Who was wrong here?

I don't remember, but Lisa is always insufferable so probably her.

Lisa, for being a dumb bitch and trying to put a giant piece of plastic paper meshe on a dinner table when it’s thanksgiving

Bart.
This was back when Lisa behaved like a child and was sweet, in a way.
He wanted to move her display for the turkey and got needlessly dickish about it.

Bart

Marge and Homer for not stepping into the situation before it even reached this point.

The adults for just staring at them while they were fighting
Bart for being a dick

Marge for telling a 10 year old boy he'd ruined Thanksgiving.

Bart for not waiting ten seconds while they rearranged the table so both could fit.

You for watching zombie simpsons

>Season 2
>zombie simpsons

Pretty much Bart.

Only the Ullman shorts are good, obviously

The answer is bart but he didn't know any better, and marge is for screaming but its a high stress situation but she's still a young mom and it's easy to overreact

Young mom? She's been a mother for a decade.

Bart, he was being a real cunt

Need a tier list of the different kinds of Simpsons purists
From Ullman only fans to people who unironically love new episodes
Or the evil tier which is people who's favorite episodes are celebrity appearance ones

Bart legitimately. He was being a brat throughout the episode even before he ruined Lisa's centerpiece ("Mom it's broken! Mom it's broken! Mom it's broken!"). And he was bringing in the turkey like he'd cooked it or something, when he'd been nothing but a nuisance up until that point.

There are lots of episodes where Lisa's a cunt and deserves to be shit on, but this was a base where Bart was genuinely being a little shit all episode long and did owe her an apology.

Ultimately this. Sibling envy and child attention whoring aside the real culprit here is poor parenting.

>Lisa became more and more remorseful about Bart the entire episode and then they have a pure brother and sister kiss
Simpsons, come back.

Sneed, for not feeding them enough

>Not Chuck for leaving
How does it feel being the wrongest man in wrongville?

maybe young is the wrong word, but she and homer werent exactly prepared to be parents, and its still easy to get in over your head

Mostly Bart honestly, but Lisa, Homer, and Marge all fucked up too. It's a surprisingly realistic scenario, considering it would be easy to make it a black and white "Bart is a prick, he needs to apologize" episode. They do a good job showing that the family got caught up in the moment and regret it later.

Bart. Lisa did nothing to provoke him , he insulted it and proceeded to shove it out of the way. But honestly the parents should have intervened. Missed when the Simpson kids actually acted like kids.

This is what I loved about early simpsons, the family situations felt very relatable.

does Lisa still do prank calls or watch Itchy and Scratchy?

She was more of a fan of the 'Happy Little Eleves' back in the day.

Nah, she a feminazi cunt now and don't do kids stuff anymore

This is genuinely the only time Lisa wasn't wrong.

They dropped that by the end of season one when it became obvious that it didn't fit the character, or had limited joke potential. Same way Bart hasn't seen a Space Mutants movie since season four or so.

This.

It was one of those Ullman short leftovers.

Ding Ding, on the money. This was when the kids were kids, not a literal anti-Christ child and a SJW who's too young to be so world-weary. And the parents were just dysfunctional, but still stable caregivers instead of a dumbass with a naggy wife.

>and a SJW who's too young to be so world-weary
But Lisa has been that since "Moaning Lisa".

>strolls into his coworker's office making braaaping sounds and singing Take Me Out to the Ball Game to no one

Who was in the wrong here?

ding ding ding

Those early episodes were freaking dark, man. I blame it on James L. Brooks; he's always loved melodrama and after Jean & Reiss took over as showrunners, they made the show funnier and not as grim.

How was she was remotely SJW just for learning that music is how she expresses herself?

>Sup Forums autists when they watch this episode
Season 6 and after Homer is always like this, I don't see why this episode triggers them so much
Unless they relate to Grimey's tragic story of hardship and mediocrity

Both for not fucking each other

Lisa. She could have put that shit on the coffee table if she was going for an aesthetic holiday but instead needed to know everyone saw it and decided the dinner table was the best spot.

