ITT: Characters or Concepts that were better in movies than the comics

ITT: Characters or Concepts that were better in movies than the comics.

>Honestly the Sentinels in DOFP were for more Intimidating, Deadly, & Struck fear into you. Literally endless nightmares.

"Far" I meant to say far.

I know people going to hate me for this, but I really like karen and spider-man tech suit.

Me too.

Not the character, just the jacket and thank god DC used it for a while.

Probably the introduction of the organic web shooters for me. Hard to say exactly why though.

Anymore? I love that kind of characters

Mexican mask virgin vs the chad jacket

I like it too.

Lives up to the name "Spider Man" and makes it realistic. He needs the full arsenal. Not just reflex, sense, and wall stick + strength.

>and makes it realistic
>he doesn't shoot web out of his asshole
OUT

I like the idea but I don't hate the synthetic web enough to overcome my disgust with the organic.

I think the Watchman movie did a better job of tying the events together by having Ozymandias use Jon as a fear tactic instead of a fake squid alien.

I don't see any worth to organic shooters, honestly.

Honestly it would've been better if they saved that for a Spider Man 2099 film.

Hey he's not a mutated spider just got the powers.

And spiders dont shoot webs from their asses.

He was so good compared to the few pages he had in Seed of Destruction it convinced Mignola to do the 'flashback' books with Bruttenholm as a central character.

No way.

a) Jon was an American weapon. Every other country would've blamed America for badly controlling their weapon.

b) Movie Jon decided to become a Martyr and leave earth forever because he'd be blamed for it. Comic Jon just stopped giving a fuck, which goes better with his characterisation.

They should've definitely had an alien as the common thread. Maybe not a squid, necessarily, but something alien for sure.

I don't hate the movie that much, but they missed some very important details.

Am I the only one who was fantasizing about having a skin tight suit equipped with a robot ai with a sexy female voice after seeing the movie? Just imagine if you could ask Karen to squeeze the suit around your cock and massage it and her robotic voice gently whispering into your ear as she makes you cum.

He doesn't have to transform into a werespider just because he was injected with radiation

Honestly, It makes peter parker more relatable, like he got all of his powers in one go.

If Tony isn't an incompetent buffoon, he would have made damn sure the horny fifteen year old couldn't sext his A.I.

Well the thing that I liked about Karen is that it lets Spider-Man do his trademark internal monologues and commentary on the situation without him coming off as an idiot talking to himself.

>It makes peter parker more relatable
...Not really? Do you just mean it makes it easier for you to pretend that you could have become Spider-Man if you were bitten by a radioactive spider? Because Peter without mechanical shooters is still pretty much the same in regards to his personality.

This was 1 million times better than the comic. The usage of Wakanda/BP, The Winter Solider and the events of the Avengers movies in order to begin, develop and end the conflict with a multitude of fair arguments and legitimate reasons for being on both sides of the argument whilst portraying neither side as objectively bad, nor making their divides so strong that they're arch-enemies whilst also making it so that they're still seperated, was masterfully done. Far, far better than the shitty school shooting metaphor, secret identity obsession, villainous Tony Stark and stubborn terrorist Cap that just sort of petered out over the years and left everyone with the feeling that both sides really shouldnt' be friends ever again.

Weren't those literally Prime Sentinels, though?

Nah organic webbing was gross as fuck and doesn't add anything whereas artificial webshooters aren't gross and add not only to Peter's character but also give lots of fun opportunities for future stories.

No you've been on the internet for too long, you need some help.

>This was 1 million times better than the comic.

one million times 0 is still 0.

but no seriously, the comic was trash and I was dreading them doing civil war in the movies. Im glad the leaders took the brunt of their ideals and the heroes largely didnt know each other or want to fight each other. So many characters had never met before it made more sense they might actually fight. Over the comics where it just was the worst excuse for hero on hero shit.

Organic web shooters might work for other web shooters. But I can't help but love the classic tech that Peter uses to show that he is kind of a smarty-pants. Until Slott and his Doctor Who fetish took over and made Peter into another Iron Man.

