So, which Hey Arnold movie did you like more?

So, which Hey Arnold movie did you like more?

For me, it's The Jungle Movie, by far. Even as a kid, I thought the theatrical movie was pretty so-so.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5NYPnH2wUQc
youtube.com/watch?v=XFWlxJQFdgc
youtube.com/watch?v=XMiY-D3SeqU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I actually vividly remember everyone reacting in the theater to it at the time when Helga confessed to Arnold.

>Helga confesses her love to a shocked Arnold
>,,,two movies in a row

They really should've saved that for The Jungle Movie and not included it in the first film. Or The Jungle Movie shouldn't have pretended like the first confession never happened. Now when you watch the films back to back, it's really weird.

So is the first movie officially not canon?

I dunno about non-canon, but it's absolutely inconsequential. You can jump straight from The Journal to The Jungle Movie and not even know you missed that first movie.

Did it introduce Monkey Man? I think that might be the only thing of consequence that happened in the first movie and carried over into the second.

Didn't see the movie yet, but was this old clip used at all?
youtu.be/5NYPnH2wUQc

Craig used to keep saying TJM would have Arnold returning the feelings, and I can't quite remember, but I think he said he was going to reference the first movie originally. They probably didn't directly reference it so the newer viewers wouldn't be alienated. Helga did say something like she already confessed in the first half of tjm though so its still canon.

Not at all. Beautiful animation though.

Monkey Man was from the show.

There's no way it could. The animation budget wasn't like that.

Holy shit I just saw it. It was literally everything I wanted. It was good.

The Jungle Movie. I never liked the original one and I cannot quite explain why.

I'm watching the Jungle Movie right now. I'm not too fond of the fact that Big Bob references the beepers at least twice, they should have just had him sell cell phones and just act like that was his main product through the whole series.

Havent seen TJM yet but I still love the first movie. Very entertaining.

Aside from Rhonda's smartphone being a plot point, there was no reason to set it in the modern day. That floating timeline bugged me a little.

>but I think he said he was going to reference the first movie originally.
If true, he should have kept it that way.

>They probably didn't directly reference it so the newer viewers wouldn't be alienated.
Who gives a shit about newer viewers, why does that matter? This movie was a long waited conclusion for older fans that grew up with the show. Catering to people that are watching TJM because they just happen to be watching it because Loud House was on right before, it a huge slap in the face to the fandom.

>Rhonda's smartphone being a plot point
They could have probably done that without requiring modern cell phones. She could have had some late 90s PDA or whatever.

Saw it several months ago for the first time. It's a fun little thing.

No. I completely forgot about this. But it seems like the overall story is in tact despite this flashback not present

But this takes place before 9/11.

he sold cellphones in the show too. He owned an electronics store, beepers were just hist flagship product
remember in the camping episode, the whole reason they went on that hike was so he could try out the new merchandise he would be carrying in the store lie the mini tv and the fridge

So, can we all agree that the first movie is non-canon and it was just a tantrum Nick have done back in the day?

youtube.com/watch?v=XFWlxJQFdgc
I wish they could have included all of these deleted scenes, no wonder the movie felt a bit rushed at the end. Near 1/3rd of the film was cut

WHY?

Nick wanted to include more SNOOP DOG

I honestly totally forgot about this movie. I don't even remember if I saw it or not.

Wrong link

At 4:07 Craig starts talking about how much of the script they cut out.

>Helga gives Arnold her locket to spread the cure
>Arnold can’t get the locket to fit
>Helga turns it into place
>”You’re such a football head”

Damn, that really sucks they couldn't include all they wanted to. Why do networks put such limitations on projects like this? I mean obviously they couldn't have a 4 hour movie, but at least allow a reasonable amount of time and resources for the creators to fulfill their vision and please the fans.
I think the movie was great as it was, but you could tell a few things seemed to be missing or rushed.

based simon

maybe this will have a DVD/BD release, right?

The first film is pretty goddamn silly. Hey Arnold can be unrealistic, but it's still far more grounded than your average cartoon. TJM was fantastical, sure, but it had a stronger emotional core than the first movie, so it gets a pass.

>Arnolds eyes are too close together

Damnit.

Whoa, it's out? really?
er... mega?

