Smoking is actually GOOD. Smokers just want to be left alone, guys. What the fuck is second hand smoke? kek

>Smoking is actually GOOD. Smokers just want to be left alone, guys. What the fuck is second hand smoke? kek

Is this the literal worst episode of South Park?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=effects of second hand smoke
southpark.cc.com/clips/05t50a/creator-commentary-butt-out
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The point was that everyone is already aware that cigarettes are bad for you, is just that some people don't care, and its their right to smoke if they want to.

It was dumb, but not as dumb as the one that doesn't understand how Alcoholics Anonymous works.

I'd say the three or so "global warming isn't real" episodes have aged pretty badly. Especially when one of the kids says something to the effect of "my Dad is a scientist and says global warming is a hoax". Brilliant Trey.

>its their right to smoke if they want to.

not when second hand smoke is a thing, moron

Weren't they also for the Iraq War and against Stem Cell research?

I dunno, I thought it portrayed fairly well that smokers are just regular people too and that "good people" like the anti-smokers could be horrible fuckers as well.

But they painted it black and white instead of having mixed sides in both parties. It's South Park though, why are you looking for deepness?

will there ever be a smoking alternative that doesn't fuck up my lungs

Well luckily people don't have to deal with that like they used to, not to mention smoking is at an all time low.

I hope it kills you quicker, you pussy. Jesus Christ you puritan fucks are annoying.

Not smoking is an alternative to smoking.

then stop breathing

that stopped being a valid complaint when most businesses did away with smoking sections and forced smokers to go outside.

what are you worried about catching second hand smoke in a bar while you drink alcohol and risk venereal disease?

Enjoy your lung cancer.

t. Person with asthma that has to walk past your cloud of bullshit every day at the busstop

but it's not a thing.

>wh-why won't you just let me smoke my cancer sticks in crowded areas? I-it's not fair that I get looked down on for not only ruining my own health but the health of everyone around me. Y-Y-You're all just no fun puritans!

All smoke will fuck up your lungs in some way, but weed is probably what you're looking for. Still getting that smoke, just with way less chemicals

maybe, but i dig the song. Was catchy as fuck

>The town jackass said something dumb.
Course that might've been when his hijinx weren't a pillar of the show.

I feel like the went back and forth between Kenny Dies and Krazy Kripples. Seem to have opinions for both sides.

People will look down at you if you fart in a public place so why shouldn't you be shamed for making the area you're filled with the awful smell of smoke.

Second hand smoke is definitely a thing, but now that it's been banned indoors it really isn't that big a deal anymore. If you're around a smoker outside, the second hand smoke won't be enough to cause any harm unless they're literally blowing it into your face. Just take a step away and you're fine.

Unless you have really bad asthma, then it could fuck you up. But that's equivalent to someone with a peanut allergy bitching about people eating peanuts around them.

>Who wants to be 90 anyway

This. Smokers are pathetic pussies too weak to quit paying big businesses for the only good thing in their lives they can get. They whine about others looking down on them for putting their own temporary pleasure above the wellbeing of others and being literal fucking drug addicts.

They're literally worse than vapers in every way, and I say that as someone who fucking hates vape.

It wasn't even the town jackass, it was Craig or someone talking to the environmentalists and said global warming was fake so the environmentalists chased him off by handwaving his "concerns" (my Dad said so!!) away.

Do you want to be 90? Frankly that sounds awful, 75 has a nice ring to it to me.

But we're not arguing the health of the smoker here, we're talking about second hand smoke. My point is if you're outside the smoke is so dispersed that it really won't have any harmful affects on a non-smoker.

It's my right to shoot my guns too but I don't do it in public and then pretend people who complain are just being mean.

Cigarettes are literally one of the most lethal, legal things ever. You don't even have to smoke the damn things for them to kill you, but I'm a puritan fuck for not being okay with your bad habits?

Oh yeah I remember now. I also recall them having the TERKOURJOBS guy say something to the effect of "Even if global warming were real, which all proven data says it isn't".

I wonder how Trey feels about the flat Earth theory.

God, do you? Have you actually been around a 90 year old person?

I just don't want my taxes taken out to pay for your lung cancer treatment. So can you just kindly die in the corner?

Yes, we need that tax money to pay for 40$ breakfasts for the poor starving politicians, or that guy who stubbed his toe and is now claiming disability.

At least he didn't stub his fucking toe on purpose despite years of science literally telling him how bad it is for him because "it makes him feel better about his life".

Fun fact, I work for the government, part of the Affordable Care Act Marketplace signing people up for health insurance all day.

There's one question there on the application asking if you've used Tobacco at all in the last 6 months regularly, if you say yes to that question, I've seen peoples insurance base prices go up 200-300 dollars a month, or so just because someone smokes tobacco. So on average these peoples insurance costs are going up 2400 or so dollars a year entirely because they smoke cigarettes, ontop of the already highly taxed tobacco products themselves.

Now in most cases the consumer gets advance payments of the premium tax credit that helps deal with part of that increase premium hike, but the tax credit doesn't always cover it and I'm seeing people who would be paying 0 dollars for their health insurance with the marketplace assistance paying 200 a month towards insurance because they smoke.

