Oh fuck it's a nostalgia thread

I just remembered I loved the shit out of Dennis the Menace show.

youtube.com/watch?v=QVvA7wUTg7c

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M7VS-ZoeMqs
snopes.com/racial/arts/dennisthemenace.asp
youtu.be/5yljrnv6KZw
toonzone.net/forums/threads/boomerang-february-2007-schedule.4278751/
tvpassport.com/tv-listings/stations/boomerang/2268/2017-12-02
youtube.com/watch?v=PVeL74yf8qQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is the black kid on the back supposed to be Jackson?

it's some token black guy added in the show for muh diversity
don't even remember his name.

I fucking hated to wake up to that shit in the morning

I remember little me liking the Asian girl. The little faggot on the right had a high-pitched whiny voice, the glasses chick was a complete cunt and the black kid was just...there.

Oh and then there's Dennis the Cunt.

I never noticed it before, but was all this shit animated by the Japanese? I see little bits of influence everywhere.

yes, they got Japan to animate some of it.

>haunted house
>underground mines
not exactly something i expect from dennis the menace

Yeah, I think it's the same studio that did Heathcliff (the second series).

Wasn't there some smart kid with glasses in his regular posse as well?

Is there a word for like reverse nostalgia? Stuff that you hated and that you miss it like a migraine?

there's no Asian girl, just some 80's stereotypical Japanese nerd kid and some swarthy Italian mulatto girl.

wow

What's the date on that one?

>mulatto

Good ole, TMS.

youtube.com/watch?v=M7VS-ZoeMqs

well whatever you call little half n half girls nowadays

A lot of 80s shows were outsourced in Japan.

May 13th, 1970.

snopes.com/racial/arts/dennisthemenace.asp

I always remember seeing ads for Dennis The Menace VHS on the various VHS tapes I watched growing up, I don't think I've ever actually seen it though. I feel like most of my experience with a lot of these cartoons is just seeing them advertised on other cartoon tapes

>No commercials, just bumps, promos, and CN Powerhouse era groovies and shorties
>Classic good H-B cartoons like Tom & Jerry, Dastardly and Muttley, Flintstones, Secret Squirrel, Classic Scoob, etc.
>Just an all around comfy channel
youtu.be/5yljrnv6KZw

Looking at the schedule from 10 years ago compared to today is just fucking depressing. They dropped all the original bumpers and the only classic cartoons left airing are Tom and Jerry and Looney Tunes, they also air Nu-PPG and Nu-Ben 10 now
toonzone.net/forums/threads/boomerang-february-2007-schedule.4278751/
tvpassport.com/tv-listings/stations/boomerang/2268/2017-12-02

>Being me in 2007
>Parents get satellite TV packages that include Boomerang
>Watching Boomerang on and off for at about 5 years
>Reruns of early CN originals (Dexter, PPG, Bravo, Swat Kats, 2 Stupid Dogs, etc.)
>Tons of exposure to old Hanna-Barbera and MGM cartoons
>that one Hokey Wolf clip
>The Jabberjaw and Pussycats Groovies
>Getting exposed to HB oddities like their version of Alice in Wonderland and Cattanooga Cats
>Boomeraction
>feels-sad-man

That's the one.

Didn't Matt Groening ultimately create Bart Simpson as a result of seeing this cartoon and how un-menacing Dennis really was in it?

Honorary anime lolita.

I didn't realize most of Sup Forums hated DtM. It wasn't my favorite but I remember it with nostalgia. I'd still love to molest that little red-haired brat girl.

Is TMS still good?
For a period in the 80s and 90s this company pumped out so much good quality stuff.

Not really, no. Their anime work isn't all that hot and what little overseas stuff they've done as of late (the new Lupin series, JL: Dark) are either underrated or stiff.

But don't tell Famicom I said that, he'll start blaming it all on outsourcing.

youtube.com/watch?v=PVeL74yf8qQ

I remember watching this on Boomerang, it's pretty good.

UK Boomerang is pretty much just a dumping ground of bad Canadian CGI shows and the new Scooby Doo, Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry stuff.

