Black lead cartoons

Are there any current black lead cartoons out right now ? These are the only ones I can think of and Craig of the Creek isn't even out yet. When I was a kid there was a lot of black lead cartoons like Static Shock, Fillmore, The Proud Family, and Little Bill. What happen to having black lead cartoons ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QFkhzMkrmQE
youtube.com/watch?v=s57_NhinFeY
youtu.be/lTcWKRa5AYE
youtu.be/gw8Jz-N8fXA
youtu.be/TwP4vSfjygY
youtu.be/Dy4YFDSDW4w
youtu.be/k1tMr5yEwM0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm not sure if it's still going on but Vixen had a cartoon.

>Doc McStuffins one of the few black lead cartoons on right now
>Only for preschoolers and really young kids

black people moved on to anime

youtube.com/watch?v=QFkhzMkrmQE

White ppl is jus so rayciss cuz we superheroes now

This is why I want support the Jellies a little even if it's not that good.

Do animals who are clearly black count?

Good foot game though.

No and black coded characters like Garnet also don't count.

Cyborg or Black Panther cartoon when ?

Pretty much this. I didn't even walk into the show with any expectations, but it just doesn't resonate with me

Tyler's seems like a fun guy. I hope his show does well.

youtube.com/watch?v=s57_NhinFeY
>where's boondocks
>where's black dynamite
those were extremely high quality shows, on par with Venture Bros.

I don't know if these shows ended because they were cancelled or if they ended on the creators' terms, but it probably gave the [AS] producers some level of relief knowing they don't have to pay the studios that animated these shows anymore.

Mike Tyson Mysteries and The Jellies seem to have less quality animation/art and thus cheaper to make in that aspect, from my uneducated opinion.

Didn't Black Panther get a cartoon a couple year ago ?

Asides from Boondocks I got nothing. Luckily there's a lot of good quality live action content with black leads nowadays.

I actually agree with him in that aspect. Why does it matter if the character Tyler created changes race? Who gives a shit? It's his character.

Was the Proud Family any good ?

that's why they asked. Tyler actually gave a decent answer.

it was alright. Instead of a token black character, they had a token white girl. I think the show could have done without her.

Yeah, that teaser just turned me off it.
Aaron left Boondocks, and the last season was basically made because it had to be. Black Dynamite was super fucking expensive.

It shouldn't bother me, but I think it does because as much as I adored those shows it's not like they got buttfucked like Metalocalypse.

>Give them one president and immediately they feel like they should be represented everywhere else
Wasn't there that one channel specifically for black people? Doesn't that have cartoons that cater to you? Hell, go browse tumblr. There's plenty of people there that specifically hunt down Sup Forums-related media featuring black people. Because that's totally not racist, right.

You mean BET ? That channel is awful . The creator of The Boondocks even hates it.

I hope tyler can bring the same level of comedy in The jellies as he did with Loiter Squad.
Man,that show was the only reason I gave listening to him and Earl Sweatshirt a chance.

I miss Fillmore.

No one remembers Class of 300.

I love this picture so much holy shit

Most of those shows weren't really ocncurrent with each other. You're conflating your entire continuous childhood with the specific moment of the present, so the present can never measure up.

There's also TV One, and I think a couple of others here and there that've folded over time.

The problem with BET isn't BET, it's the culture surrounding BET which kind of feeds back into it. The whole culture was pretty clearly changing at the same time due to shit happening in the real world.

they have plenty for you guys being like 10% of the population. Go back to tumblr.

There aren't that many on right now though .

Is Nella suppose to be Black ? If she is you have Nella the Princess Knight .

Unsurprisingly there are a lot of artists drawing attractive black women on tumblr, and I don’t mean the bloated red-nosed vitiligo freaks.

They need to move back to cartoons .

I guess we have to wait for todays black kids to grow up and make their own black cartoons.

If thats black, I'm a fucking spaniard

Here's a better picture of Vixen.

are you joking, nigga?

Vixen is one of the first black superheroes .

>The new Powergirl
>Moon Girl
>Jazmine from Boondocks
>Darla Dudley from the n52 Shazam comics
I have developed a fetish for girls with frizzy afro buns. Thanks, media Jews.

There may not be that many black main lead cartoons out right now but they're doing a lot of stuff with Hispanics in movies and cartoons like Elena of Avalor and Coco .

there was Lucas Bros Moving Co.

Feels like Hispanics are more underrepresented desu

Tip Tucci from Home: Adventures of Tip And Oh is pretty good. It's one of my favorite currently running cartoons, but it doesn't get talked about much online.

I looked it up and apparently she's biracial. Her dad is black, and her mom is white (she looks more ambiguously brown to me though.)

¿Qué tal, colega?

>When I was a kid there was a lot of black lead cartoons
Laughable proposition
>like Static Shock, Fillmore, The Proud Family, and Little Bill.
Outside the Boondocks (adult cartoon), you essentially just named them all, which were essentially the Token black leads that rarely existed. Normally at best, they would essentially be a sidekick or emotional support.

>Normally at best, they would essentially be a sidekick or emotional support.

>white male lead
>male nerdy/goofy friend
>female obvious love interest
>make friend or love interest a minority

Every time.

why are you so mad about black people in cartoons

youtu.be/lTcWKRa5AYE
youtu.be/gw8Jz-N8fXA
youtu.be/TwP4vSfjygY
youtu.be/Dy4YFDSDW4w
youtu.be/k1tMr5yEwM0

I like how every time she talks her voice is like "LOOK AT HOW FUCKING BLACK I AM"

I never really got that impression. Are you talking about the kind of effected voice she makes when she's encouraging herself/someone else to do something? I figured that was just a cartoon-y thing to do, I kind of recall Wendy from Gravity Falls and Bee from Bee and Puppycat doing it.