Other cases I see bullshit of someone saying "Oh we quit smoking regularly 5 and a half months ago" but if I sign them up for insurance now they'll still be charged that increased premium for the full year even if 2 weeks into the year they'd have been able to answer yes to that question.

Anyways Tl;Dr, taxpayers money helps pay off increased premiums caused by smoking to insurance companies, and if you smoke odds are you'll end up paying 200 dollars more for health insurance. It's ridiculous.

I thought the point of the episode was that people that constantly whine about smokers and act like moral busybodies about smoking are a million times more obnoxious than a smoker will ever hope to be.

Not lethal enough in my opinion. Takes way too long.

In "My Future Friend 'n' Me", they had "mega-liberals" say that second-hand smoke isn't a problem, and the idea that it is was one big lie they made up. I still have no idea how they never caught any shit over that.

A bullet to the head won't fuck up your lungs and you'd be doing the world a favor.

>What the fuck is second hand smoke?
Wasn't that proved to not be connected to cancer

There is no conclusive link between second hand smoking and ill effects.
And if did, traffic in major cities would do just as much, if not more, damage, so should we tell drivers to stop as well?
So fuck off with trying to tell people what they can and can't do when it just affects them and nobody else.

lmgtfy.com/?q=effects of second hand smoke

>a million times more obnoxious than a smoker will ever hope to be.
Work in a drugstore that sells cigarettes, you'll find out just how wrong you are. The only solace is that they will die smelling like ash.

South Park is a Libertarian show just get over it statist

>are a million times more obnoxious than a smoker will ever hope to be.
every heavy smoker I have met in my life has been a giant bitch that will never shut the fuck up about something to bitch about. Anti smoking shit only gets annoying when there is a smoker in the room, get rid of that and they are normal people, get cigs away from the heavy smoker and you have a 2 year old that will be insufferable till they get their next hit.

How much coffee do you drink a day? Caffeine is the drug that most people are addicted to. Can you imagine the ass pain if we started asking the government to go full retard on caffeine like they did on nicotine?

>how DARE we have law enforcement or a military? Why can't we just privatize everything already?

Do everyone and yourself a favor and just smoke the end of a shotgun instead.
You're just killing yourself anyway.

second hand smoke is bad because it smells like fucking shit and the only people who want to walk through disgusting clouds of shit-smell everywhere they go are smokers because they associate it with the nicotine hit

The effects are statistically insignificant, but anti-smokers fudge the numbers all the time, like that old EPA study that blatantly fucking lied to people and yet is still cited today.

Compared to a .02% incidence of lung cancer, a .06% incidence is "300% more deadly", but it's completely and utterly fucking insignificant.

not this thread again

My rights don't end where your sensitive little baby nostrils begin.

Pipe > Cigar > Hookah >> Vapor >>> Cigarettes >>>>> Snuff/Snus/Dip

>drinking caffeine to wake up

What kind of pussy do you think I am?

It's their aimless contrarianism and cynasism showing. They are going against the grain so they must be smart.

Your rights ended the moment you jammed a tobacco dick in your mouth.

Smoking isn't a right, you dingdong.
Are all smokers this delusional?

Caffeine doesn't effect anyone else while you are drinking it. You won't stain everything with it's smell by consuming it. Short of perhaps the mug nothing is ruin while drinking it.

It's a piss-poor comparison to smoking.

Short answer: Yes
Long answer: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssss

>Oh yes big daddy tobacco fuck my boypussy harder

Come and take them.

Tell that to the private business owners who aren't allowed to decide whether or not people can smoke in their establishments anymore.

Yes because caffeine is known to literally kill its consumers and those around it. It sure is exactly the same thing you fucking moron.

What? No it isn't, it's three times as many people. If you want to talk about statistical significance, come back with P values and confidence intervals, cuck

Take what? The tobacco dick out of your mouth? It's covered in your ashy slobber. No thanks.

>I have the right to poison everyone around me

Epic troll

>sensitive little baby nostrils
i'm sorry you've lost your sense of smell, user.

Difference being caffeine doesn't significantly shorten your life span or outright destroy your body
It also tends to not smell like burning garbage

You argue like a child on the playground.

No need. Le fedora guy already did it. Look him up.

>secondhand smoke is poison
And you say I'M the brainwashed one... Yeah, it stinks, but fucking deal with it. I have to deal with shit I don't like every day, like whiny bitch babies who think they can live my life for me.

I know, these threads whining about smoking are almost as annoying as actual anti-smoking commercials.

It's cute that you think cancer will just wait until you're that old.

>private business owners who aren't allowed to decide whether or not people can smoke in their establishments anymore.
When what one customer is doing causes another to become ill (and a drain on the economy) suddenly things change.
Don't argue against passive smoking, that shit was over in the 90s forever.

>I'm an edgy adult that smokes because that's what adults do
Hurry up and get cancer and die already.

