Is Mario a superhero?

Is Mario a superhero?

He's Super Mario.

I remember on the back of the box of the first Sonic game in America saying that Sonic is a super hero.

>fights evil to defend the innocent
>has super powers
>sometimes wears a cape
I'd say so.

>has "super" in his name
>is a hero

Pretty much, yeah.

Beyond that. He's Super Mario.

If he doesn't call himself a superhero, he's not a superhero.

Nope. Similar, sure, but not the same thing. For example, no sane person would ever call The Shadow or Zorro a superhero despite being very similar in concept. Neither would anyone call Mario a superhero despite wearing a costume and fighting evildoers. You may as well call Samus Aran a superhero at that point. It's hard to articulate, but there's a clear line where one can tell the difference between a straight up superhero, and just a hero.

>You may as well call Samus Aran a superhero at that point

Is there any reason why she isn't one?

samus aran is a hero though

He is to me. He is a Hero, He is Super and he inspires.

That’s a fancy way of saying “No, because I said so.”

She is, but she's not a superhero.

Being a mercenary for one. She doesn't patrol the streets looking for crimes to stop, nor does she have a secret identity to maintain. There's a certain set of conventions and aesthetic cues that superheroes follow that other types of heroes don't.

Japanese don’t believe in capekino, but he and OPM are the closest things they have.

Objectively not an argument.

If Iron Man is a superhero, then Samus is a superhero.

Hell, there's even more of an argument that can be made for Samus since she has superhuman strength and agility thanks to her infused Chozo DNA.

What is the entire Toku genre?

You're kidding, right

No but he'll be owned by Disney in 6 years tops

no, faggot.
Mario is not a superhero.

>don't believe in capekino
>made Wonderful 101

Ye

No. He's a Super Star.
There was a whole song about it.

Real question... Is Mario really 24 years old?

>having extranormal abilities and fighting villains automatically makes one a superhero
You're kind of fucking stupid, aren't you?

I'm stupid for believing someone with superpowers who is a hero and fights villains is a superhero?

What are your qualifications for a superhero then?

God lord. Why is so hard to understand the concept of superhero? Fucking bunch of virgins
Mario is not a superhero

Serious though, what's the requirements for being a super hero? Of course you have to have powers of some sort and a costume, but what else do you need? A secret identity? To be world famous in your universe? To exist on earth and be human? Maybe it just has to be self proclaimed because there's several traditional super heroes that violate the above criteria.

Pretty much.

So much so that Wonderful 101 was originally going to be a Mario game with Mario and friends as the costumed heroes until it was made into it's own thing. Horrible decision on their part in my honest opinion.

>horrible design
>depriving the world of Wonder Red
nah

The aesthetic. Superheroes have a certain look about them where you can just tell. Take Wonder Woman for example, you got the glamorous celebrity vibe, the costume, and you instantly recognize that this person is a superhero. Samus is an adventurer, more in the vein of Flash Gordon or Adam Strange than your typical cape.

Kek, this

>no sonyboys throwing a fit at the sight of anything nintendo
>no BING BING WAHOO yet
how refreshing, Sup Forums really is a shithole

>Wonderful 101 was originally going to be a Mario game

Got a sauce on that?

Well now a good game gets played by like 10 guys in the whole world due to no brand recognition so you can have your not-Viewitful Joe.

Congrats

Not an argument.

If Deadpool is a superhero, Samus is.

Samus wears a flashy costume too though. I think you're really just saying that a superhero is a superhero because they're accepted as a superhero.
If they have powers and use them to fight villains, that's a superhero dude.

If we accept generally that all of the Marvel and DC heroes are superheroes, the definition is pretty broad. All you can truly say they all have in common is that they have superpowers and they fight villains.

Japan literally made the greatest superhero story ever told.

Whos is faster Flash or Mario after building up speed for 12 hours with 0.5 presses?

>Bowser
>Princess Shroob
>Fawful
>Wario
>Waluigi
>King Boo
>Dimentio
>Cackletta
>Bowser Jr.
>King Bob-Omb
>Sir Grodus and the X-Nauts
>Antasma
>Smithy
>Tatanga
>Wart

Mario does have a pretty decent Rogue's gallery and most wouldn't be too out of place if put into the DC or Marvel universe.

No, he is Italian.

If New Dunk City is actually where he comes from then he is clearly some class of mutant.