In assumed they were just de-aging him but apparently they just cast a young guy to play an old man

In assumed they were just de-aging him but apparently they just cast a young guy to play an old man...

Deathstroke isn't really that old. The serum he took that gave him his healing factor turned his hair grey.

Well its about time. How often do old fucks play young bastards.

>young
Joe Manganiello is 41

Not familiar with Titans but I do know comics and that is so clearly a retcon. What was the reason for it?

I'm not even sure, it was during his Wolfman solo in the early 90s.

He's at least in his 50s or so even when he's introduced, isn't he? He's got adult children

And how old are you, 12? 41 isn't "old"

That dude looks like shit and he had a really bland voice. Should've gotten Mel to play Slade.

>Actually expecting them to cast a geriatric to play a purely physical character

It was probably just because it makes sense that he's an old grandpa when he's terrorizing a bunch of kids but it's harder to buy when the character got more popular and started going to to toe with Batman and such.

Probably 40s, he was in histwenties in the 60s and first showed up in 1980.

How did they get the costume right for Slade but not for Steppenwolf?

And they couldnt get Stephen Lang why?
Because Steppenwolf being a monster/satan was Snyder's vision, and Whedon couldnt edit that out. Deathstroke here was an add on after credits scene they shot

Because the only semi-decent Steppenwolf costume was Kirby's original one with the yellow skin. The one he did for Super Powers was utter crap, and then the New 52 was generic, utter crap.

The shit are you talking about? Steppenwolf was 100% CGI, literally the easiest thing to edit out.

Oh right, its just a simple matter of REDOING EVERY GODDAMN SCENE HES IN. No one over at WB wanted to pour additional money in this

Deathstroke is in his mid 50s to early 60s.

its not young

They did the same for WW. They changed Ares's design last minute

Pierce Brosnan would have been some interesting casting.

You got any evidence for that? Because all we have is concept art of that other design that probably never got modeled in the first place. I don't think you understand how time consuming CGI is

Why is his eyepatch so shitty

tfw he became the world’s greatest assassin just to get revenge on Parker for stealing his girl

I wondered the same thing, it's my only real beef with the design.

I also would shave the mustache part.

So it's just the same tacticool paintball shit as Arrow?

It looks like they gave him a weird metal eyepatch

I thought Deathstroke in JL was Snyder's plan too?

In an earlier draft I guess, along with Luthor. Look this movie was clearly chopped to bits and reshot so I guess they had to shove Slade in there somewhere because of a contract

That's clearly the same scene as the post-credits scene. Down to the camera angles.

He fought in either Vietnam or Korea (or both) and his son had his throat slit by the Jackel, not a supervillain: the historical figure.

Deathstroke ain't young.

Like Frank Castle, they're going to retcon the Nam thing sooner or later. But yes, Slade is a Foxy Grandpa

whatever deathstroke is fucking lame oh boy an assasin villian wow so fucking interesting yes please i can't wait to not watch the batman movie where he doesnt go up against a famous batman villian and instead fights some mortal kombat fucker

Why're there so many seat belts on his outfit?

t. 41 year old

Does the character in the comics also have forehead acne sloppily covered up with makeup.

yeah but he's old now, after years of comics. when he was created he wasn't old. since this is his first outing he doesn't have to be as old as comics current deathstroke.

it is.

But Deathstroke has the serum do it doesn't really matter as much.

We he first came out he was the father on an adult child (Grant) plus a younger teenage son (Jericho). He would have conceived Grant after having already fought in battle so he would have been at least 40-45 when he first appeared in Teen Titans. That's nearly twenty years older than Batman or Superman's ages for their first appearances.

right, and in this series, batman is older, superman is about 30 looking at most, the actor is irl 41. so his age and look add up.

i don't get your complaint.

Reminder that Manu looked better.

Wouldnt mind a masked Deathstroke with Ron Pearlman's voice.

No, he didn't. Its overcomplicated bulky bullshit

Why are most Deathstroke iteration so sexy

h-how old are you user?

