Why do people say he sucks? I think he's a breath of fresh air among all the super scientists, would be dictators...

Why do people say he sucks? I think he's a breath of fresh air among all the super scientists, would be dictators, and badguys "who have a point" or any combination of those things. Sure, he would get old quick if he was around all the time but I see absolutely no issue with his characterization as just being a rotten sadist who loves hurting people. No "relatable" tragic crap, no goals of ruling or making a better tomorrow in some villainous way, just a sick fuck.

He's the Shadow the Hedgehog of comic book villains.

I don't know much about Carnage besides what I learned from the 90s SM show, but I agree with you. Sometimes a hero coming to grips with an evil force that is totally malignant and unsympathetic can be compelling

The only problem with him is being a popular comic villain makes him immortal, and once villains reach a certain level of danger and inclination to murder, their continued existence actively erodes suspension of disbelief or at least the ability to believe in the heroes and think they're good, which I'm not a fan of, at least when it comes to this method.

Listen, all you fools.

Dont you know that carnage rules?

Robbie sure knows.

I cant find the quote but in the first carnage tpb david michillene said that they were considering making carnage technicolor to emphazise his chaotic state of mind before they settled on blood red.

I kind of wishe i could see that in at least one comic

I have nothing against pure evil villains when they're written well or at least entertaining but Carnage just seems boring on every front to me.

The most interesting thing Carnage ever did was grab Mangaverse Captain America's boob.

Carnage has no real motivation beyond "damn he crazy XD". He's one-dimensional and barely a character, which is why he barely works as an antagonist and why books like the recent Carnage mini focused on the people who fought against him.
Deadpool of all people called his dumbass "I live for chaos" bluff on that mini.

>a breath of fresh air
People like you who say this tired phrase clearly don't understand what constitutes good writing.

>Carnage has no real motivation beyond "damn he crazy XD".

But that's kind of the point I think, there is no grand motivation....he's just a piece of shit. I personally get tired of every villain having a side that appeals to the bleeding hearts or "makes sense" in any way, I also tire of every villain needing to be some kind of allegory of alternative "justice". Carnage works because he is simply a bad person, you know, like in real life in most cases. Some people just like to be assholes and take pleasure in the suffering of others, I feel like people find Carnage unrealistic when he's the most realistic villain of them all.

No that would be Venom. Carnage is Mephiles without the time hax.

That's Joker.

Yeah, name a villain who's backstory has "good writing". None of them do, they're just mouthpieces for the writer, being pretentious doesn't make you a good writer. Capeshit fans are also easily impressed by the slightest hint of intellectualism.

Yeah. Especially once he got flown into space and ripped in half by The Sentry, and survived. Kinda cool the way he survived, but very hard to buy. The symbiote should've just been the one to survive and it actively seeks out psychotic killers like Cletus. They bonded so well that Cletus' psyche was present in the Symbiote. Now you have your immortal evil that can transfer from person to person.

>being a popular comic villain makes him immortal
He was dead for a good while before retcons. Really this problem applies to comic characters in general regardless of alignment. Consequences don't mean shit in comics because nobody stays dead because it's easier to write a pre-existing character than it is to make a new character using a legacy identity.

>name a villain who's backstory has "good writing"

Go kill yourself.

Lex, along with Magneto and Doom, are prime examples of rubes being impressed by the slightest hint of intellectualism. It's not smart to make a villain have a reason to hate the hero or stand against what they do, a chimp could do it, hell you could do it to Carnage if you wanted to in about five seconds. But the beauty of Carnage is he doesn't give a flying fuck about Spider-Man to begin with, that's what sets him apart.

And here OP reveals himself to be a total faggot. Not surprised, since he likes a trash character like Carnage.

Bullshit he was at his best as Carnage-man

>It's not smart to make a villain have a reason to hate the hero or stand against what they do

>Magneto a prime example

I found the flaw in your logic. Magneto doesn't hate Xavier. He just wishes his old friend would stop getting in his way of normie genocide.

Also you have to be 18 to post on Sup Forums.

That's the biggest problem with Carnage, he's Joker tier. The fact that a mass serial killer wearing an alien monster can keep killing hundreds every time he gets out in a universe where half the heroes would kill him without a thought is bullshit. The best thing they did with him is turn him into a hero and turn him into a lovecraft monster. When they move beyond "kill everyone" he has potential.

