Craig of the Creek Preview

ht.cdn.turner.com/toon/big/preview/tve/CARE1011091700028702_B13R1.mp4

From the writers of Steven Universe

>writers of Steven Universe

Thanks for telling me not to watch it

OTP

This is better than steven universe.

specifically the show's outline writers
certainly looks like SU, but the writing has more of a clarence tinge, and we know a good chunk of the clarence crew is moving onto it

Looks nerdy as fuck.

I hate nerd culture.

its about time they got their own cartoon

>From the writers of Steven Universe

I was genuinely most excited about this one until now. But I'm not turned off it yet.

It's like if Darwin from Gumball got his own side series in an alternate human univers where he looks like the child of Tyler The Creator.

Either way, it looks like it's gonna be obnoxious and bland at the same time.

creek? craig?

>loli
good
>Human Darwin
okay
>big bro
this guy can eat shit
>girlfriend
best girl, would lewd

So, I guess this show's about him and his friends roleplaying the woods? I guess that might be fun.

>triggered poltards will shitpost about it when it starts

b-black people?

thanks for the warning

This suffers from the jarring background vs shitty simple character designs that Steven Universe does.

They look like background characters I would see in the PPG reboot.

The fucking nerve.

Steve Urkel was a fucking mistake

Let's talk about Bauhaus instead.

was waiting for this one. status: optimistic

>big brother is a dick
can't wait to draw Craig cucking him.

>SU Songs involving Ben Levin
>Cookie Cat
Lyrics by Matt and Ben, music by Jeff Liu
>Do or Donut
Lyrics by Paul Villeco and Ben, music by Ben, Jeff, and Rebecca
>Steven and the Stevens
original lyrics by Ben, expanded lyrics and music by Jeff
>Fishing for Complements
pure Ben
>Full Disclosure
Rebecca and Ben
>What Can I Do For You
Rebecca, Jeff, and Ben
>Like a Burger
original Like a Comet song by Nick DeMayo, lyrics rewritten by Matt and Ben
>Empire City
Lyrics by Ben, music by Ben and Jeff
>Mr Greg
Ben and Jeff (2nd verse lyrics written by Joe)
>I Think I Need a Little (Change)
Lyrics by Rebecca, music by Ben and Jeff
>We Are the Working Dead
lyrics by Rebecca and Ben, music by Ben and Jeff

The older brother looks like someone that would bully a kid with cancer.

Is this a reference to something?
>tfw will never unbirthed by her

>The Purse
Ctrl+W

>climbing the stairs on all fours
Whatever this is about, I love it.

Looks like Clarence with some LARP thrown in, so maybe yes.

I haven't watched kids' cartoons since like 6th grade, but watched this out of curiosity.

Anyone else here not able to relate to how, I dunno, "upbeat" and "wholesome" this is? I was never like this as a kid, nor were my friends, and wouldn't have liked seeing this on TV. Have I just been an edgelord since birth?

kids cartoons used to be too cynical (a deliberate move from the sappyness kids cartoons had been previously), so now the pendulum's shifted the opposite way

This, everything is cyclic

I think upbeat and wholesome is fine, if it can make me laugh/keep me engaged. I loved Arthur, and that was generally wholesome kidstuff.

That said, I certainly would not have found the first two minutes of this funny or interesting as a kid. If I had nothing else to do, I'd sit through to see what happens anyway.

Is that some motherfucking bauhaus I see?
This, I feel like the writers for these shows must have lived in bubbles or something, most kids are edgy shits that play violent games and watch emo anime.

>a purse
And done watching. More "look boys you can like girly things too" propaganda. I don't disagree with the sentiment, it IS okay for boys to like girly things, I just don't think characters should be used as blatant agenda devices.

It feels like a faster, more add version of arthur t b h.

I hate how they do lips thanks to SU and hope this doesn't become a fad like noodlearms

>that artstyle

Humor seems a little cringy but there might be something there. Hope it's not really imagination focused because those shows are always shit.
Bad sign but I will give them a chance. No powerlevels to fuck up here at least.
Is there a pilot we can see?

Y'know I wouldn't be surprised if Lamar ended up moving from SU to this show

How?
They’re nothing alike.

Who are the voice actors of Craig and the big bro?

Sound like Darwin from Gumball and Static

CN seems to have a problem with all their protagonists being effeminate

this is the pilot, or at least the first two minutes of it

I'd unironically rather watch fat albert than this. Even that has more of an edge.

>can't wait to draw Craig cucking him.
I'm not really a fan of cuckshit in general but I love when the cucked person really deserves it

I know this is a pilot but I already LOVE this.

Outside of Steven, most of CN’s protags aren’t that feminine.

if they don't go full imagination, what is there to make this any different from Clarence?

