Dude Marvel heroes are like normal people who try to be gods

>dude Marvel heroes are like normal people who try to be gods
>dude DC heroes are like gods who try to be normal people
Why do brainlets keep parroting this bullshit?

>"Gods are unrelatable" and that's bad
>most people believe in Jesus and Abrahamic God

Because it is a nice way for DC shills to say DC 'characters' are overpowered Mary Sues, while Marvel have actual characters.

marvel is science and DC is magic

>calls people brainlets
>reads Big 2 superhero comics

>Thor and JiM stuff
>Pym particles
>science

>Marvel has better heroes but DC has better villains
SHIGGY DIGGY

>a brainlet's brainlet

Because it's partially true. The big DC heroes are more about ideals and symbols.

But that's why I largely prefer them personally, so I never understand when that's used against them. It's not like everything is easy for them anyway. Their problems are on a whole other scale but at the end of the day they solve them the same way we do. Bruce makes analysis and plan, Arthur must constantly compromise between two worlds and be hated by both, Barry for all his speed can't do everything.

Clark could be anything he wants with all the power he has. Yet he decides to do good. He isn't motivated by vengeance like Batman or a sense of responsability like Spidey. For him it just makes sense to do the right thing.

How is that not inspirational? Ain't that the core of heroism, choosing to do good?

Are the Metal comics meant to be anything but fun?

What does that have to do with anything?

Do you have any comics with large, inspirational, epic moments?

I love reading those every once in a while when I'm feeling down and need a sense of excitement and wonder, and heroes winning against all odds.

I'm looking for stuff like Final Crisis/Superman Beyond, Multiversity, Kingdom Come, Eart X, Secret Wars I and III, etc.

DC seems like it would have more of those, but I'm not as familiar (though familiar enough to mostly 'get' Final Crisis).

This video was fucking terrible. Fuck you Youtube.

Check out Starlight. I can't think of any other book that better fits what you described.

The Human Race is a good one for The Flash.

Like this?

>basic story is angels decided that humanity needs to go
>Superman says I don't think so Jim

Unfortunately I can't find the one from the issue where Daniel-Dream showed up and they had to enter a child's nightmare to save a kid. But really, Morrison's JLA run should have everything you're after.

Nice shilling for your channel there.

The fuck does that have to do with shills?
The only people who say that shit are idiots who don't know fucking anything about comics but think they do

>shits on the video's entire premise
>doesn't even mention what video it's from
How is that "shilling" you stupid moron?

>popularity of both DC and most big religions have been in steady decline
really cranks my generator

It was like that before infinite crisis.

Speedwatched the first 5 minutes of the video. Guy is just playing Devil's advocate for normies who actually think that.

Didn't watch the rest because he sounds like a sperg.

>>shits on the video's entire premise

He only said it at the end. The rest of the video was him shitting on the DCEU and WB.

It's true tho. Why do you think DC works amazingly in comics and cartoons but cannot translate to live action?

Characters like Doom who literally became God?
Or like Black Bolt who somehow survived a void between dimensions without food or water or heat or oxygen for months while fighting off shuma gorath-like beings?
Or like Sentry who is a super Godlike version of Superman who is simply crazy and limits his powers?

But everyone in the Marvel Universe is an asshole

What's So Funny about Truth, Justice, and the American Way?
A famous annual that was adapted into Superman vs The Elite animated movie.

What's the problem with DC inherently? Movies are WB's fault, not the character's.

>DC heroes are like gods who try to be normal people

You can just discard everyone in DC because Superman is like that. Hal and Barry are everymans with superpowers

*can't

Barry is the most realistic DC hero because I've met inhumanly boring people in real life as well.

Yeah this.

Also, a few DC heroes are pretty human despite their powers. A lot of Hal Jordan's depictions are scarily relatable to me: scared of commitment, can't find a job, struggles with relationships, got evicted, needed help to pay for his car, etc.

Most of these guys lost their power and got their lives screw over.

You forgot stupid.

I forgot it because I'm stupid

Marvel is techno wizardry, the gizmos that Reed and Doom pull out of their asses are as bizarre as anything you could find at dc

Somebody said this on the internet a decade ago and people who are into "geek culture" on a surface level thought it was deep and just repeated it to sound smart instead of reading comics

They're idiots who generalize both sides through just one character from each.

