This was hilarious

This was hilarious.

Agreed, just saw it a few hours ago. Aside from a bit of a rocky start the movie was great. I felt like it had some of the most sincere character moments in the MCU too, like that bit in the elevator.

My one real complaint is that Asgard felt underpopulated as hell. There should have been hundreds of ships evacuating at the end.

Yep. I'm very glad that Thor wasn't putting up with any of Loki's crap. That was one of my concerns before seeing it. And I can't help but feel Tony's rubbed off on him.

>like that bit in the elevator
I appreciate what they were going for but the acting completely ruined that scene. I swear, Hemsworth and Hiddleston didn't give half the shit they did in Thor 1.

Honestly? It was another overrated mediocre movie like homecoming and wonder woman. they even blackwasshed valkyrie to get brown points, all those 3 movies deserved around 70% on rotten tomatoes not over 90%

> One of Marvel's major powerhouse characters
> Literally based on a god from a real world culture's mythology
> A being of great deeds
> cultural value stretching back centuries

> This was hilarious.

Yes we get it, you dont read comics.

Thor is not a quipper in the comics, he's a pretty serious character.

All of Thor's friends died. They were slaughtered and Thor didn't even notice.

I was hoping Hulk would keep the puppy, but it seemed like he just drowned it in the ocean and nobody asked about it.

Best shot in the film

i find it better than if they tried to play it too seriously

But she wasn't the true Valkyrie, did you watch the movie?

I still would have liked if it had been played 90% straighter.
I mean keep Jeff Goldblum, maybe the teleporting bit with Strange, and Thor trying to keep Bruce calm, and the rest don't go for the haha cause if it isn't amazing (which most weren't) ya simply kill the mood.

Well, he did look on as Asgard was destroyed, almost sorrowful, so probably figured the Warriors 3 died in the outcome.

I loved it, the best of the MCU, which 95% of is INCREDIBLY overrated..

I really wish Marvel would nudge more towards the colorful, campier stuff. Marvel's best is when it isn't SPR SERUL DRAMA. Leave that shit to DC.

I’m not sure if you meant brownie points or brown points was intended

Still mad they killed the Warriors Three without any fanfare, and they were never brought up again. Thor lost his best friends and lifelong companions, and he didn't even blink.

Fenris fell into the space bellow Asgard.

>Asgard felt underpopulated as hell.

Especially after Hela and Surter got done with it.

Asgard feeling underpopulated has been a problem since the first movie. At least now they'll have an excuse.

They tried to play it straight before and it sucked. This was 80s glam metal as a movie and it was great.

This

He wasn't there when that particular fight scene occurred. Once he escaped from the Grandmaster, him and his crew went straight to Asgard and got in a battle.

He's a warrior. When there is a war to fight, he fights it. Time for mourning comes after the battle. You don't pause everything in an action movie for 5 minutes of grieving... well, some people might, but they don't work for Marvel. I'm sure he'll be suitably depressed about it between films. I'm sure he uses the restroom, too... I just don't need to see that on film (or Hulk's ass either, for that matter).

As long as Sif is alive, I'm happy. Hope Jaimie Alexander will be back in the next one. She's best girl :)

God forbid Thor should have a moment of reflection over his slaughtered comrades.

I kinda wish, instead of Thor fighting undead old Asgardians, he fought the newly resurrected corpses of the Warriors 3 (and Sif). It would have been a better end for him

Because that's exactly the same, cinematically speaking, as the main character walking off to take a dump.

what?

ALL MY FRIENDS ARE DEAD

PUSH ME TO THE EDGE

ALL MY FRIENDS ARE DEAD

PUSH ME TO THE EDGE

ALL MY FRIENDS ARE YEA YA ALL MY FRIENDS ARE YEA YAAAAAAAHAYA

That's a throwaway gag from an issue of Marvel Age that was never intended to be considered something that actually happened. If the first panel didn't clue you in to that, there's no help for you.

Pretty sure that was intended.

They could have easily been a part of Heimdall's resistance. They could have still died at some point, but at least they wouldn't have been killed off like they were nobody.

War for the planet of the apes explored loss of family, friends and the suffering of Cesar people pretty well.

The way you write this makes it seem like you think Thor is sitting beside you in the theatre and can see it all happen before him.

He probably realised his friends were dead when Heimdall told him Hela had reached Asgard. He knew they'd defend their home against all comers and also knew how powerful Hela was/would be once she reached Asgard.

> Tried to play it straight before

I can see that the memory holes are working.

They were using that to establish what a threat Hela was... it's the Worf effect only with higher stakes. Thor also wasn't present for that battle. Once Thor escapes the Grandmaster, it is pretty much battle after battle until the end of the film. He might not even know that they've died until after the credits roll.

