What was Peter's problem with The Godfather?

What was Peter's problem with The Godfather?

It insists upon itself.

But what does that even mean? He doesn't even explain it

The language he's speaking is a language of subtlety. It's something you don't understand.

he's a literal retard, his opinion doesn't count for much

I took it to mean either pretentious or unsubtle.

Always Sunny did this so much better

It's probably just his way of saying it's pretentious, thinks it's better than it is.
Its Always Sunny does everything better.

He finds the movie's attempts to make the Mafia look noble and classy pathetic and delusional.

Seemed to mean that it was a story that didn't need to be told on its own merits.

it's shallow and pedantic

It treats its subject matter as more serious and important than it deserves to be

But the movie presents that idea only to undercut it. Vito seems noble in some ways but his son rapidly turns brutal and callous upon succeeding him.

It not subtle or nuanced. It tasteless and lukewarm.
But, it alright.

It's horrific violence from the get go.

I love you guys

perhaps

I loved 'The Money Pit'. Okay. That is my answer to that statement.

This uniroically explains perfectly why I dislike Duckman

well I think you insist that youre a faggot with shit taste.

I didn't understand what he said either until I tried to read "The Fountainhead". That is a perfect example of something "insisting on itself." It's the perfect way to describe that.

He's too much of a pleb for it and tries to play off his shit taste with a snarky observation.

It's never portrayed as bad though, it's a necessity that wins the day.

But Micheal turns into an asshole.

>it's never portrayed as bad though
The whole movie is literally about Michael beginning his downward spiral from humanity and becoming the thing his father most dreaded in the world, I'd say that's pretty bad especially with its continuation in Part II with Michael having none of his humanity left.
I mean shit he loses both his brothers and his marriage (with family being the most important thing to the Corleones) by the end of the second film.

Peter didn't even finish the fucking film and he thinks he has a right to critique it.

i don't recall Always Sunny hating on the godfather

How can he say he doesn't like it if he hasn't even given it a chance?

>Always Sunny literally steals shit from Family Guy

CANT MAKE THIS UP

shit, i forgot about this

Godfather Part 1 is a masterpiece, but lets not pretend its easy to sit through for most people. Peter strikes me more of a Heat guy

I like that movie too

I think he means how Dennis doesn't like Indiana Jones