>this is what euphorics so desperately want to believe

Both those claims are bullshit. There's no need to explain why the DC one is wrong but by mid-century there's expected to be more Christians in China than people in the entire US.

Marvel's idea of "actual characters" are alcoholics and SJWs.

Sure, but what he's trying to say is that, when it comes down to the explanation of certain characters, Marvel tends to go "Science, bitch!" whereas DC goes "Magic, bitch!" Even the Gods of Marvel often have a science-y vibe to them. Granted, DC used to be similar until Gaiman, and even then it was only Morrison that really cemented this fact.

Barry I think most lives up to the "Gods trying to be normal people", he definitely has that God-like aspect to him. Hal, I'll give you definitely has the feeling of Human trying to compete with Gods.

Besides, it's just a general ballpack, no-one except real idiots claim it's 100% true.

but it's the fundamental difference between the two universes that have allowed Marvel to work so well in live action and modern settings, while DC struggles to adapt their characters to tv and movies without looking like shit.

senpai if a character is "overpowered" but is fighting things with a similar power level, it isn't overpowered

Superman - Zeus
Green Lantern - Hephaestus
Batman - Hades
Wonder Woman - Hera
Aquaman - Poseidon
Flash - Hermes

Piss off, Morrison.

Really? A lot of DC heroes seem to get their powers from freak accidents or have them given to them. Then if you look at Marvel every second person is a hyper genius or born with their powers

Fucking this. You could argue that Superman isn't overpowered compared to his villians but Batman is. It's all relative

Calm down sperg.

>Sure, but what he's trying to say is that, when it comes down to the explanation of certain characters, Marvel tends to go "Science, bitch!" whereas DC goes "Magic, bitch!"
What science?

I mean, let's look at Carol Danvers and Superman

>Carol Danvers can fly because she has DNA alien
>Superman can fly because he is an alien

How Marvel's explanation is more "scientific" than DC's?

People think every Marvel hero is Peter Parker

Or maybe it's because most of the DCEU's films have been helmed by hacks? But no, it's clearly the characters' faults, nevermind that two movies based on DC characters were so popular they started the superhero movie-making trend. Moron.

Doesn't this idea fall apart when Marvel has Thor, Ares, and Hercules? The only God I regularly remember DC having is Wonder Woman if she's still Zeus' kid. Even if they're talking people with powers do they just not want to acknowledge the two races of powered people who live in the Marvel U?

>Marvel heroes are like normal people who try to be gods
>DC heroes are like gods who try to be normal people
triggers me every time

That's not entirely right.
Superman - Hercules
Batman - Hades
Wonder Woman - Athena
Aquaman - Poseidon
Flash - Hermes
Green Lantern - Ares
Green Arrow - Eros
Black Canary - Aphrodite

>he doesn't understand that DNA is a scientific phenomenon

You should probably go back to reading The Walking Dead, amigo.

>nevermind that two movies based on DC characters were so popular they started the superhero movie-making trend

from a different era were that level of corniness could work

the directors are a problem, but the characters are hard to translate. Look at Green Lantern.

"I fly because of my alien DNA" should be considered scientific for both Marvel and DC, then, not just Marvel.

The Walking Dead is better than anything Marvel is publishing right now, so thanks.

Barry was just some guy who idealized Jay Garrick and really liked science, I hardly call him a god trying to be human.

Nigga I’m a marvelfag myself, but come on now, you can’t say our guy DOOM isn’t Gary Stu-ish sometimes
>Owns a country
>Knows powerful magic
>Has insane knowledge of robotics and gadgets
>Believes he’s the one true leader of the world who can do it right, and is also correct
>Exclusively uses the third person when talking about himself
>Has a daughter and is actually a really good dad

It doesn’t make him bad or anything but he’s pretty Stu-ish

Cosmonaut Variety Hour is a literal retard who puts absolutely no research into his videos.

Stop giving him the attention he doesn't deserve.

