'Justice League' rules China with $52-million debut as national box office breaks a record

if you believe Justice League Flop because movies critics & journalists said so. You are no different from a Sup Forums user or someone who buys games because of polygon.
latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-china-box-office-justice-league-20171024-story,amp.html

amp.cinemablend.com/news/1729599/justice-league-is-off-to-a-huge-start-in-china

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/intl/china/
youtube.com/watch?v=f7cjpeRuNQc&t=3s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Still not as much as Thor.

Slade is a pedo.

Spade kills and does bad shit. I don't think he really cares.

>Still not as much as Thor
50 million on the opening weekend. That’s unheard of in China. Justice league will make 500 million in China easily.

>Slade is a pedo
New 52 retcon that by having Terra slipping deathstroke a date rape drug.

Of which Warner Brothers will get $120-130 million at most or roughly half to a third of what it would get in the United States on similar earnings at the box office.

It'd have to earn a lot more than that for things to work out for Warner Brothers since this was a tentpole film that was supposed to help pay for other films as well as being profitable.

ohohohoho, that's a real knee slapper lad

>$52 million
>52

Uhh, fellas.

>date rape drug
Batman and Talia all over again.

Yeah. Definitely /ourguy/.

Thor made 56.3M in its opening weekend, which is a industry record for the timespan in China. Is it going to make 563 million off China?

>Still not as much as Thor
>says making 50M OW is unheard of in China
>says JL is going to make 500M in China easily
>dumb nigger doesn't know that JL won't make 500M over seas, much less in China alone

Are you stupid? Don't answer that.

Hi Sup Forums

People on Sup Forums were calming both Wonder Woman and spider-man homecoming flopped for weeks if not months. Calling a movie a flop so soon is retarded

To be fair, WW and Spiderman were lucky and what we got after them was dogshit.

Might as well post this here.

Is it wrong that i want him to be caught with jailbait or CP just because of the irony of being cast as slade?

Sup Forums also for months calmed Nu-power Rangers was gonna surpass beauty and the beast box office just because power rangers trailers gotten lots of hits.

Both of those also cost fractions of what Justice League did

But his wife is Gloria on Modern Family.

Eeewwww. Poor bastard

>Both of those also cost fractions of what Justice League did
Sony picture always hides budget. Homecoming might be around 200. If that the case. Justice league only 100 more

Look at those goalposts go

So Faggot Comics (FC) hired a washed up stripper to play this guy, are they going to make an all faggots team with Erza Miller as the leader?

Yet all the movie was a bunch of four douchebags and one innocence boy acting like asswipes and constant praising and sucking Krispy Kreme's cream filling.

and after tax, they might take home a shiney two-pence and be able to ride the trolley, all in one day!

lol, is that Jhon Stewart?

How many Sup Forums predictions were wrong this year besides power rangers being a hit?

does he look black enough for you?

10 to 20% of Power Rangers budget was payed for by donut product placement

Many predicted Homecoming would make no money in China because of the months late release, as evidence seemed to suggest american movies only make big money when they're released at the same time as the rest of the world. The movie proceeded to make more than 100 million dollaroos over there. That's the only one i know of tho. I mean in general you simply get hundreds of posts going "i bet this movie won't make shit/will make all the moneyz", sometimes it's hard to distinguish actual speculation from simple shitposting

To be fair no one could have predicted it would be a worse month than january in terms of releases. not to say Sup Forums isn't retarded just that it happened because there was nothing.

I know $52 million sounds like a lot if you have no frame of reference, but that's not particularly high when it comes to China. About what one would expect from an American blockbuster.

the big thing here is that this was supposed to be their Avengers

It's what they rushed, cut, mutilated, reshot, and cobbled their way through failure after rushed failure to accomplish

It was supposed to be the smash fucking hit that makes everything worthwhile

It's the fucking Justice League on the big screen in what might be the best days superhero movies might EVER have

Breaking even is not enough. Mere PROFIT is not enough. This has to be a smash fucking hit or WB and DC will have failed and everyone will know it

They've blown their loads on superman fighting batman, superman dying, and the Justice League movie and by most signs, will have gotten little more than ridicule for it

there's no fixing this shit. Just restructuring to salvage what they can in the future with relatively solo goes like Wonder Woman

>as national box office breaks a record
This is the most clickbait thing I've ever heard. The "record" is that the China Box Office surpassed $7.55 billion annual revenue for the first time. It has nothing to do with Justice League except for the fact it is one of the many movies included in that sum. Some articles are just including the two together in the same headline to mislead readers. Justice League still made less there its opening weekend than Thor, Homecoming, and a shit ton of other movies that ended up doing poorly overall

boxofficemojo.com/intl/china/

>allows justice league to be a success
>also the place responsible for keeping alive the ice age franchise

ummm no one implied it was justice league that broke the record, sweetie :)

Then why include it in the title? Having those two box-office related facts right next to each other in a discussion solely about the Justice League absolutely leads the reader to believe that they are of the same story. In fact, take the "record" out of the title and all you're left with is a claim that JL had a $52 million debut in China which isn't all that impressive if you look at other films.

>Many predicted Homecoming would make no money in China because of the months late release
The only prediction Sup Forums got right was the mummy reboot flopping

OP did you fucking faggot

no he didn't, try reading more carefully next time (:

>if you believe Justice League Flop because movies critics & journalists said so. You are no different from a Sup Forums user or someone who buys games because of polygon.

Again, fuck off faggot

Same thing happened with warcraft

>and after tax, they might take home a shiney two-pence and be able to ride the trolley, all in one day!

by that logic, Marvel has never made a billion dollar movie yet

>the big thing here is that this was supposed to be their Avengers

is better than Avengers already

youtube.com/watch?v=f7cjpeRuNQc&t=3s

>Then why include it in the title?

Clickbait, first time using the internet I see

Based
I also hope he will fuck Rose soon

>FIFTY TWO MILLION

>>FIFTY TWO MILLION

BASED MORRISON!!!

>snydercucks

How long before DC starts full-time pandering to China? It seems the Chinks are the only ones who actually like their stuff.

>How long before DC starts full-time pandering to China?

I hated the China pandering in Iron Man 3