Predict the RT score

Predict the RT score.

about tree fiddy

Depends on how many glorious ass shots they have in the movie.

69'3%

:3

100%, 88% or 00%.

N/A

It's not getting made.

Who the fuck will watch a movie about Batman's sidekick when he isn't wearing his iconic costume (Robin's), has no good villains or great stories, and is generally just a boring Wonderbread character?

>has no [...] great stories
I can't really disagree, but it's not like the live action movies have ever been any sort of faithful adaptation of the comics.

They just need to make the actor hot. Then the fangirls will be all over it. That's how Nightwing has gotten by over the years.

>most famous side kick in history
>his nemesis is Slade
>first appeared in Batman #1 along with Joker and Catwoman

>no great stories
Judas Contract, Black Mirror.
>no great villains
They can use bat-villains for the film.

>most famous side kick in history
Not as Nightwing
>first appeared in Batman #1 along with Joker and Catwoman
Not as Nightwing
>Judas Contract
Not a Nightwing story even if he briefly appears at the end as Nightwing
>Black Mirror
Not as Nightwing
>They can use bat-villains for the film.
Then why not just make a Batman story
>Judas Contract

What Ragnorak a Planet Hulk movie, or was it a Thor movie that took aspect from Planet Hulk and adapted it? That's what they'll do, take aspects from his entire history, and adapt them into a movie. Who says they can't do a Judas Contract movie?

Fuck off, Priest.

People went out in droves to watch movies about Ant-Man and Dr. Strange who hadn't had good stories since their original runs, Iron Man who has even fewer good runs than Nightwing, and will go see a Black Panther movie who's had three good runs in 50 years, and it will be based entirely on Kirby's instead of McGregor's or even yours.

there won't be one

the movie's not being made

Making the movie based on Judas Contract would be a fantastic idea. They get to use Cyborg and Deathstroke who are already important characters in their movieverse, they get to have Beast Boy, Starfire and Raven from their two most popular cartoons since Super Friends, and they get to show Nightwing's origin, basically having their cake and eating it too in regards to still having Robin.

The only downside would be that despite it always being pushed as a Nightwing story it's really more about Terra and Deathstroke, but these movies are so loosely based on the comics anyway that'd be easy to change.

What they did with Planet Hulk is something to avoid, not to encourage in a film.

People watch it cause it's Marvel tho

I love DC, but DCEU really dropped the ball

DCEU is a losing battle against the established standard of MCU to begin with, and WB is bending over themselves to fuck everything up.
People are going to shit on DCEU for not being like MCU, and they are going to shit on it for being like MCU as well. It's a lose lose situation, yet WB came out with the worst option of not being like MCU but also complete shit. It was never going to be good with the "critics", but they made it not good with the audience as well.

I have faith in Aquaman and Shazam.

well stop

It's true that Marvel have fostered a brand loyalty and rivalry with DC (hey, just like they did in the 60's!) and the low quality of the DC films hasn't helped matters, but the WW movie has proven people are completely willing to go see a DC movie with good word of mouth regardless of whether they already care about the character or not.

And again going back to the comics, we know DC is totally capable of turning things around and re-establishing a dedicated fanbase if they're willing to change things up to appeal to the current market, as they did with stuff like TDKR, Byrne's Superman, and even right now with Rebirth, even if they still didn't quite beat out Marvel's sales.

>Who says they can't do a Judas Contract movie?
They already have. Plus then they'd be marketing it as a "Teen Titans movie" not a Nightwing movie.

Well that's a mistake.

Priest doesn’t like Nightwing?

Why?
I thought WW was considered "good".

>DC
>white lead

24%

>And again going back to the comics, we know DC is totally capable of turning things around and re-establishing a dedicated fanbase if they're willing to change things up to appeal to the current market, as they did with stuff like TDKR, Byrne's Superman, and even right now with Rebirth, even if they still didn't quite beat out Marvel's sales.
>implying the people in charge of DC's comic publishing are the same people in charge of WB's movies

Half what it should be

DCEU has had 1 good movie and 5 terrible ones if you include their first attempt to launch the universe. Are you a betting man?

>No good stories
That never stopped literally any other comic book movie being made

Those are Marvel movies. DC can't even get people to see JUSTICE LEAGUE

"Good" by DC standards it's still one of the worst pieces of shit ever filmed

He basically called him a piece of white bread.

And he's right.