Yes, it's a reference to a youtuber that bullied a kid with cancer because the kid got leaks for a show and shared them with permission from the creators. the youtuber makes videos mostly covering unauthorized leaks and got butthurt.

Oh look, it’s the new CalArts meme.

It's either a single fucking gag or just a harmless bit of character design.
Maybe there will be an agenda somewhere but I doubt the purse is part of one.

>rhymes mourning with morning and star with star
>wrote music for steven and the stevens
looking forward to brilliant songs.

he could beat up steven

>fat albert
>made by a black guy who had to tell the white animators it's fine to draw them more cartoony and that it isn't racist

>Craig of the creek
>made by two white guys who make their animators draw all the characters like flawless bauhaus anime characters and that deviating from this template is racist

There was this brown Steven Universe fan who got mad at a cancer patient for leaking future info about the show(that they got through make a wish), but I'm not sure if that's what user was referencing.

Did people panic this much when OK KO got green lit?

FPBP

the creators may be white, but the final show's staff writer is black

>black trap

How did he twist his feet like that?

Nah, I bet it was something that his mother gave him as a gift. kid wanted a bag, mom gives him a purse.

Do you stop and see what you’re typing?
Because all I see is a bunch of buzzwords.

What the actual fuck is this faggotry?

I guess you haven't seen SU. Steven's effeminate traits were recurring, not a "single gag."

FERRET DON'T TALK

BUT

OK KO's pilot was already out and it had a unique style and not terrible writing.
If only they knew back then what was coming

Craig of the creek

More like Craig of the calarts

Why does his mom hate him and want him bullied?

not quite: the original Lakewood Plaza Turbo pilot came out the same time as the SU pilot and had plenty of fans, plus there are people who feel that SU went to shit when Ian left

And this isn’t SU.
Christ, nothing can be enjoyed anymore because someone has to get bent over who the creators are.

Within the first 10 seconds the male main character pretends to have boobs and unironically wears a purse. Why the fuck are we even discussing this trash? Go back to tumblr.

This looks cute. The kid really needs to stop putting his head between things though. He's going to hurt him self one day doing that.

>it had a unique style and not terrible writing.
Seriously, what?
>not terrible writing
References don’t count as writing.

>pretends to have boobs
what

His sister could beat up Steven. That's not a very high bar

When did CN get infected with so many fujoshis and boyfuckers?

>And this isn’t SU.
It's from the writers of SU, which means the same general stream of consciousness is going to be present. When you see the same thing that the writers have been doing repeatedly on the previous show they worked on, and it's the first footage you see, it should say something.

We need to talk about bauhaus guys.

The pint still stands; you can’t have a OK KO thread without someone bringing up SU. It gets so bad, it turns into SUG 2.0.

tittymonster Craig when?

Bubble

OH ITS ALL ABOUT BAUHAUS

OP IS BAUHAUS
YOU'RE BAUHAUS
I'M BAUHAUS
THAT user IS BAUHAUS

IS THERE ANYBODY HERE WHO ISN'T BAUHAUS!?

This looks like side characters and a setting straight out of Steven Universe

>It's from the writers of SU, which means the same general stream of consciousness is going to be present.
What kind of retarded logic is this?

SIMPLE
H
A
P
E
SHAPES
I
M
P
L
E

>he grows up to be a career craigslist tranny

CN almost exclusively greenlights shows by people from CalArts, which is patient zero.

This actually has more in common with Ben Levin’s cartoon than SU.

What makes it retarded logic? You honestly don't notice when works created by the same creators have similarities?

ABSOLUTELY

>look how simple craig's shapes are, kids! Craig wouldnt lie to you, he's objective and his design is perfect and symmetrical!
>now go out and dress like a woman just like craig!

people usually write what they know and what they believe works. They can only know so much and will reuse aspects that brought success in the past.

>CN almost exclusively greenlights shows by people from CalArts, which is patient zero.
>OK KO
>SU
>Mighty Magiswords
>This very pilot
>TTG

>Black guy with white girlfriend
Why can't it ever be a white guy with a black girlfriend?

Matt and Ben didn't got to Calarts, they're from the east coast and actually started working at CN on their live action shows (writing a few episodes of Level Up)

They got the job on SU because CN gave rebecca a list of writers they had on hand to choose and Rebecca was already a fan of Ben's work (and vice versa)

But it’s okay when Craig McCracken and Genndy Tartakovsky do it.

The backgrounds are brilliant, but once again the character designs are shit, almost worse than Steven Universe.

they pioneered it
all this new shit is just cheap imitations of true simple shape technique

Outside of the artstyle, how is this any similar to SU? It’s basically Clarence, the LARP edition.

Unlike most autists, I give all cartoons a try.

>he can't tell the difference between bauhaus and UPA

Absolute plebe, educate yourself on art history

>too lazy to give the characters shadows