Flash #35 Storytime

>Negative Flash
how many evil speedsters does Flash have now?
is that all anyone can think off when they give him new villains?

The downfall of Nu-Wally has very little to do with that character, but instead the situation within which he was created. Barry doesn't work well with a sidekick post-Flashpoint. He can barely take care of himself anymore, let alone be responsible for training a young hero.

In the Silver and Bronze ages Barry had his shit together enough that he could be a superhero and teach his charge about super speed science at the same time. Wally literally got struck by a random lightning bolt and given superpowers under his care and he just took that shit in stride. Current Barry would spiral into a deep depression about how he's doomed the kid to a life as an outsider and then he would sequester himself away from everyone until someone told him he didn't do anything wrong.

Last arc was literally just about how he was ruining everything by claiming responsibility for the evil acts of others and he didn't even learn his lesson. He's going to keep doing it until he or someone he cares about ends up dead.

thanks OP. Is this an early scan?

from last week, this week is a fifth week so only annuals.

>*Black Asshole Rising
FTFY

If Barry's persona is "boring, but amicable/adorable nerd" why not roll with that and surround him with interesting people and shit so he's the audience rock?

If it's contigent on the character of the supporting cast, then he's screwed either way because both Iris and Wally2 are highly unlikable.

That used to be the draw of the book, even after he was rebirthed back in 09. Barry's best friends are/were Hal Jordan and Elongated Man, two extremes on the Dynamic Devil-May-Care Superhero/Nerdy Goofball spectrum Barry embodies. The extended Flash Family exists largely in response to his character, so they all have the potential to work well with him.

All of that went out the window when Johns ruined him with the melodramatic psuedo-Batman angst garbage. Barry should have solved his mom's murder and saved her 5 years ago. That should have been a major arc in his New52 book. Instead we got non-stop trash stories with an unlikeable Barry who's STILL boring.

Being a Flash fan is suffering.

I wish they hadn't gotten rid of the comics nerd backstory. It added a bit of charm and relatability to him, and he's not really nerdy anymore. Just kind of depressed.

>I could have been your lightning rod...

LEWD

Oh I get it, because shes a woman, an evil speedster, etc. HAHAHA fuck you. I'm tired of evil speedster nonsense, I just want Flash books to be worth a damn again

Is this just gonna be Savitar 2.0?

And who are you then? Another speedster villain? If so, why not just resurrect Savitar?

because Williamson wants that sweet, sweet royalty money when his OC gets put on tv.

Is anyone else feeling like this plot is all over the fucking place?
>Black Hole organization shenanigans
>Meena "You failed to save!" The Negative Flash (Hate that name)
>Iron Heights Prison plot where Im pretty sure its Cold
>Raijin
>Iris still being a cunt over the Thawne thing
To be honest, they should have just focused on Bloodwork. Guy had a good gimmick

It's hard to think of competent villains when you have 3 Flashes running around, all that get incredibly more powerful with each event.

>Black Hole organization shenanigans

They should design a drug that de-ages Barry into a 10 year old version of himself. He becomes the new Kid Flash as Wally becomes the main Flash and then they solve the mystery of Black Hole over the span of thousands of issues, but only a year paces in the story.

I was mad when Bloodwork was that one guy. Williamson keeps starting to build a cast and then pulling the rug out. I was so happy to see Avery Ho show up in New Super-Man

>Williamson keeps starting to build a cast and then pulling the rug out.

This. There've been too many new characters added just to be new villains in 'surprising' twists in this run so far, especially since a lot of them would make for decent new longterm supporting cast.

Thawne should be the only evil speedester allowed.

And Zolomon but only because he's technically not a spedester.

>Barry should have solved his mom's murder and saved her 5 years ago.
God this, I wouldn't mind someone retconning this but with the Flash show and movie going with this retconned origin I bet it's going to stick.

Only good Johns did to the Flash mythos was introducing Zolomon and revamping the Rogues. Everything else has been a drag.

Pretty late this week for a bunch of series. Thanks though man.

> that unashamed Savitar rip-off

When will Williamson stop recreating Wally villains with new names and start doing something actually good?

Should we even have hopes for Flash War at this point?

>why not roll with that and surround him with interesting people and shit so he's the audience rock?

Williamson is trying to do this with Godspeed, NuWally, Meena and Kirsten. Problem is they are also annoying or awfully written so no one cares about them.

>Gets "saved" by the people that have been up to no good and are the cause of the speedstorm incident
>Get told by them that the Flash let you die
>Get told by them that they want to "study" the speedforce and harness it to make the world better
>Believe all of that bullshit and join their cause

What the fuck? How can she be this gullible? Why would she believe all of this so damn easily? Why would the Flash just let one person who was CLOSE to him die when he saves random people every single day?

It just makes no goddamn sense.

It's a American woman. They're all retards like that.

is the prison so poor she can't afford decent lighting?

>The extended Flash Family exists largely in response to his character, so they all have the potential to work well with him.

The extended Flash family was built for Wally. Only Wally and Iris were made with Barry's character in mind.

This is like a Savitar rip off only Williamson has hopes the show will use it so he can get a royalty check without actually needing to create anything original.

thanks for the story time OP

Why are all of Barry's comics since he came back so bad, Sup Forums?

>to create feedback

this is some "reverse the polarity" -tier asspull

getting a little close to your "aunt" there black wally

Hahaha, what the fuck is this shit?

what?