/Garfield/

November 29, 2017

This is yesterday's as well since the usual op seems to be away.

>show don't tell

>obese elf
What has Jim been reading?

I put up yesterday's, it just wasn't OP. Thanks though. Just a busy morning.

really? I didn't seeit in the last bread.

I guess I could be remembering wrong and just read it without posting.

>catsup
Who still says this?

The fanciest people.

Lasagna

Cats who sup

Jon is that rare character who is both pitiable and punchable at the same time.

>catsup

As a kid growing up in the 90s, I liked the Garfield strip. The 80s/90s cartoon was good, I have the Halloween special on VHS.

Now as an older guy, its not funny to me anymore. Maybe back in the 90s Davis still had some input on the comic, but now I bet he barely touches the strip. All Garfield ever really was, was a marketing tool. Davis wanted to make a marketable character and it worked. And it made him millions.

Garfield is a good example of what Calvin and Hobbes would have became, had Watterson sold out.

I kinda miss when they drew each panel and not use premade positions and expressions.

That's not obese.

As much as I would love to make money off of something I made, I'd still want a part in making the stuff.

This. I used to love Garfield as a kid, even buying books of the strips. It started really going downhill when he stopped walking on four legs.

Thank you

This

I always loved the TV comics.

I want garfield to step on my face

The evolution of his design was interesting to watch. By the 90s you had an okay looking, streamlined cartoony Garfield. However after that, it looked as if it went too far. Eyes very large, slanted and oval-y. Huge as fuck feet, etc. There was a sweet spot where "walking on two legs" Garfield had a perfect design.

When it comes to talking about Davis' work, I honestly think U.S. Acres is underated. Orange cat and his jokes get tiring after a while, but with a larger cast of personalities, I sometimes found the farm animals to be more interesting.

Feel free to make a us acres thread, I've never read the comic strip. My only experience with those characters was on the old Garfield and friends show. So it'd be interesting.

Hit the gym, fatty.

bugs...easy on the carrots