>realizing that's a thinly veiled reference to what will their first time will be like

There is something wrong with you if you think the 2002 movie is better

I agree. Fans waited all this time.
Just let Craig do what he wants, Nick, since you fucked him over so much in the past. Fuck the time limits for once! Fuck the ad revenue just once! Stop thinking with your wallets and think with your heart this ONE time. Why even give Craig the chance to make it TJM, and then still constraint him? Nick can play Loud House and other bullshit all day till the cows come home, just give Arnold and his pals the proper send off, and we will be on our way. They could have added 15 more minutes to the movie, made it a 2 and a half hour runtime on Nick, and we would be all the happier for it because the ending wouldn't have been so rushed.

Dare I say, do it right, or don't do it at all.

At least fan question interviews are almost guarenteed with Craig so we could just ask about the weird parts

If they do make a season 6, then they could at least expand on some of the weirder parts of the movie more and turn it from a 7-8/10 to a 9-10/10. (For example, why the amulet only works on Arnold)

Saw this film in theaters as a kid and was so excited to see Helga confess

but when she did I felt so...empty it was just really disappointing

glad that was a different case for this film

source?

Jungle Movie.
I am so happy. It was worth the wait.

When you compare these confession scenes back to back TJM's one is so much sweeter

youtube.com/watch?v=XMiY-D3SeqU

This is...really creepy

Do we have a download link already?

>Helga is deep voice
>Helga is deep throat
>Helga deepthroating

>I cannot quite explain why.
It was just boring, sneaking into a building to get a document and then a security tape made for a very lousy plot.

Its most memorable moment was Helga's confession which was undone by the end of the movie in a stupid "it was just a prank, bro" thing because the show was still ongoing.

>sneaking into a building to get a document and then a security tape made for a very lousy plot.
If Nick wasn't retarded and kept it for TV it'd have been a just fine multi-part episode.

Can't believe they tossed it on the theater list like that, even with good test reception. It was already made for TV, not theater.

Nick should've let this Jungle Movie be in theaters, damn it.

yes sir.

Is the movie good if you can't remember much from the show?

Do you remember the main characters, main supporting characters and the parents subplot? Then it's fine. You never know, you may end up remembering a particular episode after it's referenced.

Both were extremely forgettable, albeit for different reasons. The 2002 movie was a TV special that was padded out with stupid gimmicks and converted to a theatrical film at the last minute. TJM was a half assed, watered down, made for tv version of what the theatrical movie was supposed to be.

>Hey, Arnold. The Movie is about to start. Hurry or you'll miss it.

Ran out of the theatre after hearing that.

This

I'm just grateful we got the Jungle Movie at all. For years it seemed so impossible.

Who said it?

>half assed, watered down

I agree, but I still liked it. Even so I do feel disappointed that it's true, this is a watered down version with hiccups. I just wish Nick made it a theater movie and hyped it to hell and back to ensure no money loss. I mean the fucking loud house is already getting a theater movie, god damn.

>rooms on top of rooms on top of rooms
>when it rains it still hits everyone

I loved HA, but I never watched that movie.

The charm of the show was how low scale it was. The movie felt unnecessary. Jungle Movie I'm more willing to give a pass to because the show built it up.

That kid didn't sound like Arnold most of the time, too high pitched. Didn't fuck the movie up for me but c'mon, and it sucks because the kid was nervous in production which makes it more disappointing that it wasn't closer.

I remember thinking it was absolutely fucking retarded that they spoiled the Helga confession in the original movie in the goddamn COMMERCIALS for the thing.

On another note, I didn't realize the jungle movie came on yesterday. Fuck. They plan on airing it again?

>That kid didn't sound like Arnold most of the time

There were four other Arnolds before this one, so I've never been attached any one voice.

It's amazing how well they got almost everybody else to come back though. I really didn't think that actors who were just kids back then could still put off their old roles perfectly.

Spencer was the worst voice out of all of them. Nasally, unexpressive, and overall terrible.

I was fine with Arnold.

Gerald's new VA on the other hand...

mm. mm. MM!
now i've seen everything

simon_7617118

on twitter

You know, I've never actually seen the first Hey Arnold movie. I saw every episode of the show growing up, but I never saw the movie.

Just watched the Jungle Movie though, this is a weird time for nostalgia and cartoons.

I liked the movie.

Hey Arnold the Jungle Movie is probably the best movie that Viacom made in 2017 (Viacom owns Paramount and Nick).

