Dumbing of Age: The Catch-Up Thread

So I got banned for a while, and then Thanksgiving happened. In the meantime, I'm pretty sure we all forgot that "Dumbing of Age" existed. I'm here to ruin your night.

I think this is where we left off, with Joyce getting BLACKED by a man with a purple liquid substance intended for ingestion.

...Wait, is that racist?

Here's something about lesbians. I didn't care before and I don't care now.

I think it has been so succinctly established that this comic is so full of shitty people written badly that I have stopped caring.

Joyce is briefly primed for fuckability by a white Christian man, ponying up her hair in a single-handlebar formation.

Fair enough. I think Willis might have forgotten that Joyce wanted somebody to die, so she's back in the manic part of her bipolar disorder.

Here, Willis chooses to remind us that Dorothy is struggling in her studies, which is a plot thread not discussed since, what, August?

We are reminded that Joe and Jacob are supposed to be friends with this strip. Also, are in-dorm exercise rooms even open at 4:30 in the morning?

Joyce is briefly BLACKED but manages to avoid cliched temptation while providing the viewer with comic relief.

Wait, did I say "relief"? I meant "tepidity".

I'm having the feeling that this is going to be another storyline not to care about. Mostly because it's an extension of a storyline I already didn't care about.

>which is a plot thread not discussed since, what, August?
Nobody cares.
Stop spamming this garbage.
It's not even fun to make fun of, it's just bad.

I wasn't going to spam again until next week. I figured this could be a weekly compilation of bullshit now that Patreanon is dead.

Suddenly, a cut-away. It would appear that an interesting story might actually occur, in which Willis rips off "Fight Club" and sees Amber having to deal with Amazi-Girl taking control of her physical body while she sleeps, going out and fighting campus crimes.

Knowing Willis, this will be handled VERY poorly.

And in this final update, Joyce breaks her own neck. She attempts to mask this physical improbability by pretending she flattened her toe.

That's all.

What's the message being conveyed here? That Amber can't remember what Amazigirl did? That she's trying to pass off her actions as bad rather than good?

Or maybe Willy's just a fucking worthless writer and that's that.

Now's the time to take her back to her room and fuck her on her bunk while Sarah glowers into the dark

Obviously it's too early to tell, but I'd assume it's gonna be the second, where Amber will be sleeping but Amazi-Girl will have taken control.

It's already evident that Willis is a hack, though, so like I said, this will probably end in either something so convoluted that it digs its own plot hole, or a straight-faced rip-off of "Fight Club". Or it might just stop, and we never speak of it again.

Mean while in my parody comic, we get to the journalism stuff.

Or maybe there's an imposter Amazi-Girl running around or something.

I was rather enjoying a Willis-free Sup Forums board.

Take writing and art classes and then maybe we'll talk, spunk lover.

Inevitable battle between Amber & Amazi-Girl can only end in one way.

The knuckle splotches are supposed to imply bruising.
I think.

Willis is a tumor.

Yeah, couldn't tell if that was shadowing or bruising. Sure there he'll have a twitter or tumblr update that will unpack this, but I'm wanting to keep my Willis doses to a minimum.

Alright, I was able to get this done too!

I really fucking hate dorothy.

I hope Amazi-Girl wins. Fuck Amber.

>it's not lean not grape juice

Maybe it'll be an inverse Fight Club thing, where Amazi-Girl uses her skills and prowess to help & support people, while Amber used them to bust heads & rage about her Dad Issues.

Or just fights crime while she sleeps. Like Spiderman during the symbiote suit days.

I thought you rage quit.

The Stepmaster is NOT easier Joyce, you're gonna hate yourself.

Yeah, how can anything look easier than the treadmill, except for setting the pace? You just walk on it.

workout joyce is pretty goddamn cute. especially in a pink tank with a ponytail.

Why would she punch a dog in the face?

Eliptical bruh. I could set that thing to stupid incline/resistance levels and go for days when I did it regularly.

Ok let's start with this one. What the fuck happened? She caught her right foot between the two things while she was stepping off it? Without weight on them those steppers go up, so there is no way to catch her foot in a crushing way.
I just fucking wanted a sweaty joyce.

