Marvel Cinematic Universe movies have now made more than 2.5 Billion Dollars worldwide this year

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - Worldwide: $863,564,415
Spider-Man: Homecoming - Worldwide: $880,132,609
Thor: Ragnarok - Worldwide: $759,254,643 (and climbing)

There is a very real possibility that Marvel Studios next year could make even more than this between their movies next year

You know, maybe WB should think of making Fox their direct competition. Couldn't hurt

Bubble's gonna burst any day now.
Any day now.

>live action fags will never leave.
Fuck this shitty world.

Its not fair DCbros, why do MarvelChads keep winning?!?!

>Bubble's gonna burst any day now.
People been saying that since the first Avengers.
Ain't happening.

Shit man, I remember people saying this shit around Guardians. “It’s gonna flop.” And then they moved the goal post to Antman. “It’s gonna flop.”

And then they stopped trying that shit as turned it into marvel vs dc arguments. How times change.

Remember Obama’s Republic of Hitlerstan?

>Says increasingly nervous poster for the 5th time this year

>2025
>AAAAA
>2035
>AANNNY
>2040
>DAAAAY
>2050
>NOOOOW

Two and only two words
Zack Snyder

The MCU is the single biggest problem with capeshit. It's not that the MCU movies are incompetently made, it's not that they're all bad, it's not that even the worst ones don't have some enjoyable aspects. It's that they're seriously damaging and limiting people's perception of what capeshit and by extension modern blockbuster cinema could and should be. Marvel Studios approach to film making is devastating the idea of distinct directorial style in all but the most trivial ways. Their approach to their own characters is robbing superheroes of their power as symbols and myths and reducing them to sitcom characters. Their steady stream of 6/10s is, in conjunction with the equally damaging Rotten Tomatoes system, is training audiences to think that an unremarkable film is better than a controversial one. Ultimately the root of this problem goes beyond Marvel itself and back to Disney, you can see the same thing happening to all the other properties they own. Now compare this to DC and X-Men, who's lows are worse than any MCU movie. Why? Because they have further to fall. Because they actually aim high, and their best are the best of the genre and in some cases even transcend it.

I am probably partly to blame. I've gone to the movies and seen every Marvel movie when it came out at least once. I also saw Avengers, and Ultron twice each. I went and saw Civil War a total of three times. As for DC, I've went to the movies and saw BvS, and Suicide Squad and regretted it. But I did enjoy Wonder Woman. I've also went and say Justice League twice.

>Remember Obama’s Republic of Hitlerstan?
I miss him. Here's another blast from the past for ya

You know I see these numbers and like, I sort of get why all these studios want to make cinematic universes now. I used to think it was because they all wanted Avengers money.

But at this point, they want just Marvel money, like, in general

>It's that they're seriously damaging and limiting people's perception of what capeshit and by extension modern blockbuster cinema could and should be.
You would have a point iff Logan, WW and Lego Batman didn't also come out this year, each with different approaches other than Marvel

Also, I really don't see how you could watch Ragnarok or GotG and not see Taika or Gunn's style all over that shit

When the first avengers came out their werent yet multiple "tentpole" blockbuster movies coming out every month of the year

The bubble isnt just referring to Disney/Marvel, it's an entire unsustainable hollywood industry that cant even afford to keep making these movies in hollywood. If every movie that comes out is reliant on tax subsidies to get their product made and need multiple billions of dollars in order to keep making them, the system isn't sustaining itself.

The bubble is in the midst of bursting, but slowly since real life doesnt work out exactly like how the cute metaphor does

The absolute state of DCfags.

>says increasingly nervous man for 7th time this year

>The bubble isnt just referring to Disney/Marvel,
What? Yes it is, when they talk about "the bubble bursting", they're talking about the CBM boom. The Hollywood bubble is a completely different issue

What "style" was Ragnarok shot in exactly? The script had a funny and sort of distinct tone, the production design was colorful and fun, and the special effects sequences were (as usual) stylishly produced, but anything that required actors or sets or talking was shot at a completely flat, head-on angle. When Cate Blanchett was talking to the crowd of twenty extras in silly costumes in asgard it looked like a TV movie

If the biggest studio in hollywood is primarily making samey, overexpensive capebook movies, applying the same production model to all of its other franchises, AND every other studio is trying to replicate their idea to middling success, I don't see how it isn't the same issue

How's your daughter, Zack?

Have y'all ever seen a movie produced before 2005

>How's your daughter, Zack?
Dude come on.
That's just cruel.

Why'd she kill herself anyway?

having an absentee who produces bad capeshit tends to do that

Wonder Woman BTFO pretty much every non-Avengers Marvel movie ever in terms of both profits and reviews. It's all Snyder.

