So anyone else here not part of the social media hivemind and like to think for themselves and thought this movie was...

So anyone else here not part of the social media hivemind and like to think for themselves and thought this movie was actually pretty good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rM5EzAHI6NE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I liked it better than Thor Ragnarok.

I enjoyed it too user, but I've come to accept that my opinion may not be the majority and that plenty of self-thinking individuals like myself have concluded that this movie wasn't good. And that's fine.

Now grow up.

Half of them couldn't even describe what they hated about it, which tells me most of the ones complaining most didn't actually see it themselves but jumped on the bandwagon

Hivemind

>hivemind
Oh boy it's one of those threads.

It's OKAY.

But just okay. Not good, not bad. I liked it but it's just a generic superhero movie.

>is anyone else on Sup Forums a contrarian

Gee, I wonder.

It's garbage

I'm not part of any hivemind, I just know a good movie when I see one and this was not good.

better than mos an bvs

way worse than WW and MCU

I'll bet u thought suicide squad was good too

>Comparing JL to Suicide Squad

I think hyperbole is a language on the internet because that's all many here speak.

It's easily the best movie that the DCEU has produced so far

This. It was honestly the equal of the first Avengers movie, probably even better. It handled introducing three new heroes better than the original Avengers could handle all of its pre-established heroes. If anything, JL proved we don't need boring-ass origin movies before we see superheroes.

I've seen it with 3 different friends, they all thought it was good to great. Cashier at my LCS loved it, but he is a bit of a DCfag, so he'll love anything in their franchise.

>Zack Snyder

If a movie has absolutely nothing going for it except the fact that it has famous fictional characters in it, then I'll think for myself and not bother watching it.

I didn't love it but I certainly liked it.

Best scene was Flash realizing Superman also has super speed.

After Credits scene made the whole thing even more worth it. I hope they actually go through with the Legion of Doom.

It was ok. It had its moments.

>It was honestly the equal of the first Avengers movie, probably even better

This movie is suffering from the superhero fatigue. Only Thanos is keeping Marvel safe from it.
You heard it here first

I really liked it. I talked to 4 other guys and they liked it too.
I honestly don't know why this is bombing the way it is.

Why does the social media hivemind side against DC?

>This movie is suffering from the superhero fatigue
That's not a thing and we all know it.
People need to stop pretending it is.

I've seen it two times with different chicks and im about to watch it a third time with my two brothers and another chick.

>DC had a terrible start
>In general people don't take Superheroes seriously
>DC tries to be super serious
>Fails at it with goofy shit like Martha or Bat's voice
>Marvel laid it's universe out brick by brick
>DC just tries to throw together an Avengers right out the gate to catch up
You notice that the best DCEU movies are ones that most closely ape the Marvel formula. I think they should build their own style though.

They should have gone Sin City or Watchmen (the movies) with the tone and visuals. Throw in some Shumaker style, people were hype as fuck at Danny Elfman. We know what works for what DC is trying to do but they're just now getting around to doing it.

Tribalism is a hell of a drug.

The movie fails in almost every basic aspect of filmmaking

I went in not knowing what to expect.
I'm kind of with Kevin Smith's feelings on it. There were things, on a huge movie screen, that I never expected to see.
Steppenwolf. He looked like shit but that was Steppenwolf up there. Mother Boxes. Fucking Green Lanterns getting killed. New Gods mentioned. Parademons, man.
Aquaman
Even if the elements themselves could have/should have been done better the fact I was seeing it happen at all was a blast.

I'm not a sheeple, and I can tell you it's lukewarm. And frankly, if you like this, and hate a Marvel flick, you're just a bias faggot, because this movie was just all the negative aspects of a Marvel flick amplified.

Case in point, faggots.

>Half of them couldn't even describe what they hated about it
That's because they are not interested in watching it. It is their money, they are not obligated to give any to Warner.

How many times people will have to post TDK rises, Lego Batman and Wonder Woman scores for you to see that is actually snyder fault?

>Marvel laid it's universe out brick by brick
>but more of the movies are below-average and only get a pass because of fanservice and the audience being indoctrinated
fix'd

>You notice that the best DCEU movies are ones that most closely ape the Marvel formula.
But MoS and BvS are nothing like Marvel movies...

You DCfags really can't stand the MCU being better can you?

This. It's not just in media, it's pretty much how most humans are programmed to function.

Everyone here suckles at the D*sney teat, and D*sney has told them that DC = bad. The only time they've failed to push that narrative was with Wondy, and that was only because their "it's secretly super sexist guys!" angle of attack failed to gain traction.

It's completely ok, but unfortunately can't beat Lego Batman and Wonder Woman, nevermind the MCU's franchise (that isn't Thor 2, IM2 or Age of Qupitron)

Still fuck you for still doing company wars shit

How can one person be so fucking wrong?

