Paranatural

>I'll talk, I'll talk! Just please, stop extending your metaphor!
Kinda weird when the highlight of the page is a background being there.

Other urls found in this thread:

vibecomic.com/extra/page-1-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ooooooh! he's gonna say something wacky!

You're lucky BASED Lucifer is the best, Zack, but you're on thin fucking ice, you hear me?

I wonder how close to the end of this chapter we are post big reveal?

I'm sure the very next page will disappoint you thoroughly.

>tfw you can actually visualize the entire panel
God Zack is so fucking predictable. The "funny" non-answer is probably going to me accompanied by some toony minimalist expression too.

>Haha this complicated birdcage-head design is so cool
>Wait I'm going to have to draw this character multiple times, fuuuuuck

The bane of being a webcomic artist

>2 1/2 weeks for more stalling.
Fucking christ

>Zack
>Caring about people on Sup Forums

There's a better chance of him stopping a good page so he can make a bad page just to piss us off

Also

AAARRRRRRGH MY WRIST

Oh wow, the art is surprisingly good in this page. Zack can really be good if he takes his time.

It's probably too early to say now...but I don't think Paranatural's gonna make past 10 chapters at this rate, let alone 20. He'll just abandon ship like Hanna Is Not A Boy's Name while still tweeting about vidyas, politics and shit.

I don't care if I'm jinxing it, Zack already choked his golden goose when Hitball began. It's so upsetting considering all of the potential this comic could've had from chapters 3 & (pre-Train) 4...

How long did HINABN even run for

AAUGH

>10 chapters
>less than a chapter a year
Just think of how long it will take if he does keep it up.

>20 chapters
That would take 56 years without Zack upgrading to wrist augmentations

Lucifer to come out as gay next page

Nah, It's gonna cut away back to the kids doing something silly!

NYAAAAAAARGH

No, fuck this guy.
This page is padded to fuck so he can continue to stretch his story and milk his Patreon. You should never support comics artists who do shit like this.

>"That blaSTED ZAREI...I CAN'T BElieve I trusted her to dO MY GENDER TRANSITION SURGEry..."

We get one whole background this page!

>PARANATURAL IS BACK!

Now it is only 3 more years for this chapter to end.

I know it's been a long fucking time since chapters three and four, but come the fuck on now. This still looks like shit compared to what he used to put out.

Attention hasn't been brought to it yet but the shadow is already mad as fuck if you look.
Hijack better gtfo pretty quick or he's boned, this isn't a safe head to hang around in.

Seriously, what the FUCK. That cliffhanger is criminal. There is literally no reason to not take up the original page's contents in half a page and then us the other half to actually advance the story. Zack the Hack indeed.

It'll only become unsafe if he takes off Spender's glasses.

>takes off glasses for dramatic effect and to mimic the animes zack loves to emulate so much
>spencer is instagibbed by the shadow

On one hand, you have people who write their works so well in spite of financial / routine risks that those works live beyond their time forever (to paraphrase Jackie Chan)...on the other hand - you have people like Zack who pander at the cost of creative integrity.

Years ago, had I been asked if I wanted Paranatural to be adapted into animation, I would've agreed enthusiatically - the transition from visual elements to audiovisual ones (see: translating the infamous skull language onscreen) would've been a neat experiment befitting Zack's art direction at that time, not to mention the solid self-contained story arcs too. That choice nowadays feels like a life-threatening, risky surgery...

Next page is going to cut away to kids doing something silly, but that page will be delayed to next Friday as Zack takes another week off for wrist pain. The page after that page will go back to what brain guy is saying but by then its February and I stopped caring

It'll cut back to Lucifer's shocked reaction to what Brainguy said, and we will only discover Mina's secret in Chapter 7 in 2020

>Chapter 6 in just 2 years
WOAH, slow down there buddy.

...Wait, can a Hijacked host (that isn't a spectral) pass through the barrier?

Jeff wasn't spirit-solid after all. So Hijack can actually leave town. Not that he's going to survive the chapter.