>and reviews
Actually that's not true

>do a different interpretation of superman
>bomb
>make a movie specifically to make superman and batman fight, without giving respect to either's character
>bomb
>make a movie about the villains, but keep the generic super hero story the same, which makes no sense, and cut one of the most beloved DC villains out of the movie almost entirely
>bomb

Gee, its almost as if fans want them to make actually good movies? Or maybe realize that action and explosions need a compelling reason behind them? Or to actually stay loyal to the comic book characters? Or don't expect villains to entirely act like heros, and then question why people think the movie doesn't make much sense? Being a good entertaining movie doesn't have to mean "be like marvel", but it also means putting time and effort into your movies, which is something that marvel did.

>Wonder Woman did great
>No Snyder
>Justice League was at least decent
>Snyder didn't get to have full control

It really is true. Snyder needs to be fired.

>Wonder Woman BTFO pretty much every non-Avengers Marvel movie ever in terms of both profits and reviews. It's all Snyder.
Literally everything about that statement is wrong.

wait, that was it? Daddy's not around? So lemmie get this straight, a white girl with parents bringing home literal millions in the greatest country on earth commited suicide over Daddy issues? How do you ragequit life on EZ mode? I hope she gets reincarnated as a starving Indian orphan, what a pussy lol

The bubble will burst, but not for a very long time.

His wife is one of the top dogs of Warner Bros. Nepotism, gotta love it.

outside of Capeshit discussions, it is cruel, but you're not fooling anybody here, Zack

>Zack
Bitch dafaq you just call me?

early screening of JL

>Bragging how much money a giant corporation makes

>You don't get even a cent of that money

And i thought console warriors were retarded.

But user, don't you see, if they keep making money i get to see more movies exactly like the ones i have already seen and like

>Bragging
Where?

>i get to see more movies exactly like the ones i have already seen
Wow you fags really can't find anything else to say can you?
When all else fails you just whip the ol "all marvel movies are the same" excuse.

She wasn't white. She was an adopted Asian girl. Plain looking. Not being pretty at that age in Southern Cal? Destroys your self esteem.

I do wonder how much they funnel back in to improve their special effects department. Like, you're getting that much, I kind of hope they really get their special effects on an unreal level.

But Zack's a cool name to be called. Right? My name is Zack...

It's not.

AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

dcuck in suicide double watch

>Or to actually stay loyal to the comic book characters?
Star-lord isn't Ego's son
Drax isn't an alien
Mantis isn't an alien
Rocket Racoon isn't a racoon
Hulk isn't in control
Nick Fury wasn't Black
Ultron wasn't made by Tony
Spider-man's suit wasn't made by Tony
Civil War wasn't a slapfight with zero consequences
MJ isn't Black
Flash isn't Indian

>Civil War wasn't a slapfight with zero consequences
Oh this meme again.
That's a real convenient to detect a faggot.

>direct competition

But it's always been at least a three-way.

Four-way with Sony

The Spider-Man-less Cinematic Universe with Venom, Black Cat, etc. isn't a profit-share agreement right?

>Absolutely gimped Spider-Man in the public's eye turning him from a fun superhero into some cock gobbling annoying ass welfare leeching piece of shit
>Turn Iron Man (MCU's flagship) into his dom.
>Sony now has damaged goods if they try pulling out of the MCU.
Fiege is playing 4d chess.

>Hulk isn't in control
>Nick Fury wasn't Black
You don't read comics

That's an impressive use of sexual slang

Also what's stopping Sony from just casting an new adult Parker for Brock to fight, call it alternate universe and maybe have him team up with Holland later? Disney veto?

Presumably it had something to do with Objectivist parents.

It will burst but not anytime soon.

I wonder who will be responsible for the final nail in the coffin tho, probably a relaunch of Iron Man without RDJ.

Bubble already burst. It burst on DC,with Justice League.

It's all about perspective. The MCU is bigger and more popular than Sony's verse. People are never going to disassociate him with being Stark's bitch.
>implying he's not Tony's gimp

He's right on the Nick Fury, the original was white, the black one came with Ultimate Marvel and then that retarded storyline of Fury's black son that ended up losing an eye and had to shave and started to call himself nick fury for the sake of having a black nick fury on comics as well.

>Stark's bitch.
>Tony's gimp
Terms used by faggots who never even watched the damn movies.

>It's all the critics.
FTFY.

I think it's you who hasn't watched the movie. He's a jack off who ruins every movie he's in.

Yeah that definitely confirms both not seeing the movies and you being a gigantic faggot.

