Is it any good or it's just tumblr trash?

Is it any good or it's just tumblr trash?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

THICC

>that art
>one... maybe two female leads
>nothing dynamic or even interesting about the cover at all

You tell me.

Looks straight up lazy actually. That art ought to make anything underwhelming. No way that's the best they could do with knight and a fucking half dragon.

Didn't the author of this had autism or something?

tumblr trash.

I was going to say, it has not aged well. And that it was from a time before tumblr saturation.. but it started in 2012. So, not nearly as old as I had thought.. nope. so yeah, in that case, just massively overrated, and full tumblr.

I’m gonna be completely honest about this one. I enjoyed it. It is by no means perfect or, to a lot of people, going to be good. Had a bit of a slow start and the design of the titular character annoys me. But has some fun concepts. Got me to read it all the way through and I haven’t gotten rid of it. So take that as you will.

How about you read it and form an opinion by yourself? Every once in a while can't hurt user.

Because my sister wants to buy me something and she knows I like comics and thought about buying it for me. Now instead of straight up saying no and making her go look for something else I'm at least giving it a chance, despite not liking the cover.

if you're the kind of person that cant separate the art from the artist here's the creator. think of her what you will
but also this is getting a film adaptation so theres that too

also she berated the steven universe crew on twitter about having a male protagonist instead of a female one and it got so bad even ian jones quarterly came call her out on her bullshit. so i guess if you hate SU thats a plus

I mean Bill Cosby is still a funny actor, he just also happens to be a funny rapist. Not OP, but I see that the book is obviously surrounded by “Tumblr-isms”, but I want to know if those qualities are reflected in the book itself. Is the MC gonna randomly go on a 10 page tangent about toxic masculinity at some point, or is it more harmless “lol so randumb” adventure time era wacky fantasy tales?

>dyke haircut on the dragonling
I'd give it a miss personally, but that's just me.

noelle also created lumberjanes

Yeah, avoid, OP. Don't let your sister give this woman money.

I remembered when it used to be a webcomic. It was...OK for what it was. Ennoyed a bit when it was just Nimona and Blackheart doing fun criminal things. (Nimona's backstory was really something.) Didn't see much wrong with the artstyle considering the road it was going for...but when it got to serious stuff though: ehhhh, I've been engaged into plots with better tensions. I would've been indifferent to tbose parts if it wasn't for the commenters lightening up the mood, even in the most dreariest of moments.

Mind you, it had been 3-4 years since I read into it. Found it from a Buzzfeed list of recommended webcomics to read - when I was just so naive of the Internet back then and all I knew of it was stuff like Cheezburger.

Isn't this free online anyway? This was a Web comic right,

There are a few webcomics I'd be okay buying.

It basically starts and ends at Dr McNinja.

But lumberjanes was good. I mean, it's not a masterpiece, but it's a fun reading to pass time.

If you like reading about butch dykes in a poorly done minimalist artstyle, sure.

Noelle Stevenson being given credit for Lumberjanes is the "Tim Burton gets credit for everything Henry Selick's ever done" of kids' comics.
She did some designs and art because she's popular and people liked working with her but she's never had major writing duties, didn't develop the core concept or even lay down the basic aesthetic.

It was. Stevenson restricted access to just the first chapter when it got a print release. But we all know everything that's on the Internet stays there forever...

i've also heard good things about it on Sup Forums and it's been storytimed once or twice

I can see why people enjoy it. I personally find it too weightless. Nothing ever seems to be given much real consequence or even treated as a cause for concern. Things that are supposed to be heavy emotional or narrative beats whether it's discovering lost civilizations or one's true identity are too often passed over as trivial.
But if you can get attached to the personalities and enjoy lighthearted fun I see no reason to avoid Lumberjanes.

well it's also getting developed into a movie
noelle has already become probably one of the more successful indie comic artists. if OP wants to support the indie scene he might want to look to other less know works

This is a problem with almost every "tumblr comic" in existence. Every time a problem comes up it's either immediately resolved or the impact is muffled. The characters can never have real emotional issues because it's triggering.

