Back in the 1950's, people wondered what the future would be like...

Back in the 1950's, people wondered what the future would be like. Frank Hampson showed them something that might not have been THE future, but it was a future worth showing.

This is Dan Dare, Pilot of the Future.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CunLqb6-HoY
youtube.com/watch?v=ddroV1JD-ZA
youtube.com/watch?v=jZ69LKSXoMQ
britishcomics.wordpress.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>you will never live in the far off future of 2002

Yes, I'm trying something a little different for weekends now. Let's be honest, nobody really cared when I was posting Dick Tracy, and my Sunday scanlations were turning into a bare-bones obligation. Therefore, I'm switching things up by posting a British classic.

But why Dan Dare, I hear you ask? Well, as you may know I've taken to posting comic book legends who worked on licensed comics e.g. Star Trek, Star Wars, 2001: A Space Odyssey, etc. Frank Bellamy drew a one-page Star Trek ad for Radio Times (something of a British institution, especially round Christmas) and he took over Dan Dare from Frank Hampson after Hampson left Eagle for personal reasons, so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Fair warning: these reprints gave pretty good value for your money in terms of page-count, and I hope to cover the entire Voyage to Venus story arc today.

Why does my ISP always crap out when I'm trying to do a big storytime?

I first learned about Dan Dare from this video.
youtube.com/watch?v=CunLqb6-HoY

For me, it was this: youtube.com/watch?v=ddroV1JD-ZA

Happening to find a copy of the very reprint I'm posting soon afterwards didn't hurt, either...

And now, our story proper.

And yes, the "Y-y-you're a WOMAN!?" was still relatively fresh back in 1950.

Seems interesting. I'll keep this open to read later, thanks.

God dammit Mini, I just downloaded all of Dan Dare yesterday as I found a goldmine of 80s brit comics. Guess I'm sitting in for this.

youtube.com/watch?v=jZ69LKSXoMQ

Where'd you find your goldmine? I'm missing a few Dan Dare books, and you know I hate it when a storytime is incomplete.

britishcomics.wordpress.com/ if you've not seen it before, navigate on the left.
They've got obscure stuff like Hoot for gods sake. Keep scrolling down and you hit the links to Fantasy/Sci fi/detective, pulp and underground stuff.
No Hookjaw though.[/spoier]

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice...

I know right? Seems very active too. Download links have no limits. I've been bagging a few chunks. Look at some of that stuff on there. There's Wicked, Zit, Scream and Wow, really obscure forgotten stuff. I'm going to have to story time a load of this.

Thanks OP.

Oh, and in case anybody was wondering, desuarchive is still down for server maintenance, so my usual "___ was born/died today" will be postponed for another day.

I love it when comic covers emulate newspapers.

>what is fireden

... Huh. I don't think I've ever seen that site on 4plebs' big list of Sup Forums archive sites.

Thanks and bumpo!