Did marvel pretty much ruined any chances of Squirrelgirl getting mainstream popularity...

Did marvel pretty much ruined any chances of Squirrelgirl getting mainstream popularity? The Situation with squirrelgirl is almost as bad as the public backglash against the Inhumans replacing the X-men. They tried to make her a female Deadpool. When DC Had more success turning Harley Quinn into a female Deadpool around the same time.

>female Deadpool.

I wouldn't say female deadpool. More like a cartoon character in the Marvel universe. Or a gag hero.

Im curious about this panel. While im familiar with the general disposition of marvel fans toward squirrel girl, i don't understand why she's lecturing the cosmic entity Galactus on gender pronouns.

Is squirrel girl commonly a hyper aggressive progressive character? What does her trying to lecture a god bring to the story?

it makes her more progressive that way tumblr has a higher chance of buying her comics but tumblr doesn't buy comics so all it does is make her look retarded

The art style doesn't help. This another question ive had- when it comes to intentionally having unconventional art, is it because the artist drawing is very passionate about the project and pushed to work on it? Or is there a rotation of artists that move from project to project

They've been pandering for a while now. Surely the sales numbers show that this angle of seeking the tumblr audience isn't paying off?

At least she'll be attractive in the live action show.

This has to be a fucking edit. Have things really gotten this bad?

>Sup Forums is still crying about it
>on the internet

Let the furry die off and be forgotten.

>implying those tits won't be problematic

This is probably what will define her mainstream popularity. A shit comic's effect can easily be avoided.

Long story short. Squrriel girl was far more upset about missgendeirng than galactic scale genocide

That's really the only thing that Sup Forums is good for.

Is this CAD?

It's more sad than funny how often that's said when posting an actually printed, not edited Marvel comic panel.

>Marvel

In one of the newer comics(this style, so I’m guessing these are the same series) she got “#Ironmanplaining” trending because Ironman told her how time travel worked. No reason other than “kids have this thing call mansplanning, let’s mention that!” LOL RANDUM XD!!

Remember that one Thor comic page that included a ham-fisted Gamergate reference that everyone was convinced was an edit because it was even done in that fake-looking impact font and everything?

See the first two Thors. Titty monsters will just be wrapped up extra hard to ensure only the face is recognizable.

She's THICC enough to be considered "plus-size", which is all the rage nowadays. Rest assured that she will appear in all her voluptuous glory to the delight of all the "curvy" girls who for some reason think they come within even light years of looking like her. She's what fat girls like to pretend they are, so she's good with them.

It's neither, artist got hired due to nepotism.

missed a real opportunity not calling him Gablacktus.

Literal cancer. Ugly art, bad dialogue, forced political message.
Who would pay for this with their hard earned money? No wonder they can;t even hit 10k sales.
Good thing they are basically a massive virtue signal for marvel and will remain subsidized, but the character is trash, not only that, she drags down traditional villains that used to be near world beating menaces .

Ryan North got picked up as a flavor of the week and tapped her as the artist he wanted to work with. Then they were given Squirrel Girl because the Gwen Pool team chose GP over SG.

As an artist Erica Henderson is cheap as fuck and doesn't use their typical production line system, so she's cheaper than hiring three artists already. She also said she could keep up with the work flow. But she couldn't and she doesn't, and she's massively full of herself. And a lot of her art is sameface (and they're bad faces).

>She also said she could keep up with the work flow. But she couldn't and she doesn't,

I thought the only thing we was good at was turning pages in on time. But then I don’t read it, so I wouldn’t know if there have been delays.

>we

she, damnit

Holy shit I didn't know she was one of the original Gilded Age artists. The comic is shit but it actually looked better than Squirrel Girl does.

Looks like with actual comic book deadlines her art went downhill even more.

I think that was actually a Loki comic

Whor was on panel, though

"He" is a gender neutral pronoun in most historical texts. It's not a fucking "sexist" gendered thing. Just like when people refer to all of humanity as Mankind or "Man". It's not tied into gender unless specified in the context, it all stemmed from the word Human.

"He" wasn't a pronoun exclusive to men even after "She" became a specialized pronoun for women. It wasn't until recently that people got all bitchy about "He" being a male pronoun.

Ironically Galactus out of fucking everyone in the Marvel Universe would know that shit and I'm furious he didn't school her on that shit.

>could have had a fun girly Squirrel girl comic with an issue featuring Galacta drawn by Gurihiru and we got this instead

So is Squirrel Girl decent in USAvengers?

I can't tell if this is satire or sincere, but either way it's painful.

Why do marvel think shitting on fans will sale books?