No, the sentinels often dont stfu and look goofy as fuck. I typically hate silence villains, because hollywood has been over using it, but it worked in dofp really well.

web shooter spiderman actually does shoot web out his ass he's just too embarassed to use it. so he shits it into cannisters before he goes out so he use them in his wrist shooters

Star-Lord. I love the comic version, I have all the floppies from the 80s and 90s, but the movie version is way more unique and well-considered. Making Ego his dad instead of either a virgin birth or a generic alien emperor and playing up his connection to his mom with the music were inspired decisions, as was altering his origin to skips the spacecop phase and start with a semblance of the snarky underdog everyman leader he was in the DnA run. I don't want to sAy I like it more, but there are aspects I like better and the movie version is just a cleaner character all around.

Agreed user. I think the first movie is the best do-over Star-Lord has had since Annihilation. The only thing they need to do in the movies is slowly move him towards the DnA version in both costume and character, which I thought they were going for with the uniform design at the end of the movie, all he needed was some leather gauntlets to match his boots, a neck cover and a helmet to go with the mask and hey presto you've got an MCU version of DnA Star-Lord. They don't really seem to be going that direction with his personality in the movies and with Christ Pratt being the explosive hollywood star he is now, they're barely going to use the mask anymore let alone a damn helmet.

Also Peter being half-celestial and so literally being a "star" lord is so much better than being the kid of space-assad.

Superman Returns' suit is great. It just needed a bigger symbol on his chest.
And maybe an actor who's not a skinny twig like Brandon Routh, The dude needs to hit the gym big time.

and you haven't been here long enough
live a little my friend

Valid points, but you also have to understand the mindset of the viewers.
If they kept the pseudo-alien in, the audience would have been super confused, they'd have said it came out of left field and made no sense even if you explained it ahead of time. It's not that the psychic alien falseflag is too smart of a concept, it's just that the audience nowadays is really that dumb.

>...Not really? Do you just mean it makes it easier for you to pretend that you could have become Spider-Man if you were bitten by a radioactive spider? Because Peter without mechanical shooters is still pretty much the same in regards to his personality.

I prefer Peter Parker being a normal smart guy, not a guy that can invent stuff out of nowhere. It makes him more down to earth.

This.

Peter not being smart enough to make simple but brilliant inventions in the context of the universe is what makes him grounded to you? Not the poverty struggles? Not the focus on the duality of his life and the price he pays for being Spider-Man? Not his tons of personal relationships that often wind up as the centerpiece for his stories? Not his humor? Organic webshooters are what does it for you? You do realize that even with organic shooters, he was still a science prodigy?

He's a big guy

I loved that his web felt really strong in this movie

>hey don't really seem to be going that direction with his personality in the movies
I don't know. I think he's always going to like music and make pop culture jokes (but then he made a few of those in the comics as well) but the second movie went a long way toward maturing him. At the end he finally seems to understand what it means to be a leader and a father.

I liked League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Me too, but I never read the comic.

Nipples not asshole, user. Our milk gland is the closest thing humans have as a protean gland. They've already created hybrid goats that can do just that.

For You.

>You do realize that even with organic shooters, he was still a science prodigy?

Yes, he is pretty much nerfed. He isn't a technical genius. Hell, He didn't even solve the doc ock weapon problem. Also, I am not saying the old spider-man isn't good. I just prefer Peter Parker being a clever guy.

To chime in, movie Mantis is better than comic Mantis.

Loved how they used it in Forever Evil: Arkham War

Other than sticking to walls, his comic powers don't really say "spider". If someone somehow had never heard of spider-man and you showed them a page of Peter using his powers out of costume, they'd have no idea he was supposed to have the powers of a spider.
The organic webbing fixes that.

I think was it the ultimate verse where his dad worked on the web fluid as a project and he finished the formula or something?

You think people are going to hate you for that?
Watch this: that suit made me go from organic to web-shooters because it actually managed to make believable the versatility and variety of Spidey's webs and explain it.
Also, Keaton's Vulture is the best iteration the character has ever had, both design-wise and thematic-wise.

>If someone somehow had never heard of Captain America and you showed them a page of Steve using his powers out of costume, they'd have no idea he was supposed to have the powers of America
>If someone somehow had never heard of Iron Man and you showed them a page of Tony using his powers out of costume, they'd have no idea he was supposed to have the powers of Iron
>If someone somehow had never heard of Wolverine and you showed them a page of Logan using his powers out of costume, they'd have no idea he was supposed to have the powers of a wolverine
It's not something that needs to be fixed.

I might be a bit selfish or optimistic, but in my opinion treated the audience like they're retards is a bad move, both in the short run and the long run.
In the short run you're fucking up your story for the sake of some idiots among the many people watching your work, and on the long run it means people never smarten up and try to challenge themselves further with the media they consume.

