Adult Swim Jr - Coming Spring 2018

Do you think this AS are finally separating from CN as a whole? Is this the death of CN? Are Adult Swim and CN making a new similar slot like Toonami? Will all the more serious shows aimed at teenagers move over to this new thing? Or is it all a prank?

youtube.com/watch?v=w13hfe6sDKI

Other urls found in this thread:

tombcartoonmonkeyskeleton.blogspot.com/2017/09/work-around-town.html
youtube.com/watch?v=PqJOXPjLpwM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adult_Swim
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Star Wars music
it prank

Apparently there were 2 other bumpers as well, no one recorded them sadly.

Are these connected somehow?

tombcartoonmonkeyskeleton.blogspot.com/2017/09/work-around-town.html

>tween swim
oh boy

I can't even play the video. Am I the only one getting this message?

Never mind, it plays fine in Chrome.

>coming spring 2018
Yep. It’s a prank.

Teen oriented cartoon blocks never work. Unless adult swim takes infinity train and Vincent and Valentino then does a perfect hair and airs them once a year. The infinity train tears would be golden.

Sorta like Nick and Nick jr?

Maybe?

>Vincent

>Is this the death of CN?

Cartoon Network has been dead since before most of Sup Forums were even Elementary School students.

They've also had profitable quarters recently and don't care about what manchildren whining about Teen Titans Go think

holy shit, that makes sense.

Adult Swim aired Samurai Jack, a cartoon for literal babies. It's already at the Nick Jr status.

which would more or less amount to nothing at this point. we all know TTG is cheap-to-produce-cheaper-to-churn-out shit and they're not willing to give up on their shitty scheduling. so why bother anymore?

Might be an app

>mfw it's just hyping up for April Fools

>adult swim jr is the show’s that are too mature for kidsy CN but are too grounded to be an AS show

Perfect solution, right?

It's a reverse trap, they want you to think that.

Why not [adolescence swim] or even [cartoon swim]

Because jr makes it funnier.

They're probably just giving an official name to that early morning block they have up to 6am.

>It's a reverse trap, they want you to think that.
again?

This could potentially be good. Add some anime to it plus the cartoons that allegedly got greenlit(Infinity Train and a few others?) and we might have something interesting.

make it a space for all the Fox shit

Wasn't Close Enough planning to be aired on TBS?

American Dad is also on TBS and still airs on Adult swim

The blog is outdated by a few months, here's what the guy behind it had to say recently.

It's clearly just a joke why do you autists take everything so literally?

what the literal fuck

>AS is creating a new block type thing to save the gold from CN's clutches and maybe leave room for other shows to come in and flourish
>That way CN can just rot in it's own filth
You know what? I'm okay with this

This

It's fucking adult swim, they make "jokes" like this between every commercial break

Because they know their audience is full of menchildren.

Was Victor & Valentino already confirmed too? Hopefully Infinity Train does a good job as a mini-series or they'll do them even less.

Don't say you didn't hear about it here first.

Yeah? In how many of those jokes did they say something Adult Swim related was coming in a specific period then? It can be legit.

Not oficially confirmed, but leak confirmed, so take things with a grain of salt. Multiple things do suggest that those two are greenlit though, yes.

I feel exactly the same, I would be deeply happy if CN became dedicated to nothing but braindead shows for dumb kids like TTG, nuBenTen,nuPPG and all that shit.

>Do you think this AS are finally separating from CN as a whole?
I meant do you think that AS, I only now noticed my typo, I apologize.

>CN keep doing what they're doing and all the promising shows go to Adult Swim jr

Imagine how mad the manchildren would be.

>Shows that need a budget

Enhanced that for ya.

THIS COULD BE HUGE OLDSCHOOL CARTOON NETWORK COMING BACK!!!!!!!!

DO WHAT A CARTOON 2 WITH FREDERATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

> Adult Jr.