Same reason why firefighters pushed aside their grief after 9/11 while there was still a slim chance to save people in the rubble of ground zero. Sometimes you have to bottle it up and do the job in front of you, no matter how much you're hurting.

Yes we get it, you dont read comics.

It was pretty good, but towards the end I just wanted the movie to be over, and the last battle on the bridge felt jarring for the most part. Also Hela felt like an afterthought in her own movie, she was painfully generic and added nothing.
And maybe it's because I'm not a Marvel/Thor fan, but so much sci-fi in a movie about Norse gods was off putting.

Nice picture for ants

I thought she did a good job. Tere just want enoug h of her

Meh, it was Guardians of the Galaxy.
But woithout the Guardians.

my h key is seriously fucked up

It was pretty excellent overall.

>Also Hela felt like an afterthought in her own movie,

Her movie?

Was she not the main villain? She should be pretty integral to it.

No, it wasn't. They made Thor a wise-cracker who is not who he was in the previous movies.

Hela was hardly the main villain. She was an obstacle, for sure, but she was simply a means to Thor's and Asgard's growth.

I mean, I see what you're saying, she COULD have been built upon, but I don't think that was the point of the story.

I thought it was very good.

Warriors Three deserved a better send-off, and rockdude making a joke literally seconds after the Asgardians watched their home get destroyed was really poorly timed, that should have been a much more sombre moment.

It was WICKED EPIC

It was so much FUN =DDDD

i like how it stuck it to aaron's thor

A handful of jokes or light moments throughout his history doesn't make him a comedic character.

The vast majority of both Kirby's and Simonson's runs are played completely straight as epic fantasy.

gotta show Hela is super powerful and uncaring of anyone lesser than herself.

Thanks for reminding me that Lorelei was pretty foxy in Agents of Shield

This didn't work out as well as I thought it would.

>THOHT
>Hela and Valkyrie

>quips quips quips quips
Great movie. Simply epic

saw it today, was amazing.

STLUTS

I didn't even know Sif fucked off to Agents of Shield until I looked up why the fuck she wasn't in this.

So where was Sif? I don't remember a single thing about Dark World

The film in no way handled the story arc of Ragnarok & Roll seriously.
I'm not sure you know what the percentage on RT means.

>Thoht
>four bitches
I'm going with this one.

>four bitches
Is that even a question?

i loved this movie and the director's humor was all over it. I was impressed by how much ground the movie covered in short amounts of time. it had the most cinematic artistic style since Guardians and Captain America 1

The one thing i didn't like was how it handled Hulk. I'm not massively into comic history but it felt like they made Hulk too "stupid".

It’s called character development, retard.

>Handful

Ok casual

quips

>characters having emotions is SHIIIT
Holy fuck Sup Forums what is wrong with you?

How many quips do you think the 9/11 first responders got in? Bet that was fucking hilarious.

It's not development if it doesn't build off past experiences, nigger.

If anything, he wasn't stupid enough.

>IT'S MY BIRTHDAY

>I don't know how Rotten Tomatoes works

Honestly a shit ton of black humor. Happens every deployment I've been on at least when Shit hit the fan

>They tried to play it straight before
The last Thor movie opened with Odin denying that Asgardians were gods. On a related note, the best scene in Ragnarok was when Thor prays to Heimdal.

ʰᵉʸ ᵐᵃn

I hated this guy.

I thought he was tolerable except for that stupid fucking quip when Asgard was destroyed. Seriously?

I liked him because he had the same VA as koran from the new Netflix Voltron.

Thor's story about Loki as a snake gave me a good kek. The way he told it

Nice try but all characters got some funny moments, even Batman, even Punisher, Deathstroke,Galactus etc

What are all of Bruce's PhDs in?

>Dordbt build off past experiences

Did you literally not watch any of the movies?

That was Taika Waititi himself though.

Not driving alien spaceships.

This CGI is fucking awful

Can confirm but I’m dirty Chair Force.

Meek was 10x better merch bait than Baby Groot.

>it's mah birthdaaaaaaay

I was pretty shocked they killed Volstagg mid-sentence and didn't even give Fandral a line. It was kind of a "holy shit" moment, then it turned into a "wait, are you fucking serious?" moment. It'd be like unceremoniously killing off Lando and Wedge towards the beginning of The Last Jedi.

>This was hilarious
Most fun capemovie of 2017 (Sorry GoG 2) and probably the best Marvel movie to date, at least for me.

Since when were quinjets spaceworthy in the MCU?

That scene got the first real, unintentional laugh out of me in a long time.

The movie itself was pretty great, but I honestly didn't need a joke in almost every single scene. It really grated on me over time.
And I can't actually remember laughing at any of the jokes in particular. Most of them were just distracting to me.

Man, I like some fun, but this movie couldn't deliver a single scene without a fucking gag.