ITT: Post the best and wittiest burns or insults in cartoons and comics

ITT: Post the best and wittiest burns or insults in cartoons and comics

You first

Go read the death of superman

The classic

>Even Hellboy respects the burn

There were a lot of Superman comics between 1992 and 2005, and many of them were good.

Wally just doesn't fucking care about Batman.

Why was batman such an asshole?

How the fuck did Geo-Force not murder her as a kid? Terra is the most stuck-up, self-righteous bitch in comics.

The death of superman is a very specific comic issue from 1992 that's about superman dying to doomsday, that's what batman was referring to.

“Hey Bruce? Fuck you.”

SuperGod was really enjoyable. Bless you Ellis, you adorable bearded bastard.

Because Infinite Crisis was specifically about how DC's heroes had lost their way, and one of the key problems was that Batman was an asshole.

This scene is meant to set up the motif of the three of them overcoming those problems.

Yes I know what Death of Superman is. I'm saying that Batman (read: Johns) was basically saying that Superman hadn't been inspirational since his death and return, which was over a decade prior and ignores a lot of great Superman comics that had come in between.

Why does Johns write such a terrible Batman?

What's this from?

It's still a pretty nasty sting from batman

>nulobo was a member of the titans

It was really obvious he didn't get to do all he wanted with it, but what he got out was pretty fantastic. Loved Supergod.

All of The Butlering

This page could be a cool moment if it weren't ruined by "Ohhh snap!" or Hank throwing in the unnecessary "bitch".

There's already a spit-take to react to Reed, and adding "bitch" just makes Hank sound like a teenager starting a fight.

sauce on that?

Is from Superman: For Tomorrow.

post more Batman bullying

What run are these from?

That's not the evil one, you retard.

Moore's.

wow.
shocker.

I need more insults and burns against Batman!
And More Flash content.

ONE PUNCH

Best burn in this is when Pym says "Dr. Richards?" and Reed replies "Hank?" You want to tell another Ph.D that you own them, call them by their first name after they refer to you as "Doctor."

too bad this couldn't be finished so we could see this dirt bag drawn and quartered for being a living human weapon and war criminal.

Wasn't supergods one of the comics he lost when his hard drive crashed?

>we must micro manage the economy

Yes because that works out so well.

Johns hates batman.

I hate Kitty but this was ok

It's not, especially when batman was devastated by superman's death and that comic came out after Superman/Batman was probably the broest they had been since the silver age.

Johns pretty much shit on years of development of both calling each other brothers for the sake of making batman into a huge dick.

That's Terra 2 who is an alien(?) clone(?) of Terra(?)

He's a vampire named Dagon

Geoff Johns doesn't hate Batman

So unlike other writers he doesn't make Batman an unbeatable god, but a man with flaws who fails sometimes and who can get called out by other characters when he's being an asshole, therefore he must HATE Batman

I guess Denny O'Neil hates Batman, too

>Wally gave him the idea in the first place that eventually led to him getting written out of canon
Comickino

how has no one said this to barry allen? with him it's actually true!

anyone got a scan of that page from the funeral for a friend arc where he says as a sign of respect, he's going to play by supes rules when he apprehended that thief in metropolis?

It did in the comic. 'Cause they were superhuman.

- Sometimes political beliefs can spoil the fun.

Might have been? I'm not sure. If so, at least it got a conclusion, then.
>tfw we'll never see how doktor sleepless ends

To be fair, this was after the League mind-raped him.

Every time. EVERY time. You Johnsfags are all like "You just don't like it because he doesn't write Batgod!" Lmao it's comedic at this point. His Batman is petty, uncaring, self-obsessed, abusive, childish, stupid...just a generally bad person and pathetic excuse for a "superhero". Johns writes Batman more as an antagonist than a hero.

You are exposing yourself as a retard comparing his Batman to O'neil's.

>So unlike other writers he doesn't make Batman an unbeatable god

You mean like In the Nolan movies? Mask of the phantasm? Year one? gothic? Venon? or the rest of legends of the dark knight?