Nice to see it's still shit after all these years

>So Hijack can actually leave town
The barrier prevents spirits from passing through it. Barrier seems to be on another level beyond standard spectral energy.

Something possessed by a spirit, as long as it isn't a spectral, can pass through fine. Johnny smuggled Forge inside the barrier.

So like Forge, Hijack isn't in physical reality when he's using his power, he's only in a reflection of it inside his target's mind.

You think I'll be dead by the time this arc will be over?

>I don't think Paranatural's gonna make past 10 chapters at this rate, let alone 20.
I think it's going to end about 7 or 8 chapters in at this point with no resolution.

Well he surpassed his mentor in stamina if nothing else.

Vibe-Dan doesn't even have the excuse of wrists.

I don't like this smooshy blobby artstyle. I liked chapter 2's art the best, but maybe it's because it's easier for Zack to draw like this with his malfunctioning wrist.

as much as I hate this comic and Zack, I love Spender's spirit familiar thing.

I miss Vibe.

Dan didn't just quit though, I'm pretty sure there was some kind of blow up between him and Hiveworks, always wondered what.

I went back and what is wrong with the resolution on the first page of Zack's Vibe guest comic. It's mostly just empty black border and really shrunk. vibecomic.com/extra/page-1-4

>zack accepting criticism
>this guest comic he made looks infinitely better than all of chapter 5, despite also lacking backgrounds in most panels
Seeing this feels like I've wandered into some kind of alternate universe. Did he just forget how to do art when he went full tumblr?

AAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH

Zack has changed a lot over the course of the comic. He has a totally different webcomics friend group now. He used to do pencil art with digital colouring in the GIMP and now he has a full digital workflow with Manga Studio. He used to reference the Sup Forums threads in his alt text, now he wants to be ""unpalatable" to Sup Forums. He used to seem like a pretty chill guy in the comments section of his website and now he has deleted the comments section and he only posts hurt feelings and hot opinions on Twitter. He used to draw ridiculously detailed backgrounds (see most of chapter 4) and now he does none.

A lot of these changes happened really quickly around the end of chapter 4, and if I remember correctly, that was around the time he hooked up with Taylor from Monsterkind. I'm not saying it's her fault, but let's not rule out the possibility.

>"SHES BASICALLY ONE OF THE ENEMY SPIES THIS WHOLE TIME ON A SUPER SECRET PROJECT THAT ME AND BLONDIE HAVE BEEN WORKING ON"

Calling it honestly, it feels so predictable at this point from Zack man :/

Correlation isn't causation. His webcomics social circle did seem to shift in 2014 though.

May 2014, Zack Dan and JR were still 'the Trinity' going by tweet/RT on Free Comic Book Day.

Then in June he tweets about Sup Forums, and in July he starts about his love of Tim Curry (TC).

At some point before September, Zack and Dan unfollowed each other on Twitter. Chapter 5 started in December.

It probably wasn't any one person, unless you want to pinpoint the unnamed person he credits with making him become woke by saying he was part of the problem. But one moment like that wouldn't have such a huge influence without everything else.

Honestly during that time a lot of people in 2014 started to get a bit more serious and understanding of SJWs due to Internet Drama bullshit and other stupid shit entirely. Plus he started to be apart of Hiveworks, and they're more liberal than a fucking gay asexual transracial otherkin.

There was that.

Ok, but why SJWism would cause devolving of artstyle into one smushy smudgy blobfest

Minna joined hiveworks too and she doesn't seem to have changed any of her political view. Or have any at all.
She did go from 5 a week to 4 a week tho...

Dunno. People blame Taylor but her webcomic also started out with a unique, good art style that devolved into tumblr blobs over time. There's something out there that has this effect on people but I don't know what it is.

>He used to seem like a pretty chill guy in the comments section of his website and now he has deleted the comments section
>implying these two things are related
It was a bug that allowed commenting on future not-yet released pages...Zack warned them to stop, but they didn't listen.

>hot opinions on Twitter
What, you mean the political tweets? I thought everyone knew it's because of this shitty dumpster fire presidency (one person or another).
t. Non-American