Oh, it wasn't a complaint. I'm just saying that (within comic terms) Slade is a lot older than most heroes.

>literally just took the design from Arkham Origins
Kek!

So exactly the same as the costume from a 300 million dollar movie.

Silver Foxe

>Probably one of about 3 good characters in Arrow
>Never got his own spin-off

I don't get it, Slade was probably the most popular character after Oliver and Felicity yet the waited 3 years after he last did anything of note to make him interesting again.

And now we've got Joestroke they'll probably kill him off like Deadshot.

I've heard rumors that he was supposed to be the leading role in that Suicide Squad spinoff that fell through.

Holy shit that's an ugly costume.

Ironically Kirby disliked his original Steppenwolf design which is why he redesigned him for Superfriends. Mantis too.

>Mel Gibson starring in The Raid directors DS movie which is an adaptation of Priests run
Why don't we live in a perfect world.
Also og/Priest assassin>armoured tacticool costume

Bennett was busy being in the hobbit until he was cut and then was in the shannara chronicles.

This is shit but at least they'll probably reboot after the JL disaster and it will never get followed up on

>We want a 60 year old trying to do backflips and shit.

This is worse than when Sup Forums was set on the idea that Thor's ideal casting was HHH.

I don't get it : Batman is supposed to be mega old. Yet Lex, Deathstroke, Superman, etc. are mega young.

Old enough to have a 16yo daughter and 18yo son, isn't it?

It's.. it's like this movie is an elsewrold story OR a cinematic universe..... hmmmm

are those belts on his chest holding up his pecs

You do realize that 41 is roughly twice the age of the average Sup Forums poster, right?
Most folk here are under 25

Yea and it sucks to have a Batman already on the verge to retire. I'm glad JL will kill this universe.

wasn't he a pedophile?

Ehebophile

More hebephile bu yeah... something like that.
Was there any other underage bitch he fugged?

>Suicide Squad spinoff

Would've unironically preferred this over Legends.

This costume is fucking garbage, where are the pirate boots?

This

t. Ultron

fucking newfags

Sup Forumss pretty stupid, yea
Costume looks good, Joe’s a great choice and paired with this director there’s nothing not to be excited about

The fuck?? Since when is 41 year olds not super fucking old? Do you see me fucking 41 year olds?? Yuck!!!

Why couldn't they just have Steppenwolf be a human in a suit in normal scenes, only becoming a monster during the climax as he explains to the Earthlings and demonstrates that he's a fucking New God and not some little alien they can just pummel?

Yeah whatever old man. Didn't know nursing homes had wifi.

Deathstroke scene was something Zack shot.

Dude’s a Chad, that’s never been in doubt

t. mid-life crisis

>Literally the best design for Dethstroke
Kek

I'm 23 and i don't consider 41 old. It's not young but not dying age at least. I would call it more like 'Mature' age, but not old.

Joe looks nice on this Arkham armor but will we get some redesign so it might look more Perez?

>murica
Wait, isn't he australian or something?

t. arrowfag

His own daughter based on Johns TT run.

So, should they use him as the villain for the Batman movie or the Nightwing movie? Personally, I think Nightwing would be better.

How the heck did you get 51 twice?

Only the true new god gets 52.

Yes, but then they will obviously use him in the Titans show too, maybe they'll go for a woman villain for the movie (rape pls)

>having kids at early 20's
fucking disgusting, go back to your 4th world shithole

Deathstroke is famous for being so "Murrica" that he refuses to take contacts that endanger American national security

You don't woo young tail like Terra and not be sexy.

They should have just left Mangianello's hair the way it was, he already had the salt and pepper look, going fully white isn't totally necessary for Slade.

You act like they spent $300M on Deathstroke's costume. He was a cameo side character, they weren't going to spend a lot on him.

Ares was only one scene

Nightwing, definitely. The characters have history and the rest of Dick's rouges gallery arent exactly strong movie material.