HEY ARNOLD JUNGLE MOVIE FLOPS IN RATINGS

>Nickelodeon
>Nicktoons
>Teen Nick

Guess Season 6 won't be a thing
Aw well, it ended perfectly anyway,

Other urls found in this thread:

thefutoncritic.com/ratings/2016/12/28/nickelodeon-wins-2016-with-kids-and-total-viewers-outperforms-competition-by-double-digits-40211/20161228nickelodeon01/
onehallyu.com/topic/514611-why-is-we-bare-bears-becoming-a-craze-or-super-popular-in-asia/
twitter.com/nickandmore/status/935657231462387713
nickalive.blogspot.com/2017/11/ratings-for-premiere-of-hey-arnold.html
youtube.com/watch?v=yC0AWDBjPng
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nicks average viewers a day is only 1.2 million in 2016

thefutoncritic.com/ratings/2016/12/28/nickelodeon-wins-2016-with-kids-and-total-viewers-outperforms-competition-by-double-digits-40211/20161228nickelodeon01/

Meanwhile...

that doesn't seem bad at all.

So what you're saying is that we're all fucked?

THE LOUD HOUSE ALWAYS WINS BABY! BIG DOG ON CAMPUS!

It isn't, but it wouldn't be a Sup Forums tread without some people falling for easy bait.

>cartoons of the future are gonna all be like TTG or The Loud House
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>CN's biggest draw can't beat a random Loud House episode
How fucked are they when TTG ends?

QUADS OF TRUTH

>SpongeBob will finally get to RIP now that Nick has a new show to milk

Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing

It's not bad, but it did really poorly compared to Loud House and TTG.

I want Savino back and a movie to end the Loud house. Besides, it doesn't need a heavy based story line, nor a lore. It's only a simple cartoon that anyone could follow, with a simple slice of life episodes.

>Savino
No.

Corrections.

Too late, Sup Forums has forever branded the Jungle Movie as a flop.

>The most watched cartoon is The Bauhaus followed by TTG
>mfw

>random Loud House episode
>random
It was a brand new episode.

Season 6 now?

Wait... but that's good.

Am I being rused?

quick, everyone reaction image to this so Sup Forums actually looks at it

No, nickelodeon literally cancel and kill the future staff after this post

Holy fucking kek. Clearly there are more Latin Americans than I thought.

>Latin Americans
Nigga, what?

A massive percentage of Hey Arnold fans are from south America. I'm talking like, 40% of them.

You need to let go, user. Neither of those things are going to happen.

>massive percentage of Hey Arnold fans are from south America
This got to be a joke. Why would South America like Hey Arnold?

I'm probably the last person to be asking this, but it tickles my curiosity as someone who follows ratings for many shows.

1) Did Nick advertise this a lot? They admittedly don't advertise much outside of the Nick channels themselves, but it's worth wondering

2) What was the advertising like? Oriented for kids, or oriented for "millenials" who grew up with the original show?

3) What do the ratings actually break down to, in terms of demographics? 1.1-1.7 mil viewers doesn't matter to a kids' network if only a minority of those viewers are kids.

>This got to be a joke. Why would South America like Hey Arnold?

I have absolutely no idea. I remember some Anons talking about it on here one time but from everything i've seen from the fandom it is definitely true. A good amount of comments on youtube videos are in Spanish along with comments on Bartlett's instagram, lots of fanfiction, fan videos etc. I have no idea why.

Wouldn't be surprised if Nick is airing reruns there.

It flops in ratings because people don't watch TV unless theres a huge event happening that people want to see live or at premiere. We live in an age of cable cutting. What kind of moron goes by TV stats? This is about as dumb as Sup Forums pushing the narrative that the NFL is dying because people watch the games and game highlights on Fire Sticks, Videogame consoles, laptops, and more instead of sticking to the neilsen box. Meanwhile they have no response as it pertains to Super Bowl ratings.

You have to be aware of the culture you're living in, how it's shifting and understand exactly what you're doing when you try to draw conclusions, especially through statistics because pulling numbers blindly and making models off of closed ranges will put you in a worse position than anything else when encountering a new range or medium.

I didn't know it aired yet

Also, keep in mind you can watch the Jungle Movie on Nick's official website. All I had to do was sign in based on my ISP and got to watch it. So I'd wager that without Internet viewers numbers, it's not an accurate picture to just look at only TV ratings.

THIS IS WHY YOU DO NOT NEVER BRING BACK NOSTALGIA. EVER.

