Finally watched it. Disappointing

Finally watched it. Disappointing.

Quality waifus though

So what was up with the creation of this movie? Did they just look at character designs and say "this character looks like they fit *insert archetype*" Why even use Big Hero Six in the first place?

Quality? Honey is braindead, Togo's character literally doesn't exist, and Aunt Cass is just there to fulfill everyone's MILF fantasy.

He obviously means Hiro, user.

Reminder that this got an Oscar for Best Animated Movie instead of Song of the Sea or The Tale of Princess Kaguya.

*Tadashi

Were either any good

Worst modern Disney movie. As soon as you analyze anything in the movie further than surface level it completely falls apart

What were you expecting when the original movie had zero character depth for anyone.

They weren't made by Disney, so it doesn't matter how good they were or weren't.

IIRC Chomet's The Illusionist didn't even qualify for entry.

The weirdest thing about it is how Disney didn't even put the Marvel logo on it, like they want people to think they came up with the idea by themselves.

I'm talking about the movie. Only heard there was a show literally today.

Actually it got nominated, but it went against Toy Story 3 and you know...

From what I remember, someone at Marvel (possibly Perlmutter) didn't want Marvel associated with the film. Hence why there were no tieins or reprints around the films release.

They should have just made the movie about Hiro, Baymax and Tadashi only. Nobody cares about the rest.

>Quality waifus

Outside their archetypes, they barely got anything similar to personality, or development, or meaningful impact on the overall plot. They were there basically to be eye candy. I mean, can you tell me the reason for any of them to be who they are? Why the chink loves riding cycles? Her yellow suit (btw, the asiatic girl have a purple streak on her hair and wears a yellow suit, how did that slip the sjw radar?) Honey is a genius chemist, we get it, her experiments and technology were aiming at... ???

Only the rich nerd boy got anything more interesting that "neat powered suit", and something similar to development.

The first time I saw that kid I thought he was a girl.

thought this movie was some asian padering, i was wrong , it was just a boy and his robot combined with some d-level "superheroes"

When they bought Marvel, director Don Hall decided to look through obscure niche Marvel stuff to reimagine into an animated feature film and picked Big Hero 6 specifically for the "Boy and his Robot" angle, which also appealed to John Lasseter when Hall presented his picks of obscure Marvel stuff that had animated movie potential.

Wasn't Baymex a recreation of Hiro's father's brain waves in the comics? That would have been a more interesting route to dissect. I honestly don't know how to feel about the movie. I mean, I hated the comic, but absolutely LOVED the premise behind it of anime stand ins having to share a team. The movie just felt like instead of doing the one thing I liked about the comic they just played on the tired character tropes we've been seeing since the 90s.

They switched to a dead brother as a change of pace from the usual "Dead parents motivate a character's story arc" thing.

If I recall correctly, it wasn't really a character arch, just something he did since he was a parody of some anime with the same premise. I'm pretty sure he was just forced onto the team because of how smart he was.

This. The teammates were just annoying.

This

His parents are also dead though.

Yeah, but they died when he was so young he never got to know them. It's less "parents" per se as "someone the character has a strong emotional attachment to who suddenly dies."

I'd say Princess Kaguya should've, won, but I don't really get Sup Forums's hate boner for Big Hero 6. I think it's one of Disney Animation's better movies

Given the story is mainly focused on Hiro and Baymax, there probably wasn't much need for the other characters to get a lot of development. That's just how storytelling works sometimes, and I think having BH6 be a show will help give those characters definition. Even as they are in the movie they aren't horribly defined though

it'll probably end up with character development similar to the httyd series

I thought the bit about Hiro trying to force Baymax to kill was pretty neat.