>seven years later, this shit is still shit
Get a grip man.

Why someone would insist on proving that Willis is not the worst cartoonist in the thread, I have no idea.

Slow down nigga, dude is just a dumb kid, wiley is 50 years old. Perseverance plays a big role in being the worst.

>sweaty joe
Hnngh (no homo)

Seven? I've only been doing this comic for like, two.

Well a while ago Amber was gloating evilly about how Amazi-Girl is dead and Amber won (to which she got no real push back). So this is showing that she's not dead, she's just completely dissociated.

>Jacob is so hot, there's no way he'd get with Sarah
This really annoys me. Joyce won't listen to Sarah when she says that she's not the right one for Jacob. But Joyce is gonna throw shade at Sarah for not being hot enough (like Raidah is that much more attractive). Literally no one asked you to do this.

It's pretty obvious that she was talking about herself not being hot enough for Jacob but corrected herself at the last minute because she remembered she was supposed to be trying to get those two together. Why this is when she obviously has a thing for him I have no idea. But I don't think she actually meant to insult sarah that's just a stand in for herself

Oh, you're right. I was just reading it as her being reluctant to throw Sarah under the bus, but yeah she was talking about herself. It goes along with the lie being about her first in the prior comic too (but I had seen that on the site and didn't re-read it just now).

I didn't notice because I was iffy on whether Willis was writing Joyce as "hilariously" oblivious of her attraction/crush (which is a mode he has written in before) or aware and trying to suppress it. But I guess it's more the latter, which is good.

Somehow caught her foot between one that was up and one going up.

Which honestly is the least of her worries than walking around and using equipment in a student housing fitness room that's not even a gym. Once that kicks in her germophobia will overpower the sprained foot.

Personally I don't even understand when or how Joyce suddenly became attracted to Jacob. Probably because Jacob has, for the better part of six years, been a relatively complete non-entity in the grander scheme of the comic, and for the most part was delegated to a comedic/sexual foil for Sarah.

It kind of reminds me of Rapin' Ryan in a way. He was more or less set up to be a figure for Joyce to take down, only for her to shirk that potential character development and hand it off to Amber/Sal/Dorothy. In the same way, we had the strip where Sarah essentially said "I can't hook up with Jacob, but you can at least break him up from Raidah" and handed off that element of her character to Joyce.

Or something like that.

I don't think Raidah has even been established as a villain or bad for Jacob.

That's because she's been established as an antagonist for Sarah. Her relationship to Jacob is more or less second-tier; it isn't that she is bad for Jacob, but that she is dating Jacob in the first place.

Kill yourself.

I'm pretty sure you can't use punctuation in hashtags, as it just breaks it up i.e. the social media whatever should be reading it as #Amazi
For what it's worth, I think this is good.
You didn't make any typos this time,
and I'm grateful for that
She's usually written as some alpha bitch who tries to take Sarah's friends away from her and play the victim; Sarah decked her for manhandling Joyce at the mall, but just told Jacob that Sarah attacked her for no reason.

I think Willis wants to have Raidah as some Alexis Carrington type, but fucks up because he's Willis. Doesn't help that he keeps confusing college drama with high school drama

how many fucking digletts are inside that dugtrio

He's just clowning on Willis. Calm down, Sup Forums is love, assholes.

That extremely low-effort, though. Are you new to these threads, or do you just don't know what that shitposting spammer is?

>Minifig
>For what it's worth, I think this is good.
lol

I've been here forever, ass. I have always liked dewd's strip.

>extremely low-effort

How much effort is Willis actually *worth*, user?

I feel the real takeaway from this is that David Willis has a woefully inadequate understanding of how a stairmaster works, or failing that has personally managed to injure himself with Goofy-Tier ineptitude.

What is going on? I dropped this shit when Willis added Mike to his gay fuckfest

Mike has been bi (or basically whatever orientation would upset you the most) since at least Shortpacked.

It's turned into the slowest romcom tragedy ever. The recent plotline involves Joyce trying to make Jacob like Sarah, but in doing so, she has fallen for him.

Also, Amber stabbed Joyce's would-be rapist. A lot.

Nothing. That's why the dewd is even more shit, since he can't manage to make shitting on Willis good.