Why didn't DC hired Morrison to write Doomsday clock instead of Johns?

Why didn't DC hired Morrison to write Doomsday clock instead of faggot Johns?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/quote-of-the-day-grant-morrison-on-watchmen-2/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Morrison is editor of Heavy Metal and Rebirth is Johns' baby.

Your question is spelled incorrectly.
Revise the interrogative form.

Pretty much this

Because Morrison thinks making a sequel(or prequels) to Watchmen is retarded.

DC hired Johns because Morrison no likes faggot plans.

Morrison has it in his head the perfect revenge against senpai for not noticing him, is not to write Watchmen, but to redo Watchmen with the Charlton characters as the ultimate fuck you to him.

Both Moore and Morrison are incredibly overrated.

All comic book writers are overrated.

Because it wasn't a DC order, this is Johns' baby

Hi

I don't think Morrison has interest in writing Watchmen, maybe due to the contract issues that kept it outside of Moore's control. He didn't write any Before Watchmen and when he wanted to do something like Watchmen, although just for one issue, he wrote Pax Americana, which used the original Charlton characters.

except that in a single interview Moore said the name Morrison 52 times

But Johns is a better writer than Morrison.

Because when Warner ordered that event they knew johns is the bitch they already own. Morrison has artistic integrity, johns doesn't. Morrison wouldn't blame watchmen for modern comics and try to come out with bait like hope for a gimmick. Morrison won't work i continuity anymore since he knows johns only cares about johns.

I was reading Multiversity again in the bath earlier and kept thinking of Watchmen. Atoms mask is very Manhattan, seeing the Doomsday Clock when they first return to save FC Monitor, etc.

>when Warner ordered the event
>implying this isn't all Johns

user, this event was pushed BY Johns, not on him

>Morrison wouldn't blame watchmen for modern comics
I don't think that's the point of Doomsday Clock user

there at least 52 local anons in this thread

I'm not even a Morrison fan, but this is retarded.

>as the ultimate fuck you to him
I doubt Moore even knows about Pax Americana, let alone read it.

Because it was something Johns wanted to do and he has enough pull at DC to get it made?

I can't see Morrison being interested in writing it either.

I don't think Morrison would've been interested in writing a shitty sequel of something Moore did.

They did asked him. Years ago.

cbr.com/quote-of-the-day-grant-morrison-on-watchmen-2/
>[Bobsy:] The bloke in my local comic shop was sure that [Morrison’s upcoming DC miniseries] Multiversity was just a smokescreen and that you were going to be writing a sequel to Watchmen.

>[Morrison:] Yeah?

>[Bobsy:] Yeah.

>[Morrison:] No, they asked me to do that, and I said, “Why would you want a sequel to Watchmen?” [Laughs] No, I mean, c’mon. Watchmen is actually perfect in its construction. I mean, not necessarily in other areas, obviously, but as a story it’s complete, it’s utterly circular, and there’s absolutely no need for anything else in it.

They asked Kevin Smith the same thing, too, and he declined.

>I mean, not necessarily in other areas, obviously
based

>tfw nothing will match those "true order of pax americana" threads
multiversity was fun as it was coming out

Did Morrison just take a stab at Watchmen? It's better than anything he has ever written

Johns is the equivalent to Bendis. He writes what the higher ups want no questions asked. For his loyalty he gets money and his pet projects.

Learn from this Kids:opportunism pays

>I mean, not necessarily in other areas
lol, Morrison is the best

He likes V For Vendetta and Miracleman far more than Watchmen. I think in Watchmen's case he likes its craft but other things he didn't like.

>It's better than anything he has ever written

This is probably true but it's also falling into the "you can't criticize unless you've done something" fallacy though.

HYPERCRISIS

Does morrison really consider moore his sempai?

It's a sweet deal. Do what tou are told and you get to do your pet projects as well.

Tbqh I liked Johns GL

Lots of people did.

Honestly I'd love to see that, everything is the same except it's Charlton charcaters, even get gibbons back to draw it like he did for Snyder, he drew the storyboards for the film and they got it made into a version with updated art

How can anyone be this innocent?
This is a corporate mandated event. Johns is just the hired gun.

Yeah user, it just so happens that Johns had the artistic inspiration to force Watchmen in the DC continuity right when WB greenlights a tv series

Don't be silly user, it's about hope and how watchmen forced johns t write edgy shit.

How would a wb executive, wb consultant, cco, and chief editorial of DC have insider info about the watchmen series! Why would WB hire the same guy that did the last reboot for another suit mandated event?

It's all Johns m8. No one else could had such a brilliant idea.

>Did Morrison just take a stab at Watchmen? It's better than anything he has ever written
"take a stab" He's not stabbing anything, he's just sharing how he feels about a book.

It's like TMZ in here, sometimes.

Did Anonymous just take a stab at Sup Forums?

>52
Really makes you think.

>They asked Kevin Smith the same thing
Holy shit imagine how bad that would have been

Pax was comics kino

Jay and Silent Bob find Rorschach’s journal.

As bad as doomsday clock

You are overrated. Tell me what have you written that have at least earned you $10?

This. I don't think I've ever spent as much time reading and re-reading a single issue of anything.