You have said the same shit 100 times before, why you keep ignoring the fact that "batgod" isnt the most popular version of the character, We all know from Johns's mouth he didnt read batman as a kid, the funny thing is that the same people that hates batman usually says johns doesnt. Batman fans have no issue with pirate batman, vampire batman, campy batman, noir batman, edgy batman, batman beyond, and yet you call those people close minded because they don't like Johns's take on the character??

Fuck off.

Jesus Christ Clark

"Jesus Christ" is Clark Kent's middle name. It's like you haven't even seen MoS, BvS, or JL... :)

Honestly I like this because the whole detective aspect of Batman is practically a vestigial aspect of the character a lot of the time and doesn't get a lot of actual use, mostly just convenient jumping around because writing detective work is hard. More emphasis has gone to is fighting skills or other physical skills he's developed than anything. So I like this as Bruce early-on having an unfocussed idea of just how to go about being batman, and him becoming the worlds greatest detective being something he fell into because of the needs of the job rather than it being something he actively aspired to from day one. He goes in with a lot of anger and unfocussed rage, just wanting to crack heads and cause terror.

This lex is 10 times better than the "sexy lex"

>>>>>>>>>>>>wally

Yeah, except he's not a good fighter either. He's not a good anything in Earth One, just a complete utter total fuckup.

>So I like this as Bruce early-on having an unfocussed idea of just how to go about being batman, and him becoming the worlds greatest detective being something he fell into

And that would make him an absolute moron. No ssmart person would want to fight crime without learning the skills needed for that, a batman that steps into evidence? that's a moron.

>He goes in with a lot of anger and unfocussed rage, just wanting to crack heads and cause terror.

the whole point of batman is how he focus all his energy in better himself to help others. That's why he talks about a mission, a crussade, and not the "struggle".

DETECTIVE COMICS

The transition of Kitty's face in those last two panels is fantastic

He bought toys and isnt smart enough to test them before going out.

If you lookl at the belt you will understand why he calls him wally.

That was brutal.

It is Wally though, it's from the now classic The Return of Barry Allen.

I wish somebody story time it
I've always wanted to read it but I'm to cheap to buy a comic and I have never found it online

Picking on BvS is, at this point, like picking on Twilight for being a bad movie, it's not clever, it's not funny anymore, and perhaps more importantly, it's not new either, just the same old tired jokes repeated ad nauseam.

that comic came out just after BvS came out

I know m8, i'm pointing out that even if it looks old you can look at the belt and know

He didn't post it after it came out now did he?

No it didn't. Why tell lies in the Internet?

People don't stand up for Twilight and insist it's 2deep4u

not anymore, but they did for years. How old are you newfag?

Imagine being this new hahaha
Also, who gives a shit what other people think? Stop being so miserable

I don't know what planet you do your arguing on, but on mine, the people who defended Twilight didn't claim it was some kind of high art, they just said "I like trashy romance novels, stop picking on me"

I've seen a lot of people saying the same thing about BvS, "I just like grimdark superhero flicks, stop picking on me"
There were definitely a lot of fangirls who claimed it was deeper than people gave it credit for.

lazy fucker you can easily find it online.

is this post a joke? Teenage women acted like twilight was the second fucking coming. obviously you were too scared to ever talk to them

Just read the issues #204 to #215 from Superman Vol 2, you can do it on readcomics.to.

>Dayton

Mento?

Sorry wrong thread

When a 15 year old whose vagina gets wet for the modern equivalent of Fabio uses the word "deep", it's not really the same kind of conversation as when some pretentious asshat who talks like they went to film school calls a movie "kino" because the cinematography is full of biblical imagery and allusions. They might both use the word "deep" but one of them is using words without knowing what they actually mean because they're young and uneducated, while the other actually means what they're saying, they're just misguided.

I don't even like Spider-man and that's one of my favorites.

Red Skull around any other villian.

>Teenage women acted like twilight was the second fucking coming.

It was the second fucking cumming. The first fucking cumming was when they read the trashy books.

Got a chuckle

I dunno I'd think most shitposters are happy.

Do you think people who post lost are depressed instead of doing light chuckles?