How can America even compete?

How can America even compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2017/film/news/j-j-abrams-your-name-remake-paramount-1202574994/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

By covering their eyes and ears

how can i watch this? legally

Did Keit Ai find a way?

I genuinely felt like KnK was the better movie last year. I mean, this was good, but I felt it was missing an entire part of the movie in the middle.

Plus it constantly feeling like it was going to end, then bam, it keeps going was jarring.

kys weeb

With a live action movie adaptation.

Shelter

fuck off weaboos

By hiding your thread

Zootopia was the best movie of 2016. Deal with it, weeb

Netflix will add it in his stream service.

By making something with an interesting story, memorable characters, and no plot holes about characters not knowing what year it is.

>LALALALALA

ez

We did it with The Lake House, we'll do it with this.

The answer is a CG Keanu and Sandra.

$20 on Amazon for the BD. Probably another month or three before it is shunted to Crunchyroll/Netflix.

By occupying their country for the last 80 years and turning their entire race into a bunch of girly men

>shity anime school drama
wew lad

>characters not knowing what year it is.
they literally went the The Lake House route?

And they threw this all away to make Shrek.

Most of anime is moe shit

>tfw had to watch this every major christian holiday so that we could understand the true suffering of the chosen people

>that’s a nice movie you’ve got there
>it would be a shame if someone were to release a feature the voter’s grandchildren would enjoy in the same year

What? There was almost nothing about school involved outside of some setting things.

Please dont spoil yourself.

This goes for everyone in the thread who hasnt already seen Your Name. Like anime, hate anime, what Your Name excells at is playing your emotions and expectations like a fiddle, but this only works if you go into it blind. Reading up on the movie beforehand will destroy your ability to enjoy it in a way you can never take back.

So do yourself a favor and dont spoil yourself on it. Thats unironically the best advice I can give you.

>How can ______ even compete?
So that's the new shit meme I have to figure out how to filter, huh.

When you know that these characters live 1 year apart all you can see is how terrible this movie is. Not knowing this doesn't make the movie any better, it just makes it harder for the viewer to realise how bad it is.

fuck off

Yeah. Shame that this thread started with such a bait OP. I think there is a real interesting discussion we could have about Kimi No Na Wa and what it would take for the west to do something similar.

Because even ignoring the obvious production values on it, KnnW shows a level of directorial skill and thematic layering that you arent going to get if your movie is aimed at kids or too busy trying to prove itself as mature by making weed jokes. I honestly dont think there is an animation niche in the west that would allow a KnnW equivalent to get made right now.

I have not watched that shit.

pretty much.

Thats like saying The Prestige becomes shit if you know what the twist is, instead of making rewatches a treasure trove of clues and foreshadowing you never knew to look for. In both movies, there is so much detail spelling out the truth that you dont realize the importance of on your first watch, because how could you?

I love movies like that.

I love stories like that in general. Seeing all the hints and everything.

It shows how well crafted it really is.

by giving girls more than one face

Yep. Your Name in particular does what I think is a downright masterful job of dazzling you with spectacle and bombarding you with information in the first half hour specifically so you dont have time to process everything you are seeing, because if you did you would realize something wasnt adding up before the big reveal. Its got some other flaws as a result, but that part was really well crafted.

>weebs think shit high school romance animu is better than furry kino

By making it worse of course
variety.com/2017/film/news/j-j-abrams-your-name-remake-paramount-1202574994/

This upsets me. There are plenty of anime properties that would translate to western film just fine they could pick. But Your Name is a really, REALLY Japanese story. I can't imagine an American berson of it working. Like, at all.

For fucks sake, the entire metaphysics of the plot is only explained by the meaning of one specific word in Japanese. Everything spins on that load-bearing axle, and I dont think the story can survive its replacement.

I was confused on how grandchildren would like a buddy cop movie with racial undertones when i remember that moana existed.

Man, that movie was so unremarkable for like 90% of the stuff that was on screen.

having 3 cute sidekicks with one being so damn superior to the other 2 and the visually good song being tied to a "villain" that's there just to sing the song and then be forgotten for the rest of the movie really hurt the whole thing

>the entire metaphysics of the plot is only explained by the meaning of one specific word in Japanese
Mind explaining it? been a while since i saw and i don't speak moonrunes

I thought it was just decent. Very overrated.