Is there such thing as an "adult" cartoon that's popular with adults but doesn't attract kids (under 13)?

Is there such thing as an "adult" cartoon that's popular with adults but doesn't attract kids (under 13)?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_adult_animated_television_series
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_adult_animated_films
tellmehowmuch.net/how-much-does-it-cost-to-produce-a-tv-show.html
comicbook.com/anime/2017/08/16/-one-pieces-live-action-tv-show-will-cost-a-lot-of-money/
quora.com/How-much-does-it-cost-to-produce-and-make-an-animated-series
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No kid I knew gave a fuck about King of the Hill.

King of the Hill

Venture Bros, mostly because kids don't watch adult swim outside of family guy

Must've been pretty boring kids.

>Kids don't watch adult swim

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

12 oz Mouse

There will never be a popular Western cartoon that isn't a comedy because why use animation when you can use actors and sets which are cheaper and more likely to be watched by an audience

When I was a kid, me and a few friends liked it. It certainly wasnt as popular as Simpsons or South Park though.

Moral Orel

I don't remember a single kid actually liking it

Ugly Americans

>under 13
Anyone below the legal age to drive or work is considered a "kid" in my eyes.

I was a kid when I watched it and I liked it. As a kid I hated family guy. Stopped watching as soon as I struck sixteen. Motel Orel and king of the hill were the only shows I watched growing up.

rare, but Monkey Dust comes to mind
The list at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_adult_animated_television_series has some possible candidates, although surprised to see Family Guy which appears to be popular with kids around 10 or so (my friend's kids kept singing the theme song and watching the episodes on their phones).

You just posted it. Venture Bros. has primarily an adult fanbase. B&B attracted teens during its prime, and R&M attracts casuals of all ages.

Xavier renegade angel

i wasnt into aqua teen untill i got alot older so maybe that

Better question,is there any serious adult animated western cartoon?

Bojack Horseman

I started watching venture bros when I was 11.

I'm 25 now.

I mean I did too, but it fucked me up

I'm sure no kid would be entertained by BoJack, since most of the time they just talk and the humor is subtle.

I don't know any kids though.

Spawn

Castlevania

Bob and Margaret

if you include animated films, this list: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_adult_animated_films

I remember liking it when I was 14 and it aired on AS, although that was mostly for the titties they'd usually show when she was bathing and stuff. Same for Baby Blues.

We didn't have internet back then.

>Secret of NIMH
>American Tail
>Land Before TIme
>Iron Giant
>Prince of Egypt
>The Last Unicorn
>Coraline
>Cats Don't Dance
>Thief and the Cobbler
>No Fritz the Cat
>"adult animated films"
Whomstever made this is a retard.

Usually "Adult" just means not appropriate for kids

>"adult animated films"
It says "serious" not adult, anyway I got it from here so I guess a Sup Forums user made it, or maybe Sup Forums?
I'd also add Coonskin, Heavy Traffic asnd others, but I doubt the rec intended to be comprehensive.

is live action always cheaper? Didn't Gerry and Sylvia Anderson use puppets for Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet and Joe 90 because they were cheaper to use than the live action they really wanted to produce?

The Critic

The Critic wasn't "popular" - it got cancelled multiple times.

The Animal Farm adaptation is so heavily simplified it completely misses the point of the novella, not really a prime example of "adult" animation.

This honestly

I loved both of these as a kid

>Bob and Margaret
>that was mostly for the titties they'd usually show when she was bathing and stuff
Wtf user.

In comparison to the costs of animation, getting a cast of actors and a few small sets is vastly cheaper than animating a 21 minute cartoon

i liked it

examples? I've always seen live action costing far more than animated, for example orignal star trek cost a million per episode, Gerry Andersen's Space 1999 live action series were incredibly expensive compared to puppets. I guess the costs depend on how much action, complexity of sets, etc. I'd ignore voice actors inflated pay if that's what makes it pricy.
Sources: tellmehowmuch.net/how-much-does-it-cost-to-produce-a-tv-show.html comicbook.com/anime/2017/08/16/-one-pieces-live-action-tv-show-will-cost-a-lot-of-money/ quora.com/How-much-does-it-cost-to-produce-and-make-an-animated-series quora.com/How-much-does-it-cost-to-produce-and-make-an-animated-series

Easy OP

So by "adult" you mean teenagers to 21-year-olds?

real adults don't watch cartoons unless it's an easy thing that's already on like Family Guy or something nostalgic like Loony Tunes, and that's not gonna change until someone gets the balls to make something that's well written and not on adult swim