I'm not the one pretending comic storylines are any more involved than pro wrestling. Enjoy what you like, but don't pretend it's high art, it's embarrassing.

Magneto in recent years has often been painted as the stereotypical Malcom X character, which leads some idiots to believe his relationship to Charles' Luther King is somehow cerebral, when it's the most basic storytelling you could ever do.

>Bitches about villains that aren't one-dimensional serial killers getting more attention than his edgy idol

>"Hurr camics aint aht! Turn ya brain off and ingest slahp!"

Edgy, hypocritical, and a fucking tool. Clearly you're underaged and need to be reported to mods.

You know what's really embarrassing? Your cringeworthy posts. Kill yourself already.

>Edgy, hypocritical, and a fucking tool. Clearly you're underaged and need to be reported to mods.
Defensive, had a nerve stricken, and a complete child. Clearly you're triggered and need to be laughed at by everyone over the age of 22.

I don't see a rebuttal, I just see a virgin being really mad that I called out his very existence. Comics aren't deep, you'll realize that one day when you maybe read an actual book you fucking sperg. But until then, keep thinking X-Men is like a super intellectual social commentary, the rest of the world will continue to laugh at you like they always have. I will however continue to read comics and know it's bullshit for kids.

>le carnage man
>so randumb
>rawr XD!!!!111!
Deadpool fan detected

>he thinks pretentious nonsense and putting words in people's mouths is something worth a rebuttal or even an argument in the first place
The only "rebuttal" you deserve is a good smack across the face for being a retarded jackass, but it's internet so we can't do that here unfortunately.

Mongrels.

But I like Shadow

Some villains are just bad and crazy. There are serial killers in the real world who aren't motivated by anything but desire so obviously it's believable. It would be less realistic if there weren't any villains like Carnage.

>laughed at by everyone over the age of 22.

Ok, user. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

In Carnage's defense, he's use sparingly and they actually fucking acknowledge that he needs to be put down along with the fact that Carnage is nearly impossible to kill, which explains why Spider-Man doesn't do it himself and why Venom try as he might, can't actually carry out killing him.

I would tend to agree.

Prove it, with pictorial evidence.

>when he's the most realistic villain of them all
Except he isn't, dumbass. He's a shitty one-note character that isn't even close to being anything like real serial killers and there are thousands of much better interpretations.
The fact that you think otherwise is a sign that you're a total fucking moron with a boner for a shitty character.
Of course judging by shitty posts like
>HOW DARE YOU WANT ANYTHING RESEMBLING ACTUALLY BELIEVABLE CHARACTERS WAHH ALL SHOULD BE SHIT CUZ I SAID SO IF U DISAGREE U THINK COMICS R HIGH ART WAHH
Just fuck off, faggot. Oh, and James Gordon Jr. shits on your joke of a villain in terms of realism, actual character and menace.

>realistic = good
What a disgusting belief.

Wow you're really mad. I can almost smell your estrogen, but ok I'll attempt to respond to your idiocy.

>He's a shitty one-note character that isn't even close to being anything like real serial killers
How would you know? You clearly know nothing about serial killers.
> there are thousands of much better interpretations.
Name a thousand. Reactionary dunce.

>>HOW DARE YOU WANT ANYTHING RESEMBLING ACTUALLY BELIEVABLE CHARACTERS WAHH ALL SHOULD BE SHIT CUZ I SAID SO IF U DISAGREE U THINK COMICS R HIGH ART WAHH
What...you really are fucking stupid if you think anything in comic books IS "high art", kill yourself you fucking manchild.

>HURR DURR U MAD XD
Anger is an appropriate response born from interacting with braindead wastes of flesh like you. Well, more appropriate response would be to bash your dumb skull in so the world would be a better place, but as I already said it hardly can be done on the internet.
>You clearly know nothing about serial killers.
Oh, look. Your retarded ass shits out yet another moronic assumption, not surprised since it's all of your "arguments"
>Name a thousand
How about you educate yourself instead, you pea-brained bellend? We both know you don't want an honest answer and just want to shitpost.
>What...you really are fucking stupid if you think anything in comic books IS "high art",
Holy shit. You're either the dumbest motherfucker I have ever seen in my life or the shittiest troll I have ever seen. Either way I'd much prefer if you kill yourself instead. Kill your moronic relatives too, your genes are not good for humanity,