Go back to FB, you fucking normalfag.

Same. I've read the comic many times, and I like to look at them as completely different stories.
The movie is a fun action adventure film; it's only compared to the comic that it's bad. As its own product it's fantastic.

Same with Hellboy, imo

I liked the second movie more. What's the official consensus on that, though?

This is so far off the mark from the actual comic Civil War though, it's tough to even compare them really

>wolverine doesn't look like a wolverine out of costume

Always think its weird that peter can't shoot his own spider web from his hands while webbing is spider most known ability. I think combination of mechanical and organic are the best, basically Peter need web-shooter to make organic webbing more versatile like forming them into wide net, web ball, impact web, web chute, etc thus pleased both fans of these web.

DoFP is also one of the best comicbook movies

>that suit made me go from organic to web-shooters
No one will hate you for coming to the light

Organics weren't even going to be in the movie originally but they changed it to streamline the story.

The shitty side effect is now some people prefer that and that is just objectively wrong on every level.

They're small and ferocious. He has its characteristics

>develop and end the conflict with a multitude of fair arguments and legitimate reasons for being on both sides of the argument whilst portraying neither side as objectively bad

Yeah it was logical on both sides the whole way thru

>Peter shits his web and modifies, stores it in the web shooters in his free time.
I dig it.

not like that fag

Yeah, I like the ultimate universe for doing that.

I think the First book was great, the second one was Iffy, and by the time harry potter became the anti christ i was wondering why i was still reading

You're most definitely not the only one.

Though I'd prefer a sexy female symbiote suit to a sexy female robot suit.

Almost every adaption of Mark Millar's comics.

>harry potter became the anti christ
what

He also raped McGonagall and was defeated by Mary Poppins.

>Though I'd prefer a sexy female symbiote suit to a sexy female robot suit.

It would be perfect if karen turns into symbiote. But, that will never happen.

>Also, Keaton's Vulture is the best iteration the character has ever had, both design-wise and thematic-wise.

I think even most people who hated Homecoming would agree with you there.

Fact.

This. I don't get why organic shooters are so shit upon

Harry as the anti-christ has only gotten funnier with age, I think. His disaffected whining started out as annoying but fuck I chuckle more than not now.

>Are you like King Arthur or something?

i hope Vol 4 is a recovery and not more "old man yells at clouds" stuff

Same, it's apparently set in the year 2996 with some flashback stuff to the previous eras.

I think where Century really fell flat is that there's really nothing to get invested in because of the time skips. It's hard to care and remain interested in if the characters really do nothing for 50 years at a time.

>inb4 Karen goes full yandere for Peter and becomes the basis for the Venom symbiote

Or he would of made sure he could.

>Hard to say exactly why though.

Nostalgia. Artificial Webshooters are objectively better, narratively.

See above.

it makes sense that he'd wanna play with some sci fi stuff that's real futurist and not 1800s version of the future

that there's gonna be some more "superheros but REAL" is fucking shocking to me.

I like them because it meant the writers couldn't cop out and have him run out of web fluid at inconvenient times to try and add tension. Shit got fucking old in the cartoons.

Yeah, it seems like we're going to get more info on Mina's mid-60's team. Which I don't mind since I think a lot of whatever the hell they were doing in those 100 years needs buffing out.

Yeah, the press release mostly mentions "We", so it should be neat to see how he deals with stuff that could only happen so far removed from past or present relations.

I hope America is all THX-ish.

>Mr. Stark, help! My suit has turned evil!
>Evil how? Like, murdering civilians? Hailing HYDRA? Looming ominously at the end credits sequence?
>N-No, she just wants my dick, like, 24/7!
>.....
>Hello? Mr. Stark?

Okay seriously, why the fuck isnt there ANY art of hologram Karen yet?!

Loved the jacket, but would have preferred a black and white balaclava. Respirator was a bit stupid for Nolans attempted realism.

I wasn't until now.

So Pete is the one that has to deal with the living suit and not Tony this time?

>balaclava
a balkanian guy

I just wish Hollywood would lose its hardon for shiny machinery. A lot of these mechanical exosuits would look much better and more memorable with a coat of scuffed up paint.

>but it's gross

Yeah, organic webbing is gross. You know what else is gross?

Fucking spiders.

This but with Symbiotes.

thats because they weren't 2 stories tall and purple.