>But MoS and BvS
>Best

But it's not. Just more successful, because the average moviegoer is a triple-pleb.

I thought it was good, but Whedon needs to be nowhere near the sequel.

Fuck no
Managed to be worst than Thor 3 (at least that had some cool action scenes).
Shits so fucking hamfisted. At least MoS and BvS, Snyder was trying to do something with it. JL is straight up popcorn, and its SHIT at it.

The state of DCfags
Truly staggering.

>Managed to be worst than Thor 3
That doesn't mean anything since people are praising Thor 3 like the second coming.

>because the average moviegoer is a triple-pleb.
See now your argument really can't work of it just hinges on saying that everyone else is wrong.
That's not argument that's what 5 year olds do.

Yes. I too care more about seeing intellectual properties I like than quality filmmaking. Don't forget guys, six for the six.

Theyre both shit movies cut from the same cloth.
Thor 3 just happen to be handled by people with a modicum of sense. There arent half as many awkward camera cuts and retarded movie logic as there is in JL
>That part where Wolf just breaks the wall of that Amazon room
How did ANYONE watch that and let it be in a fucking multimillion dollar movie
The audience is retarded but not THAT much.

What if you like DC but hate what Snyder has done to them on the big screen?

Yes of course OP! Remember to watch it once for each member of the JUSTice League!

Is this real?

Yep

>I've seen it two times with different chicks and im about to watch it a third time with my two brothers and another chick.

Look, I've got enough willing suspension of disbelief to accept that a man can fly, but not that you've gone to see a movie three different times with three different girls.

Unless you mean your mom, your sister, and your grandma.

>Didnt want to scam the theater so paid a full ticket despite being low on money this month
>All to watch that fucking garbage
I should have known better.

I paid to see it with a free movie ticket, they didn't get a penny out of me.

that's like a Marvel fan buying bendis supporting his sjw crap by buying his comics 6 times

The only way to save DC is by boycotting snyder.

>because the average moviegoer is a triple-pleb.

You can't have a successful blockbuster without "triple-pleb" moviegoers coming and seeing your film. Sneer at them all you want, but their dollars are what make movies successful.

Spending $300 million on a movie that isn't accessible to the general public is a great way to... well, have a movie performing pretty much like Justice League is. Disney/Marvel doesn't have to convince movie goers that DC films are bad... Zack Snyder is doing a bang up job of that all on his lonesome.

For all the talk I hear about Marvelshills and Mauscucks, every time I see a Marvel filmmaker talking about DC, it's typically complementary.

Kevin Feige on DC - “When the movies perform well and are well received, it’s good for us – which is why I’m always rooting for them.”

James Gunn - "As Marvel and DC super fans you have way more in common with each other than you do with the rest of the world."

Kevin Feige - "we couldn't be more supportive. We want to see a Joss Whedon Batgirl film be awesome."

Kevin Feige when asked if he had advice for DC - "I think you can look at what they did with ‘Wonder Woman’ and they’ve figured that out. I’ve got great confidence in Geoff Johns over there and now Joss Whedon helping them out that just makes me excited as a fan to see what’s next.”

Is DC as classy?

David Ayer - "Fuck Marvel"

Zack Snyder - "I feel like Batman and Superman are transcendent of superhero movies in a way, because they’re Batman and Superman. They’re not just, like, the flavour of the week Ant-Man"

Zack Snyder - "Really, Thor? Thor, has a movie? Like, really. I mean, come on - and there is no Superman movie? The world's out of balance. It's like we've lost our minds here, people. Come on."

Didn't you hear? Bendis is all DC's problem now.

Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty, we're free at last.

I don't know if it's because only seeing MoS/BvS(plan on seeing WW) really lowered my expectations, but I actually found this movie decent and enjoyable. Sure the plot was kind of shit, but it was serviceable and I liked most of the characters. I would have at least given it a fresh rating.

This for me too.
Like JL has some obvious bad points (annoying Flash, moments of bad CG) but it still had a story I liked.

Thor 3 could have had a story I liked, if it didn't wanna be a comedy so hard it brought down every scene to go for the funny.
I mean they had great character designs and great action scenes for once, but they went for the pratfall EVERY TIME.

Did you seriously start a thread bitching about hiveminds while simultaneously looking to recruit people who will agree with you?

I found this movie to be a step in the right direction, just like I did with WW.
However the baggage and continuity it had to deal with, something that in these type of movies is supposed to enhance and make things bigger, connected was easily the weakest part of the movie.

The way they resurrect Superman and then lose the Motherbox, the way the Parademons work and it's invasion. They all sucked all energy the movie had.

Aquaman and Flash were a chore to deal with, Batfleck is still a bad character.

It looked and sounded like a Justice League movie with most of its lore either neutered, rushed or changed for the sake of change.

