How could you make Pepe Le Pew work in a reboot in the current political climate

How could you make Pepe Le Pew work in a reboot in the current political climate

You wouldn't. You'd just have to change his whole character to the point where he wouldn't even act the same. Like when they changed Speedy's personality in that recent crap from a few years ago.

Make him a muslim.

Make him a republican

Make him a refugee, pepe le pew is funny.

Have him be female. No issues.

It'd have to be a Johnny Bravo situation where Pepe's the one constantly put in harm's way.

Exact the same, except an Alabama accent.

by posting it in /trash/ where it belongs.

The whole point of parody is that it's making a joke of some societal taboo. In Pepe's case, a romantic, taken to an extreme.. Ergo you wouldn't need to change him.

Hold the mirror up to the ugly truth, so the rest of us can laugh at it.

Eet could work, mon cheri.

Didn't Pepe mostly romanticize over other men by mistake? I thought that was the joke.

You forgot about one thing: The social justice warriors don't have a sense of humor and since they're all autistic - and as such, are all literal-minded - they do not have the ability to detect sarcasm or satire.

Wouldn't that qualify as a handicap then?

Make Penelope a tease who gets off on Pepe's uncontrollable lust.

Turns out, handicapped folk have the most free time to spend causing problems on social media outlets.

No, the whole point of Pepe is making fun of people with poor personal hygiene. He thinks of himself as a lady's man, but he's got such horrible BO that he drives all of them away.

He's basically Sup Forums, but with an accent.

I feel like you could do a really sweet episode of Drawn Together where he gets a taste of his own medecine after Toot starts hitting on him. Be a nice way to subvert the character, and have a vaguely pro-feminist message to it, which would probably be more appealing to female viewers today.

This could work. And women could not refuse or they would be branded islamophobic.

Change it so females chase HIM without consent, and he's committed...and his girlfriend beats the ass of every other woman..

My god you're right, I forgot the whole "French don't bathe" thing the old school WB staff was making fun of. That and the French actors of the day. Thank you for reminding me. :)

Don't really agree with the muslim things ,sounds like overkill.

As for the panda rape carry on, have an episode where they go to the zoo to visit a panda that's in danger of never reproducing, then Toot falls into the cage. At first it seems like the panda's gonna rape her, then she turns the tables, and it just evolves into a typcial husband and wife scenario like something you'd see in the Flintstones. Meanwhile, everyone else just has some crazy adventures with the other animals.

Double down and make him go after a human woman. Have characters meet him in prison for sexual assault where he keeps a harem of prison bitches.

even.
rapey-er.

If we're talking in Drawn Together terms, I would have Foxxy be the bad ass tough girl. Like she goes all Kill Bill in that one episode, but they'd have to come up with some plots that grant her the opportunity to kick ass. Could easily be done, solving mysteries is gonna force you to fall in with a rough crowd sooner or later. She could team up with captain Hero and they could have a bit of a Lethal Weapon dynamic.