Honestly, I felt like Frank was the one in the one for the most part. Sure, Homer does have things easy and is practically blessed, but it's no reason to shit on the man like he's entirely undeserving. Frank just acted like he was entitled good things because of how crap his life was instead of trying to actually improve himself and wound up going nuts.

Then they shat on his character and made him into some kind of hooker loving chump with a prostitute-baby bastard child.

Bart

The education system for reinforcing the harmful stereotype that there is no place in the world for men and targeting young boys self steem while also refusing to aknowledge that boys need to be taught differently to girls
Springfield for not providing a single positive role model for Bart, no wonder he is a delinquent, who can he aspire to be? The town drunk? The principal who lives with his mom? Another ant working for the nuclear plant?
The Simpsons family, the entirety of it for breeding the worst traits possible for men
The local government for not providing a safe environment where young boys can burn their excess energy in a healthy way and feel accomplished and proud of themselves, especially the ones who don't have academic inclinations

Alright cowboy, calm yourself before you shoot up a school or something.

What the fuck did I read? What the hell kind of drugs are you on? Are you insane? Stupid? I'm genuinely curious to know.

His supplements he bought off the Infowars website are kicking in.

>Who was wrong here?
Whoever up-scaled that image.

I love the Season 2 animation; the HD stuff is so terrible and soulless-looking.

It's a non-answer but not especially bizarre or difficult to understand. Cool it with the over the top bewilderment.

I think they were talking about the world weary part. An 8 year old having depression isn't impossible, though.

Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder was the last episode to feature the Happy Little Elves, possibly because Al Jean wrote it and he decided to throw in a nostalgic little throwback to the very early days of the show.

That reaction wasn't over the top in the least.

Pretty sure it is, just extremely unlikely unless the kid is some kind of seriously fucked up household. As for her being world weary, that's not a SJW trait, just a mature one, which isn't exactly normal for a kid, but then again she's a cartoon.

What about fans of the clip shows?

8 year olds do tend to be a bit on the moody side.

>And he was bringing in the turkey like he'd cooked it or something, when he'd been nothing but a nuisance up until that point.

Wasn’t that the whole point? He’d spent the entire day trying to be helpful but just kept fucking up again and again and getting shooed away. Then he was given one simple task that he’d definitely get lots of the kind of attention he was craving for doing and he couldn’t possibly fuck up, and suddenly somebody else’s dumb thing was in the way and that’s why he got so pushy.

I mean, you’re still right, Bart was in the wrong and the entire episode was built around how he needed to learn to understand Lisa’s feelings and apologize to her, but the episode also really wants the audience to sympathize with Bart. The only reason Bart even becomes able to understand Lisa’s feelings about the centerpiece is because he also worked really hard that day (for him- he’s just not as good at working hard as Lisa is) and had his day ruined, he just never had a fancy centerpiece to show for his efforts because he’s a fuckup.

I miss those elves. They should have had a comeback at some point.

Tier 1- Life in Hell is good, the rest is trash
Tier 2- The Ullman shorts bruh
Tier 3- the first 4 seasons
Tier 4- Season 5-7
Tier 5- Season 8-10/left for Futurama
Tier 6- Post Y2K-Pre-Movie era
Tier 7- Post-Movie era
Tier 8- Sampsans are legitimately entertaining
Tier 9- As are robot Burns and dog Smithers

>Springfield for not providing a single positive role model for Bart, no wonder he is a delinquent, who can he aspire to be?

I hate to take the bait, but I just want to interject that this early on in the show, Bart legitimately idolized Krusty the Clown.

This.

It was a bit more sitcomy than how the show later evolved.

Man, why does every Simpsons thread have some autists bitching about the HD animation?

Because HD sucks TO THE EXTREME

It sucks?