YOU HAVE TO REINVENT THE WHEEL.

TODAY'S TRENDS AND THE TRENDSETTERS LIVE IN FAST TIMES. YOU GOTTA KEEP UP WITH THEIR SPEED OR YOU'LL GET BURIED IN THEIR FOOTSTEPS THEY IMPRINTED INTO THE FUCKING DIRT.

YOU TRIED CRAIG, YOU TRIED.

THANKS.

You dope.

>1.14 million on a cable channel
>flop
In what world?

>Savino back
Monkeys paw: he comes back and regains full creative control but comes out as a trans woman and says his show shall reflect both his childhood and his future going forward.
Would you take it?

God damn, I'd rather have him harassing women again

>show movie on cable television for one night that isn't the one that was advertised
No duh

It's apparently 1.75, but Sup Forums desperately wants the show to have zero chance at getting a revival, so a flop it is.

i didn't even know it aired? wtf

It had a satisfying ending

OP confirmed for moron

Is that Robin doing a memey dance?

Indeed, it was pretty enjoyable.

It doesn't need a revival, the movie was enough

There are lies,
damned lies,

and then... there are statistics.

Why wasn't Nick at Nite counted?

>We live in an age of cable cutting.
This. Fuck this old way of gathering ratings, this stuff should be gone in 15 more years. It is an archaic system.

So it is around 3,000,000.

why not count nick at night?

I agree. And the fact that the movie is one of Nickelodeon's biggest FLOPS ever shows this

the jungle movie as advertised a shit ton through social media

it really did seem like it was mostly advertised to people that grew up with the show, which makes sense because kids today dont really know who arnold is and have no connection to that character/series.

I wonder what their website numbers were. That's how I watched it.

You have to try harder than that, kiddo.

I think the issue was that the rating was getting split in half, so the average across the first hour of The Jungle Movie was 1.39 million, while the average across the second hour was 1.14 million.

It's not being counted because most of that 1.14 million are the same viewers as the 1.39 million.

You all failed to make sure the next generation liked good things, now there will be kids looking back on TTG as "the old days when cartons were good".

Nick at Nite is about sitcoms. Not cartoons.

Some of the kids have parents who grew up with the show, so it's very likely some kids watched it with their parents

I streamed it on Illegally online like most people, it has no air date in the UK as far as I know any how. TV ratings don’t mean shit.

Chileanfag here. Arnold was super popular mostly due to a very good dub cast which fitted every character as well as good translation job, not ruining any of the original language's jokes while only slightly add few "mexicanisms" that latino viewers like while not being overplayed like early dubbed Adventure Time or other works that used that and bring the shows into the ground.

Add that to the fact it aired on rerun runs for a fuck long of time compared to the US and yeah, I can see why would a big portion of the fandom'd be Latamfags.

Kids/Cartoon TV is better than ever they said.

Getting over a million viewers in today's day and age of tv where you can easily torrent and stream is good.

Nick at night is just nicks night block. Basically after 8 (about halfway through the movie) the ratings went to nick at night instead of nick.
It actually shows us how many people watched the whole thing.

Damn.

This is bait

Colombian living in Miami. Can confirm that Hispanics love Hey Arnold. I watched the movie premiere with my gf and my parents for nostalgia. We all enjoyed it

Not only is that not a flop, it's not counting the online numbers either which could be a major factor

Now two Spanish people admitting about it. Wish there's a chart showing the large number.

Why not? It was a good show.

How did you get a gf?

As extra trivia tidbits other Nicktoons also had a slight raise of popularity above the US over here due to extended reruns:

Angry beavers (who's dub while not as balanced as Arnold with its "mexicanisms" using them a bit more, was also a very popular dub job.); Ahh Real Monsters (while it didn't last long it tended to air in the timeslot right above bedtime for a lot of kids so it was the go-to nicktoon to watch right before bed) and of course Rugrats and Invader Zim (but those were super popular in the states as well so I wouldn't say its as big over here as over there).

Meanwhile, US popular Nicktoons like Fairy Oddparents and Ren & Stimpy had weird situations since they NEVER aired on Nickelodeon itself around that time:

>Fairly Oddparents aired on Fox Kids (later changed into a channel called Jetix before being consumed by Disney XD) rather than Nickelodeon but was still very popular. Latino Nickelodeon oddly enough got the rights to air it back around the Poof Era but can ONLY air the episodes from that era forward while everything prior never airs.