This is some The Movie: The Game level of shenanigans.

They intentionally nuked themselves with their last big DC Deal because of damned interoffice politics.

I like Cartoon Network as an idea and platform if they'd get their shit together.

Been almost a decade and they still haven't really recovered from that talent purge.

What if it's a shitty app and those will be their launching titles.

PLEASE

Cn has been dead.
As was to save cn.
This is the final straw.
Get off the boat rats, there will never be another anime chan worth a shit.

We don't need an anime channel, we need a channel that's a mix between oldschool (checkerboard/powerhouse) era CN and Liquid Television.

What?

Still not as bad as CN Real.

W-...what happened to her eyebrows?

fuck, I meant to say "unibrow"

CN Real period was better than current CN.

I didn’t think I’d ever say this, but I actually am missing Stu Snyder era CN.
All the shows were TV-PG and the all-ages tone they struck was keeping in line with what the network was in the 90s. There were many failed experiments and dumb decisions, but by the end the network had settled into the correct groove.
The people in charge now seem to think the main network should be exclusively kiddy shit, which was never what CN was.
This is a good development in that it means they won’t stop producing those older-skewing shows entirely (and will probably even allow minor swears like Regular Show did early on) but it’s pretty stupid that they apparently need to be segregated now. Space Ghost C2C was a regular CN show for most of it’s run, shouldn’t the puritan morals be LESS prevalent now?

>Teen Titans Go! (finishing up)
thank christ

Because no one from Adult Swim has said that it's a joke.

Even Teen Titans Go ratings have been declining recently. It's not the easy fix they were hoping to ride out on the last few years.

Surprise you didn't break your hate boner off. What will you complain about now?

Both networks have the same parent company and the show is being made at CN studios, I wouldn’t be too surprised if TBS scraps their animation block to focus on this instead, but I think it’s a “wait-and-see” kind of thing.
I think it stands more of a chance of surviving on [as]

I really hope camp summer island turns out good.

As long as nothing else turns into a cancerous blight that devours 80% of the schedule I’ll be a happy camper. I’m not the type who enjoys complaining for no reason

What gives you hopes that it will be decent?

MTV managed to do it for a time. Then the internet happened.

TTG deserves all the hate it gets because it destroyed CN, whatever was left of it.

Craig of the Creek looks better imo, it may look almost identical to SU but SCI looks like a 13 year old on DeviantArt drew it
But both seem pretty low-key and chill

they both look like shit, why are people hyping up craig of the creek when all we have on it is a picture?

everyone's saying its aimed at preschoolers (like according to official channels not just the art style), but lets not forget that pic related aired on nick jr

This is awesome and makes perfect sense.
I thought the leak was fake but the Adult Swim Jr announcement changes everything.

I like SOL cartoons with kids, sue me.
I wish we had more to go off of with COTC but all I can do is anticipate more info at the moment. Not really “hyping” I’m just curious about it, it just seems to be in the general ballpark of things I enjoy

Why would they? That's kind of how jokes work.

Also, there is no other mention of Tiggle Winks, which is a pilot that came out like a few days ago. This is the first place that mentions the existence of Tiggle Winks.

youtube.com/watch?v=PqJOXPjLpwM

CN has tried preschool blocks multiple times and it has never once been successful. I’m curious as to where the money is in it, especially for a show with such an unmarketable artstyle (I don’t forsee Summer Camp Island characters being slapped on everything like the Paw Patrol)

I'd actually be happy if they found a way to air good, engaging cartoons that just happen to be TV-14. If the Japanese figured this years ago then we shouldn't be so far behind.

And there it is

A way for them to air those shows that kids might not be interested in but that adults won't assume are edgy comedies like most "adult" cartoons

The perfect place for Galactic KND. Just sayin'.

Why would they bother wasting millions of dollars for shit that won't make money and that no one will watch?

