ITT: writers that only had done one good thing

ITT: writers that only had done one good thing

Co-writing Cabin in the Woods?

Because that's the only good thing of his I can think of.

Astonishing wasn't bad.

dumb OP

I bet the stoner was 100% Whedon, he's got the stink of "know-it-all asshat" all over him.

Toy Story probably

>Co-writing Cabin in the Woods?

The only thing Whedon contributed to that script were all the bad ideas. So I wouldn't even give him credit for THAT being his one good thing.

>"muh f-firefly"

Buffy and Dr. Horrible were great, though.

>>"muh f-firefly"

The carbon copy knock-off of Outlaw Star that got cancelled after 2 broadcast episodes? THAT'S considered Whedon's "one good thing"? I guess if you set the bar low enough...

Astonishing was good. Buffy was good.
Firefly/Serenity
Dr Horrible
Cabin
Wow. Way more "good things" than OP

Firefly is OK, Farscape is better

ITT: people who did everything wrong
pic related

>cabin in the woods didn't have a Clue style multi plot release with different monsters before they find the scientists

C'mon now

His Action Comics run, the Legion storyline in particular, is so fucking good. I loathe everything else of his. Edgelord fanfic, all of it.

It's because he doesn't actually give a shit about horror, if he did he'd have given the scientists a far fairer shake than just "HAHA THESE DUMMIES DIED BECAUSE FUCK HORROR MONSTERS AMIRITE".

God that movie made me so angry, the """""bad guys""""" were 100% more entertaining and actually right than the stoner and his supernatural ability to recognize his role in a horror movie even though he had no fucking reason to be that cautious from any narrative standpoint. And besides all that, who the fuck does Whedon think he is, acting like he's so much better than the people who enjoy horror and slasher flicks?

The story about him buying cereal, and being kicked out of the store is better than any fiction he's written.

I don't know this story go on

I didn't like that movie.

Do we not like Dr. Horrible anymore?

He posted it on Twitter a while ago, someone probably has the collage of it all.

see
Horrible was so good.

Do we know this for sure or are you just assuming

OP better be talking about Dr Horrible

I will fucking fight all of you

Doctor Horrible was okay

How is DC Universe Rebirth an edgelord fanfic?

Dr. Horrible was only enjoyable because of NPH and the decent performance from Fillion. The actual writing of Dr. Horrible is, fittingly, fucking horrible.

>Picture not related

Garbage-tier fanfic new villains instead of picking from one of the best rogues galleries in comics.

My apologies, DCU Rebirth is a book in which characters cry and hug and cry some more and then there's a crossover between two of the writer's favourite things (Batman and Watchmen) and adds nothing new to the canon. It is in no way like fan fiction.

The weed negated the gas that turned them into cliches, he had no super power

And the edge lord part, faggot?

>Toy Story
>Buffy the Vampire Slayer
>Angel
>Firefly
>Serenity
>Dr Horrible
>Cabin in the Woods
>Avengers
>Astonishing X-Men
Say what you want about Whedon being a philanderer, but the son of a bitch knows story structure.

I’m pretty fucking sure whatever he contributed to Toy Story was minor in the final product.

I still count it as a writer's credit.

I would say Frank Miller but I don't think one panel of All-Star Batman and Robin counts as a whole "thing"

remember when twitter was a bit of harmless fun

That's why I like the GotG movie so much... it's basically Farscape with friendly Peacekeepers.

Fuck off. Owls movie was comfy.

>I didn't read his JSA
>Ignore my opinions

Will do.

Doctor > Horrible.

Never liked it.

Good one. Took me a moment there.

It was a blight and a disgrace to the actual books.

300 was good at least the action scenes.

The actual books were shovelware.

Are you just saying words and hoping they mean something?

Sin city?
Elektra?
Year one?
Daredevil?
DKR

The songs are really good. Honestly, I think musical songwriting is Whedon's real talent, cause the Buffy musical episode was also great.

I hate him, I hate his shrill politics and constant screaming. I hate his "feminist" hypocrisy when he was cheating on his wife the entire time with every actress, set girl, and groupie at cons he could get his hands on. I also honestly believe the election of Trump legitimately drove him mad.

Having said that, Buffy is great, mostly still holds up, and always will have nostalgia value for me (ymmv). Angel is good when taken as part of the Buffyverse and while flawed has some great moments. The Avengers is a very enjoyable movie and the flagship of the MCU and has greatness in it. He's not a hack. He actually has talent and he's extremely good at quips.

I've been conflicted about Dr. Horrible for awhile but I think that really nails it. Two out of three of the main leads are good to excellent and carry as much of the film as they can, the last main lead is godawful and so is everything else.

The Nightmare Before Christmas does not count towards his 1 good movie total because that was Henry Selick's movie.

You think Whedon actually watched Outlaw Star?

>Buffy/Angel
>Firefly
>Avengers 1
Sorry, boss, you failed.