>Meanwhile, Ren & Stimpy, probably because latino censors picked on to how much crap it passed under the radar, aired on MTV's animation block, so it was more popular with Teens than kids. Also bad schedules with very few reruns made it not last very much.

>Why would South America like Hey Arnold?

Probably Helga acting like a melodramatic latina girl.

It was a good and very distinctive show with clever plotlines. Same as why Americans like it.

Also, Arnold and Gerald's final VAs where Inuyasha and Ash Ketchum. I hope the cast returns to dub the movie.

Also I have no idea how the fuck is the Shortman joke in the Jungle Movie gonna work in the latino dub, since in the show's dub Grampa Phil just called him "hombre Pequeño" (AKA "Little Man") which can't really be turned into a last name, to be honest.

Damn, this is We Bare Bears all over again.

I'll be heavily disappointed if Big Bob's latino dub voice actor doesn't return.

His voice was one of the most perfect castings in the whole crew.

This. TV is a dying medium

>angry Latino Big Bob

Got any clips?

Kids wouldn't understand because Hey Arnold takes place in an urban neigborhood before gentrification took place. They wouldn't understand why Big Bob is selling beepers in an era where cellphones are thriving.

A lot of latinos are into LH as well.
I see you jumped from this sinking ship.

Hey Arnold is something traditional families would enjoy or understand. South Americans love their family and know people who act like the characters in the show. It's dead in the US, because we killed the traditional family and replaced it with Government, and progressiveness.

I'm trying, but Youtube is failing other than a clip from the old crappy movie, and that's mostly just him grunting and not really speaking. Sorry.

His dub voice also popped a lot in anime dubs. My biggest memory was him as like 60% of Samurai Champloo's men cast.

>South Americans love their family
Not anymore. We got infected with progressiveness and mass consumerism as well, to the point 1 of each 6 people in my city live alone.

>this is We Bare Bears all over again.

Haven't seen dubbed cartoons on TV in a long time nor followed current trends on which are popular around here so what do you mean? We Bare bears is popular in South America?

It can be seen as him spinning/teasing based off the last name

Nope. But it is popular in Asian countries.

>this is We Bare Bears all over again

What?

If nothing else, now Europe is drowning in Muslims, the UK has to pay literally billions to get out of the EU and the US is headed by King Donald of Trump. It's quite the spectacle to watch the West eat itself.

Now, if only we could set Brazil on fire...

see

No clips. YT's being a bitch, as ever. Found a site with all of Hey Arnold dubbed in Latin American Spanish, though. Here's Big Bob's Crisis dubbed:

www.cartoon-latino.com/oye-arnold-5x11-b-latino/

If you're implying Jake's mexicanisms were bad then you've got some mal gusto wn qliao.
Once CN demanded he stopped speaking like that there were 0 reasons left to watch the dub.

They are, it's one of the countries with most corruption in the world.
Literally every politician is involved into really shady and illegal shit. Also, favelas and lack of security in general.

onehallyu.com/topic/514611-why-is-we-bare-bears-becoming-a-craze-or-super-popular-in-asia/

twitter.com/nickandmore/status/935657231462387713 According to Nickandmore, the ratings are disappointing

I have no idea how this shit works. I just want Arnold to have 3 mil that would be insane.

Oh. As a non US resident I didn't know Nick at Nite was just a block on Nick.

Yup.

Screencap that shit.
Now, if the movie had came out 15, 10, or even just 5 years ago, perhaps the ratings would have been even higher. A) More of the old fans would be watching before they grew up to be too old, and B) Cable TV wasn't on the decline the way it is now.

the asians have the bears as their baseball mascots

lol. why does it matter if it was a "flop" or not. the movie got made already and it was shown on tv for free.
its not like Craig was planning on making more hey arnold stuff after this.

I believe he's gone on record as saying he has ideas for a sixth season.

These aren't the best ratings, but it's by no means a flop: nickalive.blogspot.com/2017/11/ratings-for-premiere-of-hey-arnold.html

No shit, I was psyched about this movie but it was made for late twenty-somethings who still care about cartoons which are a minority.
'
It's super fucking easy to make a post on social media about how much you love Hey Arnold but it's another thing entirely to actually go out of your way to support new ventures for it or any IP. Nostalgia isn't bankable because the number of people that actually show up is vastly disproportionate to the number of people that talk about it.

Is he right?
youtube.com/watch?v=yC0AWDBjPng