The phrase is used by people who think that Superman is “god-like” because he doesn’t have any “flaws”, it’s said by people who know jack shit about DC.

Kid Goku would solo Marvel and DC. FACT

Oh yeah, because Marvel movies aren't corny and post-ironic at all, right?
>I know him from work :^)))))

We don't call him BatGAWD for nothing

>Why do brainlets keep parroting this bullshit?
Because it was the literal premise of one of the most influential JLA runs of all time that shaped the DCU for the next *checks* 10 years.

I don't agree with it either, and that conceit was -only- supposed to apply to the JLA members in a team context... but it was a real thing.

Well a normal person is going to be a dickish asshole who uses their power to make others bend to their will and fight against others trying to do the same thing while making personal attacks on them.

>Tobey Macguire is a great Peter Parker
>Andrew Garfeild is a great Spider-Man
>Tom Holland is a comic accurate Spidey all around

>"Realistic" means "awful"
So tired of this shit. Very immature view of life.

Andrew Garfield was a great Spider-Man though, anyone who says otherwise is retarded.

Who are you quoting?

His Spider-man was just a mean-spirited jerkass.

>B-buh he quipped that one time

So does Holland, and he doesn't come off as a dick.

Tom Holland was absolute shit.

>Superman has the whole world in his hands and basically lives in Olympus compared to other cities
>Green Lantern crafts and weilds fantastical weopons
>Batman watches over and tries to contain the dregs and pieces of crap living in his heIIish city
>Wonder Woman more like Demetre
>Aquaman Poseidon self explainitory
>Flash metaphorically delievers messages that literally can ultimately shape the universe.

I wonder what the Avenger's version of comparison to gods would look like

Nothing, because the Avengers are fucking shit.

Good save.

>Spider-man was just a mean-spirited jerkass.
No that was Tobey's. He was consistantly a jerk to J.J.J, never used his powers to help his aunt out of finacial strife, never tried to talk to his best friend about his dad dying and instead opted to beat the crap out of him, and he never once tapped that jackpot.
And am I the only one who hated how he got the key to the city? He seemed to cause most of the situations where he had to save people.

>His Spider-man was just a mean-spirited jerkass.
That's pretty much Spider-Man though.

In all seriousness though, you're purposefully forgetting all the great feelgood scenes we got like him saving the kid from the bridge in the first film, or him trying to talk down electro, or the stuff with fixing that kid's science project after he got bullied.

Garfield's Spidey was an asshole to bad guys, and a really cool dude to other people, just like Spider-Man always has been.

>Captain America: God of Nepotism
>Iron Man: God of "First World Problems"
>Thor: God of Thunder

>Thor: God of Hammers

fixed that for you

Spider-Man is a narcissistic bully.

Max please.

fucking perfect

You wish. Islam is going to dominate the world and we're all going to be beheaded.

>basically lives in Olympus compared to other cities
I fucking wish. Metropolis does not look anything like a "City of the Future". Why isn't it a mix of "Star Trek" sci-fi and cyberpunk? It should basically be the Citadel from Mass Effect.

It used to look like that in the early aughts after Y2K until later writers came along and decided they didn't like that and undid it in the Mr. Majestic crossover.
Shame, Metropolis should definitely be the City of Tomorrow. It's also awful bland and nothing but a boring NYC stand-in otherwise.

>Thor is Zeus
>Captain America is Perseus
>Iron Man is Hephaestus
>Hulk is Hades

REEEEEEEEE, Spider-Man isn't allowed to be mean to criminals!!!

So i guess in that case The Hulk, Man-Thing, Venom, Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer and Elektra are all bad characters.

>Characters like Doom who literally became God?

Loses it one way or another, he's also a petty shit.

I don't like Doomwank anyways.

>Or like Black Bolt who somehow survived a void between dimensions without food or water or heat or oxygen for months while fighting off shuma gorath-like beings?

Don't read much about Black Bolt, I've only read his most recent series, but from what little I've known before that, Black Bolt was god damned powerful already.

>Or like Sentry who is a super Godlike version of Superman who is simply crazy and limits his powers?

The power of SuperSuperman and then some, and he can't do anything without it fucking himself and everyone else over, of course that'd drive anyone insane.