Part of it can be attributed with how the movie was cut, yes, but Justice League War the animation is essentially a better version of the same story and concept and they didn't need 2 hours to tell this tale. The way they dealt with Cyborg was better too and Cyborg was actually pretty ok in the JL movie.

Since I was expecting pure shit, I was pleasantly surprised to see a movie that is passable. A shame about the whole shared universe though.

What is it with you fags and complaining about a comedy being a comedy?
The people behind the film have been nothing but up front about that.

I can like a comedy being a comedy. Hell, I loved GOTG 1&2.
But the comedy in Thor 3 wasn't good, while everything else was.

I'm not saying remove all the comedy (I mean we all knew what Jeff Goldblum was gonna be like, and I did kinda chuckle at Thor constantly trying to keep Banner calm by repeating the lullaby bit) but they could have cut most and played it straight.
"Here comes Bruce Banner to dive into battle to fight a direwolf. Better make a joke out of this by having him fall flat on his face instead of a cool transforming slam like we had in Avengers."
"How about we make most of Thor's dialogue sound like the cocky jerk Thor we had at the beginning of the first Thor movie."
"Time for a cool Thor escape? You mean time for Thor to smack himself in the head by accident."

I hear nothing but the ramblings of a fag with no sense of humor.

>Let's radically change the tone compared to the two previous installments, even though the plot suggests a more somber mood, if anything.
>Eh, why people are unpleasantly surprised?

Also, trailers were not exactly upfront about it being a comedy.

Also, comedy may be good or bad, and Thor 3 belonged to the second category. GotG knew when and which gags would be inappropriate, Thor 3 did not.

If you don't want to hear that you should talk to yourself less.

Said the user who didn't like GOTG 1 or 2 but liked Thor 3.

The actual cheerful superman at the end was all I ever wanted out of a modern super man movie
God I wish we could get a non stupidly depressing remake of man of steel. Or the shazam movie

For all the talk about Marvel movies being quipfests, Yondu's funeral really got to me. Especially the interaction between Rocket and Quill.

youtu.be/rM5EzAHI6NE

doesnt matter where we heard it because its wrong.

Marvel is keeping Marvel out of the fatigue.

Honestly, fuck it. I want a 3-hour film/Ultimate cut. I don't care if most of the deleted scenes were not really part of the theatrical cut, just fucking make the cohesion between the reshoots and the original footage better.

It was actually pretty good. Shame that it's a bomb at the box office because people want to continue having their hateboner for DC movies!

>if you aren't a contrarian like me your opinion is worthless
Pretty common logic on here.

Marvel is taking superpowers and putting them into movies of other genres. Spy thriller, space opera, heist, they can probably pick others, maybe even a spaghetti western like Logan but less depressing.

The MCU is one of the worst things to happen to marvel comics

Liked it, I had fun. I went to a matinee theater on a Wednesday night and the place was a little more than half full, and there was lots of chuckles from the audience. Really wondering how much of the hate is real and how much is the mouse protecting their monopoly

>Sup Forums proving it has shit taste on par with Sup Forums

Begone begone young Pajeet, to the designated shitting street

I think that would be the case if regular movie goers understood the difference, but they don't. I'd guess 95% of the people who saw Thor have never opened a comic book in their life.

DC's best selling title for October was Dark Nights: Metal #1 (their other titles sold much less), with almost 160,000 issues sold. Let's just assume each and every one of those was bought by a fan... if that number represents DC's total hardcore fanbase, and they all went and saw Justice League at $10 a ticket, that's only $1.6 million. Even if they all do the 6 for 6 thing, you're only at 9.6 million. To make the $600 million to be in the black, they need 60 million tickets sold. The whole 6 for the 6 thing isn't enough... you all would need to buy 375 tickets each!

And Marvel actually has it worse... Mighty Thor #700 was their best seller - with 116,000 copies. So how come Thor: Ragnarok isn't in as bad a shape is JL? A couple of things. T:R cost a lot less to make, so they didn't need as many ticket sales to be a success (even though they got them). They didn't release right after another superhero movie in an attempt to squash the other movie. They market their movies to the average person, not specifically to comic book fans. Marvel's been very smart with the whole "you don't HAVE to go see movie X, but you might miss something related to movie Y next year that you're really excited about." And once they have you in the theater, you're most likely going to have an enjoyable experience.

It's fine to blame "Marvelcucks" or some Disney conspiracy for the poor performance of JL if that makes you feel better, but I'd say MoS and BvS have a lot more to do with it. Hell, Batman, Superman, and WW are cultural icons. This should have been a slam dunk for DC, and I wish it was. Hardcore comic book fans alone aren't enough to appreciably move the profit dial either way. It would be doing about the same whether comic book fans saw it or not.

Good lord this reminds me of console warrior fags going on Twitter and crying when some Exec says something they don't like about their favorite mega corporation. You people are huuuge retards.

I liked it but man was the villain the most forgettable piece of gray trash

And Eisenberg Luthor sucks