>mfw tv Titans fucking bombs with their no-ass Nightwing and boring ass stronk warrior 40fire
>mfw movie Titans suceed with plenty of gratuitous Dick ass shots and beautiful, Walch-inspired Starfire
>and Raven's not a little kid
>and Beast Boy gets DCEU Cyborg to have fun
>and Cyborg builds the T-Car

Are you the same user who has been autistically raging in every thread mentioning WW that all the critics and audiences are wrong and it's actually terrible?

Given the background for those movies, yeah.
>GL was made by people who didn't know what the fuck they were doing
>MoS, BvS and JL had Snyder who, ultimately, had the wrong idea about it all
>SS and JL were both butchered by WB

and for Wonder Woman
>Snyder wasn't the director
>the people behind it knew what they were doing and how to do it
>wasn't butchered by WB
as long as they keep in that direction it should be fine.

Impossible at this stage.

64%

Impossible. The RT score will be entirely contingent on its quality, and as there hasn’t been any casting decisions made, it’s far too early to wring hands over it.

Wonder Woman made 820 at her first movie, no MCU hero did that except spiderman

MCU has been building up hype and box office all these years.
Iron Man 3, Thor 3 and Captain America 3 will end up all having grossed more than a Justice League film.

Your "first five DCEU films vs first five MCU films" analogy was always stupid, and so are you.

What reason do you have to believe the people making Nightwing will know what they're doing? It seems to me that DC has a talent for picking the wrong people for the job.

My last 2 digits.

No you're not, Priest.

I never said anything about Nightwing.

Yes, but people are brainless so judge "cinematic universes" by average of RT scores instead of on an individual basis and ignore the fact that each one is made by completely different directors.

BvS and MoS were bad because they were made by shitty Goyer and shitty Snyder. SS was bad because it had a shitty script. JL was bad because it was made by shitty Snyder and made worse by Whedon who didn't care and just wanted a paycheck.

WW was good because it was made by a decent writer and a good director. Aquaman might be good because it's being done by a decent writer and a good director. The only things that should be a factor in predicting a movie's quality are the people behind the movie, not what fucking fictional universe it belongs to. That's like saying "Priest's Inhumans book is going to be bad because other books at Marvel are currently bad". That makes no sense when his other current book is good.

I never said they were. What I'm saying is people are willing to go against their brand loyalty and preconceptions about a company if their product is appealing and suits their tastes.

I mean, I am going to see them too, and it's good to have faith and enjoy a thing, but don't expect anyone in the mainstream to offer a word of praise about any DC movies.

It's being directed by the same guy who did this. They seem to like him.

He basically called him the embodiment of what is wrong with current comics. He thinks very poorly of the character.

Nightwing's ass is a fucking meme. His attractiveness was never about his ass, it was about his rock hard ottermode body, acrobat's flexibility, dark hair and likable personality.

Look at MCU Bucky, nobody likes him because of his fucking ass, they like him because he's a brooding twink.

Pretty good.

Zero because it will never actually get made.

How many butt shots will there be?

Sorry I misread your posts. James Wan's directing credits are a bunch of horror films so I'm not sure if that's a good sign for an Aquaman movie. The same is true for Shazam.

The cynic in me thinks that WB grabbed them because horror directors are typically small and therefor cheap. They're not looking for someone with the best vision for the character

not even HALF that

That strategy worked wonders for Marvel and worked for Wonder Woman, whereas hiring big name directors and writers for MoS, BvS, SS and JL completely backfired.

>James Wan's directing credits are a bunch of horror films
Wasn't it the same deal with Patty Jenkins? Or at least something similiar.

No James Wan has done a big budget superhero movie before. The Fast and the Furious.

>a horror movie director can never make a good superhero movie

>His nemesis is Slade
LEAVE, WEABOO

If they're actually calling it Shazam, I have no hope for that movie. Especially if they call HIM that, that's always been a terrible idea, along with the retarded hood and having him in the JLA.

The hood wasn't bad, the main problems with it was that it removed his much more kickass cape.

The only thing that'll piss me off with the movie is if they somehow do not cast Rock as Black Adam. Hell he could play Cap too, honestly, it all depends on the makeup and whether he smiles or scowls.

Yes the hood was bad. Captain Marvel has a perfect costume and virtually any attempt to change it can only make it worse. The hood was only tacked on so he didn't look like a palette swap of Superman.

There's not a snowball's chance in hell that they call him Captain Marvel