So fucking good

So fucking good.

been reading it.
Don't quite get it other than its probably all a mental trap he is trying to escape.

At shitting on Kirby? Yeah.

In my opinion, it has been one of the dullest series in the history of comic books. Seriously each issue following the escape artist and his pals from New Genesis as they fight assorted existential threats has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of distortion effects, all to make the divine seem mundane, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when DC vetoed the idea of anyone with talent from pencilling the comic; they made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for their films. The Mister Miracle series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Kirby series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the writing is good though r-right

"No!" The dialogue is dreadful; the comic is terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character from the Fourth World cursed, the author wrote that the character said "Jesus"

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that word was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. King's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Mister Miracle by the same Geoff Johns. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Mister Miracle at 13 or 14, then when they get older they will go on to read Geoff Johns." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Mister Miracle" you are, in fact, trained to read Geoff Johns.

The trap is life.

wew

>nice bait

It's not that nice, it's just modified Harry Potter bait

Big berda>> all dc females

I'm still not sure how Morrison told a much better story through a four issue miniseries that included baggage from other characters.

I had high hopes but as someone completely unversed in the Fourth World I feel it's being lost on me. I'm all for decompression too but it feels like absolutely fucking nothing has happened, I hafta double-check each issue everytime I read it to make sure it was 22pgs

>berda
BARDA

bardo

I see this posted every time MM comes up and I don't see why people say it desu

>shitting on the art
Wrong desu. It's fucking beautiful.

>he fell for the King meme
>literately Bendis-lite

>he fell for the bendis meme
>the bendis meme?
>yes the bendis meme
>you mean the meme, about bendis?
>yes thats right, the meme about bendis and his inability to to write dialog
>so why did he fall for the meme?
>which meme?
>the bendis meme
>oh you mean the meme that we where just discussing
>yes that's right, the bendis meme we where just discussing, why did he fall for this bendis meme?
>clearly there must be something more to this meme than one would expect
>What meme?

>Nice non-rebuttal

>In my opinion, it has been one of the dullest series in the history of comic books.
That's an opinion so whatever my dude.

>Seriously each issue following the escape artist and his pals from New Genesis as they fight assorted existential threats has been indistinguishable from the others.
Yes MM and cast are fighting parademons made specifically to look exactly the same.

>Aside from the gloomy imagery,
That's a style choice, not really a pro or a con

>the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of distortion effects, all to make the divine seem mundane, to make action seem inert.
I disagree with you on the consitancy part. Scott is consistently inconsistent when he is being manipulated by darkseid and the antilife equation. Also if you are reading this for the sake of action, you are choosing the wrong book. The REAL threats and conflict are more abstract than direct (hint, the parademons are a real threat). It's a direction that you may not like but that doesn't mean it's bad.

>Perhaps the die was cast when DC vetoed the idea of anyone with talent from pencilling the comic; they made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for their films.
Bullshit man. The art is stellar and really fits the tone of the story being told. Also, I don't see why you think a that this is supposed to be a cross promotion piece. Like why would the use a "literally who?" instead of a popular hero (not saying Scott's a bad character, just not very well known) to promote yourself.

1/2

>The Mister Miracle series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Kirby series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement.
Bull shit again. King constantly throws back to the original MM and weaves it into the story in a very neat and interesting way.

>The dialogue is dreadful; the comic is terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character from the Fourth World cursed, the author wrote that the character said "Jesus"

>I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that word was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous.
Clearly you missed the point. That moment with Scott being devastated and knocking Orion of his high horse while simultaneously condemning himself, forcing Orion to see his brother eye to eye as he sentences Scott to death. Orion cursing is a clue into how humbling this is for Orion (new gods don't say Jesus, humans do)

>King's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Mister Miracle by the same Geoff Johns. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Mister Miracle at 13 or 14, then when they get older they will go on to read Geoff Johns." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Mister Miracle" you are, in fact, trained to read Geoff Johns.
You are rambling here desu. Stop

2/2

Fucking idiot

Fuck I've been memed on.

Are you on vacation or have you permanently moved from Sup Forums?

Bilbo

Story isn't fantastic and neither is the dialogue. But it's got some damn good art

It's my favorite story I've ever read about the New Gods. I still don't understand what makes the original so good, aside from a really great setting concept and art.

New Gods should be shelved forever. People who were raised under an Abrahamic religion are incapable of doing mythology. They will filter it hard through Christianity, like New Gods, Disney's Hercules or LoTR.

>Disney's Hercules
What, by making Hades the baddie instead of Hera? Seemed more like a "we don't wanna go for the swan rape and angry Hera angle" than anything.

i know youve posted this exact thing before

>"No!"

every time

I wonder who Mitch traced it from like he traced Chechetto and Azaceta

I too like Mr. Memeicle

Well done. I kek'd.

Based