Literally not a single good movie in the entire franchise.

You're not seriously trying to say that he didn't shit up Civil War. That would be a foolish statement.

It looks stronger than ever now. It ain't going away.

You already proved you're a fag.
Stop trying to go the extra mile.

Everything about this post was nonsense until
>Now compare this to DC and X-Men, who's lows are worse than any MCU movie. Why? Because they have further to fall. Because they actually aim high, and their best are the best of the genre and in some cases even transcend it.

With that you have a point. Fox and DC gave us TDK, BB, DoFP, and Logan. Raimi gave us Spiderman 1 and 2. Really the best capeshit moves are out of the MCU. The only movie that comes close to those is Winter Soldier.

But then again, DC also gave us the entire fucking DCEU sans Wonder Woman and some clips from MoS, and Raimi gave us S3, Webb gave us TASM, Nolan gave us TDKR, which are all miles worse than anything from the MCU (except maybe the Iron Man sequels, jesus fuck)

So you think a cheap cgi rubber looking shithead stuttering about how much he wants Tony to fuck him improved Civil War? He was the worst part of the airport battle, boring choreography and no character to speak of. His introduction as Peter Parker was even worse and broke the flow of the story.
He's a shitter.

>winter soldier is in the 80's
>First Avenger dam near in the 70's
>Ant-Man is low 80's

lol RT

>Nolan gave us TDKR
OK you and this meme can go fuck off.
Rises was Awesome.

I know, but please don't say that too loudly.

Not him but you fuck off, it was shit

>One of the things nearly everyone loved about Civil War made the movie worse

You are just digging yourself deeper, actually watch the movie and stop being a cunt.

all live-action is bad and Sup Forums needs to leave

>Star-Lord isn't Ego's son
Which, considering how his father in the comics is (thanks Bendis), I'd say that was a better deal. Plus, it explains a lot of shit that happened in GotG1 in a better way, considering how long he was able to hold the power stone/gem.
>Drax isn't an alien
And he also originally wasn't as open or as important as he was after Infinity Gauntlet.
>Mantis isn't an alien.
But the movie didn't touch at her origin, we just know she helped Ego, was it ever said she was from another planet that wasn't Earth?
>Rocket Raccoon isn't a racoon.
He never was, didn't you watch GotG1? He got experimented on.
>Hulk isn't in control
This one issue goes as back as the Hulk's whole personas issue
>Nick Fury wasn't black.
Ultimate says otherwise.
>Spider-man's suit wasn't made by Tony
In Civil War it was, and besides, you can't tell me the homemade suit wasn't the shit.
>Civil War wasn't a slapfight with zero consequences
So you never watched the movie, got it.
>MJ isn't Black.
So you never watched the movie AND besides MJ doesn't appear until after Peter knows Gwen.
>Flash isn't Indian.
That's Sony's issue, not Marvel.

Actually, watch the damn thing you're discussing and form your own opinion instead of parroting what Sup Forums and Sup Forums fags repost each time they want to shitpost, maggle.

>the black one came with Ultimate Marvel
Considering they draw a lot from the Ultimate universe...

I watched the movie. That's how I know that he's like a fucking boil on an otherwise entertaining film. Maybe you should stop reading wiki summaries for movies and stop parroting memes.

not him, but homemade suit was shitty.

>Maybe you should stop reading wiki summaries for movies and stop parroting memes
Oh so that's what you've been doing great way to expose yourself.

Last super hero movie I saw was avengers. Fuck this capeshit

>using the "I'm rubber and you're glue" response.
Come on now. Spider-boy was terrible. What did he do that was good? I've given reasons why he sucks cocks, but you haven't said anything good about him. And there's a reason. There is nothing good about him.

That'd be my guess. Or maybe if a good portion of the original MCU Avengers crew dies/retires after Avengers 4

>I've given reasons why he sucks cocks,
No all you've been doing is saying he sucks, that's all you've done and you've been acting like just because you say it means it's true.

>he interrupts the flow of the story
>he is a very shallow character
>he has the worst choreography in the movie.
>he looks like rubber because of bad cgi
>he gives a very wooden performance.
The reasons, again. Since you missed them the first time.

Holland and Cumberbatch might be able to carry it a bit further if that was the case (and I assume we are getting a Guardians 3 which will reignite interest). It would be the beginning of the end though

>people still think it'll end and they won't just recast and continue until it becomes unprofitable

so naive so trusting

How? This is complete bullshit
>>he is a very shallow character
Again how?
>>he has the worst choreography in the movie.
OK that's just a flat out lie
>>he looks like rubber because of bad cgi
The suit isn't even CGI you fucking moron
>>he gives a very wooden performance.
Again another flat out lie.
You're just saying shit and acting like it's true.

