Dropping the Big 2

How didyou guys do it? I've been trying to sever my ties with Capes for a while now, but I feel as if I'm "betraying" all these characters. I just find no joy in them anymore, and at 4,5 Euros per pop, it'sa pretty steep price to pay. I know I can still just pirate them, but... I feel as if I'm "betraying" these characters. But the truth is, I get much more joy from stuff like Valiant's or Image's books. Just single books, with one story, one tale, a certain cast, and none of the crossovers, filler issues,events, stunts, etc, etc.

How did you do it? How did you sever the ties? I'm trying to cancel Batman because the current run is rubbish but... I've been collecting Batman since a lad. I managed to let go of Deadpool, Spider-Man, X-Men and some others, but Doctor Strange, Moon Knight, Batman and Iron Man I'm still holding on to. MK is good, so I'm keeping it. IM I'm waiting until #600 (not paying for the Bendis issues ATM). But Batman and Strange... I feel I need to cut them off and replace them with some Image titles, but... it's hard.

How do I do it?

What the fuck is wrong with you, you fucking cuck? Just stop buying the shit. Current Batman is fucking trash, so think of it as a fucking disgrace to the past, and this pretty much goes for all cape characters over in Marvel. The only shit worth getting is Superman or Spider-Man RYV, and even then, stop getting weekly floppies and buy trades.

I knew this board was fucking stupid, but goddamn.

B-But ho-how do I S-severthe t-ties? It's betrayal!

Its weaponized autism given the facade of loyalty. I love Cosmic Marvel, I loved DnA GOTG. I grew up loving Spider-Man.

When I saw Bendis GOTG or read OMD, I just stopped reading both of them and moved on. The good stories still exist, and if they ever get good again I can pick them up. If I ever want to collect a complete physical run I can probably get most of the Big 2 comics cheaper than sticker price or collected as trades if they're Marvel.

who gives a shit

literally the only good cape book at DC is Deathstroke and Super Sons and Marvel has nothing

it's all ass

Just by what you enjoy and stop worrying what other people think.

>How did you do it? How did you sever the ties?
Easy...All you have to see is a bunch of bad fanfic actors in costumes of your favorite characters and know that they are no longer the characters you thought they are.

Or like, when I'm reading Bendis...I see a teenage Bendis talking to Bendis in a spiderman costume fighting a villian that's gone full Bendis.

Does wonders for me.

I just dropped Marvel
I still enjoy DC

And well, I guess to answer your conundrum:
I just stopped caring about what Marvel was doing with their comics, I wasn't getting any enjoyment out of their shit anymore so I just stopped.
It's not rocket science, if you start thinking that the thing you used to enjoy has become tedious then just stop.
But then again, I'm usually a cynical piece of shit, so maybe that influenced me in some way.
It varies from person to person, OP, and the reasons for why someone else did something may not resonate within you.
Just do whatever the fuck you want and no one will care.

You're not betraying the characters. They don't exist so you can't betray them. The only person you're 'betraying' is the writers, artists, and business teams--and since you exchanged your money to them and got something less than favorable in return, they pretty much fucked you first. It may seem like you're trying to be loyal to the characters but in reality you're just enabling the people who are truly fucking the characters over to hurt them more, because you're buying the worst they have to offer and therefore they believe you want more of that.

I didn't sever ties completely, but I realized that most cape comics are derivative and not worth the money

>thinking Super Sons is good
>not including Doom Patrol
>not including Astro City

Wake up

These are fictional characters. You are not "betraying" anyone. You're a consumer and what these large comic companies are selling is a product like Campbell's Soup or a lawnmower. Nothing more, nothing less. You're also an adult. If you find no joy in something, isn't it the smart move to stop blowing your money on it? That's kind of the adult decision to make.

>current Doom Patrol
>good
It's trash that's milking Morrison's material then acts like it's highbrow because it's not your daddy's capeshit. It's a creatively bankrupt as Liefeld's innumerable "knock-off of [hero] but with more guns and blood" mockeries.

Your post can be basically reduced down to:
>you have an opinion on a comic book?
>fucking disgusting
I bet you're the kind of autistic fuck that screams at people on the streets for saying they enjoy something that you don't

Does Doom Patrol count as a cape book? Because I'm really enjoying the current run of Doom Patrol.

When the big 2 stop writing the characters you care about in a remotely good way, you'll naturally cut yourself off.

It's capeshit for people that think they're too smart and sophisticated to read your average Spider-Man, Flash or Batman comic book.

>Hurr Durr absurdist superhero comics are for morons, I want more stories about Batman punching the joker!

So if I want to read a comic that has characters with stupid names and even more stupid costumes, that somehow equates to me thinking I am sophisticated when I just want to read a dumb comic that's silly and relishes in being silly?

I'm… ughh… dropping a big 2… right now

Damn man, relax. You seem to be the only autist here