>I didn't realize most of Sup Forums hated DtM.
For one, there's more than one "Dennis The Menace".
Euro-assholes have their own completely unrelated red-and-black ugly as fuck Dennis the Menace and they hate Burgerstanians for tarnishing the good name of their cartoon arsehole. So they shit on him every chance they get.

Two, Hank Ketcham the creator of Dennis the Menace (US) is a complete asshole. Dennis is based on his own son and he fucking hated his kid. He was a compulsive workaholic and left most of the job of raising his little deviant on his wife who eventually became so overwhelmed and distraught that she drank and pilled herself to death... at which point, Ketchem shipped his kid off to military school where he eventually joined the service, served in Vietnam and became a drugged-out shellshocked shell of a human being while Ketcham made millions selling comics of his kid being a perpetual asshole.

Ketcham was also a notoriously petty and jealous motherfucker who HATED Charles Schultz and Peanuts because felt his work and particularly his draftsmanship was leagues better. (Even though at the first opportunity he began outsourcing art tasks on DtM to his studio of art assistants...) So, it makes perfect sense reading and finding that this comic is a response to Franklin's appearance in Peanuts.

Lastly, like most syndicated comic shit from this time, it just became a shell of it's former self. By the time it became a syndicated cartoon series it was the one of the most insipid, unnecessary "me too" cartoon on the air. It existed solely to be inoffensive and push Dennis the Dairy Queen mascot on 80's kids so Ketcham could continue to grow old and fat in his mansion in the hills while his son rots in the gutter.

That' too bad.

>But don't tell Famicom I said that,
The fuck meme is this, I've been gone for a while.

>Dennis the Dairy Queen mascot on 80's kids so Ketcham could continue to grow old and fat in his mansion in the hills while his son rots in the gutter.
Wow. I completely forgot Dennis was the spokestoon for DQ. Is the creators son still alive? Did he ever try and sue his dad?

>Hank, who died in 2001, told People in 1993, "I hear from Dennis about once a year, mostly when he needs money."[2]

>The fuck meme is this,
Famicom is a Filipino autist who is notorious for shitting up otherwise decent animtion-related threads on Sup Forums with his grand delusions and misinformation about all things TMS. He has also spread his venomous autism far and wide, and by that I mean Toonzone and TV Tropes. Ignore and report at all costs, for he really and truly a danger to himself and others.

More or less what said. 'Bout the only things I can (barely) believe him on is that TMS outsourced certain episodes of their American works out to other companies. Mainly because they did, but I don't think to the extent Famicom believes.

wait, you mongs went and gave TMS-fag a new name?
what next? a wiki entry and maybe his own ED page?

Was he here two years ago? I somewhat remember that. I left a while back and came back for the Hey Arnold! threads.

Toei did those opening, not TMS, TMS did do The Halloween Door however.
JL:Dark is done by Dr.Movie who is a Korean studio, not TMS.

This is false as Famicom is 100% white and American.

Ah, Christ. Abandon thread everybody.

No, relax.

Shut up, Famicom.

No that was the 50s show when the star of that show was harassed behind the scenes.

Damnit, I meant Doom.

I keep forgetting how many animated JL movies there are. Also, shut up.

No, TMS-fag is the new name, Famicom is what he goes under on TVTropes, ToonZone and dA.

Margaret is cute! Cute!!

canonically false

Dennis always looked too much like his dog for me to be comfortable. Like maybe the dog was his real dad.

>mulatto

Thought for sure she was mestizo.

Doom is almost 100% done by Magic Bus and any Korean & Chinese studios used on Doom were contracted by Magic Bus, not TMS as they only had 4 in house key animators on board on that movie as their main focus at that time was Buta.

Also TMSFag is a different person then Famicom.

>Also TMSFag is a different person then Famicom.
No, they are the same autist.

No they are not, this has been gone over more then once.

the only episode i remember from the cartoon was dennis and margaret got abducted by aliens. the earth was to be destroyed, and as the last two humans left the aliens wanted them to breed

i aint even making it up, that was really an episode

Seriously Fami, where, and how, the fuck do you even know this shit? I would love to know.

Also you're one and the same, shut up.

Man, DiC was fucked up.

>DiC was fucked up.
Indeed.

DEEK.