I like Julia Pott's work, you can find most of it on youtube
if that's true then that sucks

>if that's true then that sucks
I mean, just look at it. With this whole as jr thing, it doesn't seem like a far fetched idea.

but why jr shoildn't it be kiddie pool?

too clever for Christina Miller

I don't get it.

>CN 6ma-6pm
>ASjr 6pm-11pm
>AS 11pm-6am

I’m thinking it’ll be a 2 hour block that starts at 7 or 8
Starting it at 6 would mean 5 central time, which is too early to cut off CN imo

I feel like it will be in the 6-7-8 range for about an hour or two.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adult_Swim
>The block gets its name from a phrase used by public swimming pools in the United States to label designated times when children are restricted from using the facilities in favor of adults

well, looks like it got nuked by ttgonetwork, can I find it anywhere else? I really wanted to watch this

t. Retarded executive

But it's true, how will it make money? Who will buy merch? Who will care for it? Those millions of dollars don't make themselves. Samurai Jack took 10 years of constant begging from a massive fanbase to happen and it was very successful only because of that fanbase, but that series lended itself to getting the reboot/sequel treatment and it worked perfectly on Adult Swim. Can't say the same thing about KND, no wonder they rejected the Galactic idea.

1.) its just [as] fucking with us with a random bumper and fans take it too far again. Like the Fanservice Meter
2.) riding the coat tails of last year as they hyped up the april fools event. hype it up again and everyone thinks its another nothing and get a something
3.) due to Samurai Jack's success other shows will get another season like Dexter's Lab. EX: turns out Dexter is a young Rick and turns out Morty is his second chance at Dee Dee because she died and the final episode is rick and morty watching multi-dimensional TV and then starts season 4 as Rick tracking down the Rick who is selling out Rick.
4.) [as] jr is a legit thing that is all about syndication for like batman TAS and other shit and gets a once a week thing like Toonami

>Adult Swim Jr
So Cartoon Network?

Do y’all think [as]Jr. will ever do reruns of older CN shows? Stuff like original Samurai Jack, Courage, Billy & Mandy, maybe obscurities like Time Squad and Sheep in the Big City?
I think it’s possible if they are actually letting Williams Street be in charge.

Also, if Close Enough ends up being put in this block, we already know that it’s TV-14 network sitcom level (w/ jokes involving sex, drugs, swearing) which opens the door to stuff like Mission Hill (which I’d love to see get rerun again, Turner should still have the rights to it)

I’d say the #1 thing KND has going against it is that it wasn’t a very good show unless you strap on the nostalgia goggles tight. I like pretty much everything else from that CN era more

2.)
4.)

I could see Adult Swim Jr just being a 4-8/9 block of their more teen oriented shows. They've been flirting with that kind of set up for years.

Infinity Train being geared at a teen/YA audience, but not going overboard into the Adult Swim/Fox Animation “adult” style would be the perfect fit for it. Stuff like Steven Universe and Regular Show always felt like they were dragged down by still being kids-first products. It was clear that the shows had more serious/dramatic stuff or more edgy humor in mind that they always danced around. However, they wouldn’t be a good fit for regular Adult Swim. They fit into a middle ground not fulfilled by CN’s TTG-geared audience or Adult Swim’s edgy, risky, risqué market.

Adult Swim Jr. is an awful and vaguely insulting name for a teen block, but I think it would be a good idea. Have kids-oriented CN during the day, switch it to the teen block from 8pm to 10pm on weeknights, then regular Adult Swim late at night.

When is this even going to come on? Anyone 16_ would be at work/school.

Craig of the Creek was created by Matt Burnett and Ben Levin, two of the main story writers for Steven Universe. It’s interesting to see what they would come up using their own characters and plot. Ben Levin also created the very fun web-series Doris and Mary-Ann Are Breaking Out of Prison.

Craig of the Creek will probably be more grounded with no sci-if or supernatural stuff, but you never know.

6-7-8, just before adult swim