>2015

>still no word about it

Watch fox shelve it due to creative differences

It's locked in a release date of February 2020. It's got a director and a writer. Latest update was just this summer. I guess it could still go off the rails before then. Many projects have. But this might stick the landing.

It's ok. It doesn't end like you think it's gonna.

It's really noting special imho. It has a similar style of comedy and storytelling as Adventure Time, with forced slang and quirky random humor, which really hasn't aged well. The art is okay, depends how much you enjoy the style. The characters and story are passable, but nothing to call home about.
I'm a femanon but it drove me up the wall how people insisted Nimona was a "strong female character" when really she was just an annoying immature brat. The villain dude was much more likable and relatable.

B-Boobanon?

>no "how to unrape sister" or similar classics
6/10 for tabs.

On an unrelated note, Classic Theme Restorer update when? Current FF looks like shit.

Wait a motherfucking second. Are you on ESR or how did you get the rounded tabs and old icons back?!

I want to give her a fair shake, but Noelle seems to just not get comics. Her paneling and pacing are balls.

>netorare
>Royal Cucking
>CuckStuck

Holy shit, links?

Read it during a storytime a while ago. It's alright though it has it's flaws. It would be better without the main character but its a good read if you're bored.

It is a mediocre webcomic: bad writing, okay art, and a distinct fujoshit flavor. I read it to see what Tumblr is into. Follow my example if you have a kind of anthropological interest in Tumblr users. You can use archive.org/ to read the whole thing for free.

I second this call for links.

I've considered Girl Genius.

Problem Sleuth

cuckstuck is actually really good if you like homestuck and cuck stuff

100% agree. My mom got it for free at a book fair or something and gave it for me to read. I stopped after the first 40 pages because the title character was such an insubordinate, sociopathic bitch. Maybe it gets better later on, but I doubt it. Now I put the book under my laptop to keep it from overheating when it sits on the table.

it's pretty good

>Now I put the book under my laptop to keep it from overheating when it sits on the table.
Get a ThinkPad.

yeah, pretty much.

>insubordinate
Oh, do tell.

>>Noelle "Triggered by mannequins" Steveson

it was good at first but got progressively worse. although I cant remember that much about it. the author is a MASSIVE fag-hag though, witch sort of bleeds into the story. all in all id give it a C-

I read it cause it was in my school library. It was alright.

the audio book was the best

cant even read the comic anymore audio book was soo much better

I enjoyed it. Decent webcomic, was full of feelies though so maybe not for everyone.

wouldnt a hungry wolf have more drive to win?

It starts off as slapstick and it gets maudlin later. It has some interesting ideas, like the ambiguity of Nimona's backstory and the relationship between Blackheart and Goldenloin (basically the only good m/m relationship I've seen in a comic.)

But at the end of the day the art and story are only okay and the author is such a sniveling whiner that I really can't recommend it. The quality is really inconsistent because it starts as a slapstick comic but then tries to be "deep." I can't recommend it as a purchase because it isn't worth anything.

How do you guys feel about Noelle's Wander Over Yonder episodes?
>the between season shorts (with Todd Casey)
>The Catastrophe
>The Secret Planet
>The Bot
>The Rival
>The Night Out
>The Sick Day

It's an okay adventure comic

I've heard this as two dogs. One is love, the other is hate. They both get passion and drive from the same source, but it all depends on which you nurture. They both have a purpose and you can't starve your the guard dog while making the hunting dog a glutton.

She introduces herself to Blackheart (the villain protagonist) saying she wants to be his new evil minion, only for her to never fucking listen to anything he says, screw around with all his plans, backtalk him constantly, and generally make herself an annoyance. Villian guy must literally have the patience of a saint.

Social media was a fucking mistake.