Wait, are you guys implying the MCU will pop after Infinity War?

Wasn't Disney just threatening to swallow Fox whole a few weeks back

There is a difference between what this place sees it as and the general population.

>Any day now.
Redlettermedia has been saying this since 2015, and look around.

shit, Cracked has been saying this since TDKR

>How? This is complete bullshit
His introduction comes out of nowhere with no warning whatsoever. The movie is setting up for a climactic showdown between comrades and all of the tension comes to a grinding halt for his Disney channel antics.
>Again how?
He's just a squeaky kid whose out of his league and only exists to be a prop for everyone else to beat up. He doesn't add anything. He could at least add a different perspective of an outsider looking into the conflict except he's so brainwashed he doesn't even consider Cap's position despite his whole "huge fan" spiel, (again wasting time).
>OK that's just a flat out lie
Watch the fight again. He doesn't even do anything all that impressive. The action stops every time he does something because he just has to say something and otherwise he's just swinging around and being used like a ragdoll.
>The suit isn't even CGI you fucking moron
They touched it up with CGI in post and it makes him look like a rubber man not spider man
>Again another flat out lie.
>M-m-m-ister Stark is a part of most of his lines
>somehow this is compelling.
>he is always doing an annoying whisper kind of voice
Sorry but Holland can't deliver his quips or his lines well.
Once again, He's the worst part of Civil War.

Not pop but I think it will start declining in the Box Office. If Disney does get X-Men, FF, etc rights back from Fox it might be a different story though.

>His introduction comes out of nowhere with no warning whatsoever. movie is setting up for a climactic showdown between comrades and all of the tension comes to a grinding halt for his Disney channel antics.

"Disney Channel Antics" as if you couldn't make yourself look even more like a faggot all that happens in his introduction is that he and Tony talk for a while

>He's just a squeaky kid whose out of his league and only exists to be a prop for everyone else to beat up.

Again what? Did you watch the damn movie? He spent most his time beating up Falcon and Bucky, the only time he got beat up was against Cap and god damn Giant Man.

>He doesn't add anything. He could at least add a different perspective of an outsider looking into the conflict except he's so brainwashed he doesn't even consider Cap's position despite his whole "huge fan" spiel, (again wasting time).
Did you even watching movie as far as Peter knew Cap was helping an international criminal, and Cap never gave him any reason to think otherwise.

>Watch the fight again. He doesn't even do anything all that impressive.

So you missed the part where was kicking Falcon and Bucky's asses by himself?

>The action stops every time he does something because he just has to say something and otherwise he's just swinging around and being used like a ragdoll.

Now you're just lying the action never stops when he talks.

>They touched it up with CGI in post and it makes him look like a rubber man not spider man

Keep saying "Rubberman" it doesn't make you at all right.

>>somehow this is compelling.
>>he is always doing an annoying whisper kind of voice
>Sorry but Holland can't deliver his quips or his lines well.

All of this just complete bullshit, you just don't like Holland, so how about you admit that and stop being a faggot about it?

>Once again, He's the worst part of Civil War.

Once again you're projecting, he was one things people loved most about the movie.

Are you fucking kidding? Sup Forums doesn't want capeshit, it seriously needs it's own fucking board

Not that user, but
You're a cockgobbler, but you're right. From "Left Hand Free" to "go home" Civil War turns into an entirely different film
>he is a very shallow character
Not really, even with what little time he's given they flesh him out enough to actually be Peter Parker. Hell, that brief time was a better Peter than any of the TASM fioms had.
>he has the worst choreography in the movie.
That award goes to Hawkeye
>he looks like rubber because of bad cgi
Agree
>he gives a very wooden performance.
Disagree, I found Holland to be very charasmatic.

A /cape/ board would be nice. I get how Sup Forums is supposed to be western Sup Forums with comics = manga and cartoons = anime but a /cape/ would work much better. Chances of that happening are slim to none though

>you and this meme can fuck off
>formal rebuttal is the biggest meme movie of the decade

I like how you immediately took some random internet stranger's word and ran with it.

How absolutely fucking retarded are you?

So the average Marvel flick makes around 850 million?
Well, thats basically the same the DCEU movies do.

On half the budget.
Spidey and Thor both cost 180mil each.
And for a third reboot within a decade and a third in a series.
GotG didn't do quite so hot, but with triple the budget back it was still very profitable.
Now JL was the big one coming for DC, so with mediocre opinions on it and underwhelming box office, it looks a ton worse for the immense budget it had.