It’s another Disney animated film with a “GOTCHA!!!” villain that comes out of nowhere during the third act

>it’s another Disney animated film with a “GOTCHA!!!” villain that comes out of nowhere during the third act

Is there any good excuse for why they have to pull this shit EVERY TIME now? What is there fucking problem?

Moana didn't do it

Name five others.

>it’s another Disney animated film

Are you referring to Coco OP?

And Up and Frozen and Big Hero 6 (regarding who was behind the mask in BH6) and Wreck It Ralph

>coco
>disney

o ur rite dey shud all just have the villain lead out of the gate bcaz being surprised is ghey

fukkin phag

No, Disney is just the company of absolute fucking stagnation where they have to recycle concepts or even entire movies over and over again.
There's pretty much no reason for there to be live action remakes of Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast, but here we are.

TS2,Up, and agruably TS3 pull of that shit

It's revealed fairly early on that Lotso is the bad guy.

Usually its revealed at the end of the second act, or sometime during third act.

Darth Vader busted in the first scene of the movie owned everything and being a badass. He's one of the most recognized villains ever.

OP is right, it's cliched and there are other options.

It’s worse than stagnation imo. It’s more like there’s a great new idea every 4-7 years that gets popular and makes money so they rehash it for the next 4-7 years til it gets stale. They do not grasp the concept of restraint.

That's because Moana barely had a villain.

don't forget her

Nobody at Disney is trying to create a new iconic Vader-villain in a normal Disney CGI-family cartoon movie.
Not every villain needs to be a Vader.
If they tried to do that, we'd just have people complaining about them copying Star Wars.

Because it's more effort writing than good vs evil black/white basic.
I'm not dissing basic upfront badguys, but that's basically it. They think people need more to the story then something so straightforward (which maybe they do maybe they don't it depends on how the story already is).

TS2 is old enough for it not to have become annoying yet. The villain in Up is introduced so late in the movie, and the reveal is so soon after that it hardly matters that he's a "surprise villain". Lotso is shown as the villain at around the start/middle of the second act, which is early enough that it doesn't bother me.
I honestly don't mind surprise villains, since I like Turbo, and Bellwether was okay, but I think it's being used too often currently, and sometimes it doesn't work that well, like with Hans.

Coco has a villain?

zootopia is the worst of this, treasure planet is the best because it doesn't hide it

Everyone knows everything about the Treasure Island. A Treasure Island in Space cartoon isn't going to change that much.

The movie itself also doesn't hide it like a twist

Turbo was awesome though

What's it with a lot of kids movies having the main characters heroes being complete assholes/the bad guys in the last couple years?

They did the inverse. The villain actually wasn't.

I dunno where or why the trend of suprise twist villians suddenly start popping up, but i will say this, nothing in any of disney or pixar movies going to top the best suprise twist villian as Aizen.

It worked the one time in Wreck-It Ralph because they actually took the time to set up Turbo as a figure, and because King Candy was still OBVIOUSLY an antagonist from the get-go even without the twist. The twist was just his motive, not that he was the villain.

And Zootopia

Disney needs to make a movie where the villain turns out to be the protagonist the whole time.

Was Maleficent not a bad guy? Was Jafar not a bad guy? Scar?

>last couple years

I dunno. This one was a little too obvious to be a 'GOTCHA' moment.

Yeah seriously. Aizen has spoiled me in villains. Nothing tops him. Nothing tops how Tite Kubo took ONE super power -- controlling one's perception of reality, illusion powers -- and did something fucking amazing with it and Aizen. Which he continuely delivered on through out the whole series.

And it made the audience love Aizen more, he's such a villain he convinces the reader to side with him too. That's villainy!

The movie was a mystery on trying to find out who was the mastermind, I have to give that a pass in that regard.

>character is visibly overshadowed, yelled at, and pushed out of frame for the entire film
>many characters comment on it
>"comes out of nowhere"
veritable proof that Sup Forums has no higher level thinking whatsofuckingever

>The movie was a mystery on trying to find out who was the mastermind
Are you serious?

The villain was supposed to be shrouded in mystery in a whodunit until the end. It made sense

Too bad how he got his comeuppance was complete shit

I actually think that's the problem. It's like they want us to not know they're the villain, but still do everything they can to give it away.
Turbo worked because King Candy being the villain was obvious, but him being Turbo was better hidden.
It's annoying when the movie goes "Holy shit, they where the villain all along! Bet you didn't see that coming" with these shitty "reveals", while having huge screaming neon signs all throughout the movie telling us they're the villain.

>it r a thing
>angryface.png.tiff.gif.jpg.
>500 replies
>250 images
>ctrl+f pol - 100 examples found