>I've never actually seen the first Hey Arnold movie

You're really not missing much. Feels like soulless and just going through the motions of HA. Unlike TJM, which feels like genuine closure.

>and just going through the motions of HA
Duh, it was originally a 3-part TV episode to end the fifth season.

I remember the last scene when the car chase happened and everything after was great

And I remembered right it's fucking badass

Nope. Rhonda's cell phone and the references to WiFi make it pretty clear that it's no longer the 90s. They just retroactively retconned it so that the series always took place later.

If Arnold is a 10 year old kid nowadays that means I'm older than him

Oh no

Jungle movie for sure. The first one:
>Phoebe only has 2 non-speaking appearances
>first time she is seemingly ran over by a car
>second time she can barely be seen in a crowd

The Jungle Movie was good. A little by-the-books children's novel plot-wise, but I can't imagine anyone reasonably expecting more than they got in terms of a series conclusion.

It was referenced though. The version of La Sombra with the mask is seen on Arnold's bulletin board.

Here's another scene that was cut, looks like Nick was the reason why the film felt rushed. With what Craig said about Hipsters buying beepers at the end of the movie, I bet the ending scenes were going to be a lot more developed. I was pissed we didn't get to see Arnold's grandparents react to Miles and Stella

>Jungle Movie
>extremely forgettable
>half assed
I mean, it wasn't perfect (ending was pretty abrupt), but come on.

Helga's confession in the theatrical movie and Arnolds reaction were better than Jungle movie. If I recall Helga also drops the Tsun and is more dere after her confession which was appreciated at least until Arnold lets her take back her confession.

I'm personally finding it more enjoyable each time I watch it. Some of the smaller, forgettable comments are more noticeable and make more sense I didn't realise the amulet was specifically Miles' originally

>Helga went from upper middle class to lower middle class living in her dad's failing business building

Was this supposed to be a joke?

No, they were meant to address it, but those scenes got cut. In the SDCC panel, Craig mentioned at the end of the movie, hipsters were going to buy beepers as being "retro", but it got cut by Nick for time

Curious thing is there are still a lot of employees in civil services that use beepers for their reliability.

Doctors, ambulance drivers, fire rescue and police officers...honestly it doesn't make sense that Bob's business is failing the way it was, unless of course everyone who needs one already has one.

Really stinks because it all just ends up shitting on Helga even more which really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. At least she gets Arnold, kind of, but nothing else seems to be up for her.

This really makes me kind of upset. She had a pretty shitty home life but at least she could make up for it a tiny bit by having access to nice stuff. Now she lives in the poor house.

Well she's going to be getting blonde volcano-Jesus dick on the reg from now on so don't be too sad for her.

You can have cell phones and wifi in the early 2000s. Because Rhonda didn't explicitly reference any detail about the phone, such as texting, apps, video streaming, etc, and all she did was mainly use it for photos, a flip-phone would have worked just fine and would have been a bit more believable. Low res camera, you could still internet on it, etc.

Wait...are all the cut scenes fully animated and done? Why not make the movie as intended, Nick can cut down what they want for the broadcast, and then release the full movie on a digital platform.

I just don't get WHY they would do this. Craig has been waiting for years, fans have been waiting for years. He has a story to tell, let him tell it! Why Nick, do you interfere to the point where it starts to compromise the quality of the film? You damn well near owe Craig the freedom to do almost anything, as you guys completely screwed up the franchise itself back in the early 2000s. Moving the TV movie to the big screen, it failing, trying to get Craig to sign a contract of exclusivity to work for you for a few more years, when he still wanted to do Party Wagon after you guys rejected it.

So many people have complained about the last 20 minutes of the movie. It was obviously a mistake to cut that much out of the film. And now, that's it. We can't go back, this is the movie we are left with, its done now. It sucks it ended this way.

>Dare I say, do it right, or don't do it at all.
or i could just cut 15 minutes since no one is never happy with this kind of shit projects anyways.

you have your dumb ending, piss off.

>are all the cut scenes fully animated and done?

No. There’s a video floating around where Craig says that he has all the audio for the cut scenes, but very little of it was animated.

I think most of it was cut to keep the runtime short and make room for commercials.

Honestly I all I need is to have the audio set to the storyboards and I would be happy.

this