>What the fuck is second hand smoke
Something completely overblown. Nobody ever got cancer solely from second hand smoke, and seeing fat people ruins my day just as much as people breathing in a little cigarette smoke. Plus marijuana second hand smoke is worse because it can actually make people fail drug tests for work

Well, technically, he doesn't. No Smoking areas literally limit his right to do so. I used to work in a place where you were not literally allowed to do so unless you walked out into a small lot off-property.

Watch that edge, big guy.
Did you literally just turn 18 five months ago? Because you sure sound like it

>smoking has definitively poor effects on the smoker's health
>somehow the exact same smoke being inhaled by passers-by does not affect them

smokers pls

>that shit was over in the 90s forever
The EPA lied. Flat out, blatant goddamn lied, and you dipshits still eat it up because it agrees with your bias.

It is not the smoking itself that is right, but more that someone has the liberty to do so, even if it is inherently unhealthy. I for one am not keen on adding more things to the list of "shit I can't legally do." We already have the bases covered with murder, treason, theft, and all manner of other rigmarole that directly harms others in an over way.

>My point is if you're outside the smoke is so dispersed that
>making people have to talk you down off the bro-science ledge

Wow. Smokers can't argue worth shit. I wish I could say I'm surprised.

I can remember back in my highschool, all the smokers would immediately stop to smoke as soon as they would exit the building, so it was impossible to avoid them when leaving.

Man I hated that episode

>people can smoke cigarettes till they literally cant breath any more
>pot heads are bad mkay

>this fucken babby
i lived in the 70s when people smoked in offices
go fight the EPA and then talk to some doctors about smoking.
nobody cared about passive smoking until it affected profits and productivity, you're a protected kiddy who wants to talk shit at the other end of the issue.
>probably objects to fucken seatbelts as well because muh dumb fat freedom

At least the smoke is poisoning his brain, what's your excuse for being such a moron?

Second hand smoke? Or are you under the impression that it's a myth?

>nobody cared about passive smoking until it affected profits and productivity
Bullshit. The instigators behind the idea of "passive smoking" are the same kind of nosy busybodies behind Prohibition, the ones who don't like thing and thus want to restrict everyone else from doing thing. And just like Prohibition, they relied on false, misleading data and appeals to emotion. The same tactics, all the time, every time, round and round ad infinitum.

I bet half the idiots in this thread smoke pot and pretend it's harmless.

You have to understand that South Park is frequently a contrarian show. When the mainstream starts blindly accepting a particular stance, even if it's mostly correct, they like to challenge it and present the other side. Tobacco has been so demonized by culture that they decided to play devil's advocate and depict the tobacco industry in a way that no-one else would ever consider doing.

The same thing goes for stem cell research. The "correct" stance in the media was that you have to praise stem cell research and condemn anyone with ethical concerns about it. So South Park did the shocking and contrarian thing and presented an extreme version of the other side of the argument that no-one else in the media would want to show, which is Christopher Reeve sucking the stem cells out of fetuses to get stronger. A few years later, the stem cell debate became a non issue, and yet there are still people on the far left who are butthurt over it.

The thing about South Park is that you don't just take the episodes at face value. There is usually some deeper cultural criticism behind the main story.

Wouldn't be an issue if marijuana wasn't largely illegal
The tobacco jew has a stranglehold

>b-but it raises your blood pressure and it can kill you if you already suffer heart problems!!!!!
yet everyone on my family drinks/drank coffee and the absolute fucking most one of them got was a doctor warning to merely CUT DOWN coffee dosage.
meanwhile everyone on my family born pre-50s who smoked either died from it or developed lung cancer

i never met my 2 grandfathers because of this shitty industry

Pot, like sex and beer, is extremely overrated

how about you fill us in on how it's harmful

It's odd to me that getting a car is so much easier than getting a gun.

>about 40,000 deaths by car accident in USA in 2016
>about 33,000 gun deaths, 20,000 of which were suicides
>40,000 car deaths vs 13,000 malicious or accidental gun deaths

Unfortunately, unlike sex or beer, it's still illegal in most states, despite being significantly less dangerous than prescription opioids, which are legal pretty much everywhere.

Whether or not you like it or approve is completely irrelevant. The question is whether or not it should be legal.

They probably didn't want to meet their pussy grandson, so it worked in their favor.

southpark.cc.com/clips/05t50a/creator-commentary-butt-out

Always brings more perspective to the episode. They don't think kids should be smoking, but this idea that people like Rob Reiner (whose work they really love,) go running to the government every time they don't like something (of course him being obese and telling people about their health is brought up.) And it's not a matter of second hand smoke, so much as banning smoking entirely i.e. "I want to have a smoking bar, and let smokers come in my bar, and have big signs that say 'This is a Smoking Bar, Do Not Come In This Bar If You Don't Like Smoking' ... why can't I do that?"

Remember they grew up in Colorado around working class people, many of whom are really like that guy at the bar who works a 12 hour shift and enjoys a cigarette to take the edge off. The same way a lot of us might use coffee or soda or alcohol or even weed.

lmfao

I hope for your sake you're just baiting and not retarded.

>gottem!

inb4 reefer madness

all smoke is bad for you, even pot smoke. although pot heads do smoke an awful lot, im not really sure if pot smoke builds up tar the same way.