>I can't tell if this is satire or sincere, but either way it's painful
It’s marvel. They don’t do satire

It's the art, first and foremost people see some Deviantart-tier shit in a book and are instantly turned off and no not care what the content is.

It not deviant art tier. It tumblr art which is worse

>Did marvel pretty much ruined any chances of Squirrelgirl getting mainstream popularity?
not at all actually, apparently her comic is actually pretty popular with kids(supposedly the TPB's are heavily ordered by libraries for their kids/young adult comics sections), not to mention she is getting a TV show in the near future

also while I'm sure plenty of people will disagree with me on this, but while Erica Henderson is overall terrible at her job, I will admit the new costumes she's given Squirrel Girl are better than her old GLA one, and while she borks up the execution, her drawing Doreen with more of a Samantha Wright style figure instead of one of the more standard ones is actually a pretty good idea

yeah she's fine in there and in it's predecessor New Avengers, indeed she's been handled fine in both writing and art in pretty much every book she's appeared in besides USG

>Is squirrel girl commonly a hyper aggressive progressive character?
As much as any other female you see, if you feel hyperagressed by any mention of anything you consider "progressive".

>What does her trying to lecture a god bring to the story?
A joke.

>Did marvel pretty much ruined any chances of Squirrelgirl getting mainstream popularity?

Nah, more popular heroes have also had their awkward periods, especially during 70's and 90's.

post it

She already had that hype almost 10 years ago. She was basically gwenpool.

is this a dream sequence? Always nice to see Galactus doing mundane things, anyway.

I honestly think it's a joke *about* nit-picking fusses who don't know when to pick their battles and won't shut up about this stuff. It seems to me like Squirrel Girl is the one who's being made out to be absurd in this scene whereas Galactus is just getting down to business.

>not at all actually, apparently her comic is actually pretty popular with kids

According to feminist sites but those are not trustworthy sources in the slightest. Overall the comic does badly and the kid audience is suspect because the comic lacks the stuff boys like about comics, and stuff that girls like about comics. Gay friends and Tumblr-shit is not something little kids like, which is why Disney never touches that shit with their Marvel-merchandise. The art is also too shitty and it doesn't have enough romantic shipping for slightly older girls to like it. Tumblr likes it but Tumblr doesn't buy comic books so their opinion does not count.

Wait, is Milana Vayntrub really going to be squirrel girl? She is the perfect woman and I cannot wait

I thought squirrel teeth were Sqirrel Girls deal, does everyone in that comic have them?

Yep, the AT&T girl will be Doreen.
I'm actually surprised. I thought busty women appearing onscreen was made illegal in 2010.

You say that like she had fans to begin with.

This is from 2 years ago user.

>ethics in hammer wielding
Made sense in context, and was funny too.

Wrong. Back in the 00s she was a cute little internet in-joke who was strongly liked on Sup Forums.
Then the entryist left got hold of her and ruined her like they do everything they get hold of.

Could you "UGH" any harder.

Spoken like a true non-reader.

>she was a cute little internet in-joke
So nothing then.

To exemplify the interior

Did Sup Forums pretty much ruin any chances of Sup Forums's few threads about actual comics being anything but 99% old ass panels that they only found last night but feel a need to sperg out about but didn't get the chance to when they were relevant because they were too busy jacking off to whatever bitch plays Captain America's wife in Avengers 168: This Time It's Epic?

Wait, whats the joke? Squirrelgirl is played serious here, so it has to be that Galactus is an bigot trying to use language as an excuse. If you look at it from that perspective then the last panel's punchline is that Galactus is backpedaling, then its a joke.

So, the comic reads such:
>[Bigot Bigot Bigot]
>[Hey you bigot]
>[Nu-uh alternative facts]
>[Yes you bigot]
>[Waah! I'M GALACTUS!]

I wish Mae Whitman got to play Squirrel Girl...

>shit on liefeld for decades
this is the future you all chose.

>Strip is literally sanctimonious whining
>Accuse other people of crying

There have already been complaints that the actress is too curvy and not plus-sized enough.

this could come in handy

Squirrelgirl used to be good. She used to be great even. An ancient Sup Forums waifu ruined by the ravages of mainstream popularity. We want a Squirrel Girl ongoing we cried! If only we knew then what we know now.

Rather than focus on making a good comic that's funny or entertaining, they focused on making a comic that tumblr would repost panels from.

This is when I dropped her comic. Really wanted to give it a try since I liked her in Great Lake Avengers and just as a character, but she doesn't need a series dedicated to herself, at least not like this. A mini series if anything.

>implying any of you actually read comics

>hyperaggressed

That's doubleplusungoodspeech if I ever saw it.

No one could foresee that Marvel would rip out all that is cute about the character and replace it with a parody of Tumblr played seriously.