You will never, ever get this Thanos from Marvel Studios. Ever. It isn't going to happen

You will never, ever get this Thanos from Marvel Studios. Ever. It isn't going to happen.
You're going to get a muscle crime boss in space who's vaguely in love, and for the rest of your life everyone will be calling it The definitive incarnation.

Never ever. Never.

Good.

Disney wouldn't allow it.

Why would anyone care? Just read the Starlin shit then.

Man, I definitely think this is it for Marvel Comics.

Yeah, a Space Titan just hanging around in your house library and who uses an orange helicopter.
How the world will get over this loss?

Go cry somewhere else, faggot.

Sup Forums not reading comics gets truer by the day

Literally fucking said read the comics then if it bothers you so much.

Starlinfags should off themselves.

No, Starlin's pet character isn't deep. Fuck off.

That's not even the point of the thread. You recommend reading but can't interpret shit to save your life. I guess that's the effect of so much Hollywood trash in your mind.

You're probably right.

But lets face it... if you'd asked me 10 years ago if I'd ever live to see an Iron Man movie I'd laughed in your face. Let alone Guardians of the Galaxy (which is going to end up making more money than a Justice League movie, what a bizarre time for comicbook fans to be alive)

So if Wave2 of the marvel cinematic universe ends up having a Adam Warlock and the Infinity Watch trilogy I wouldn't be as surprised as I was over *Ant-Man*.

14 yo kid tries to brag about one of the few comics he've read.

More news at eleven.

Yeah, but all these names taken from comic arcs so far all feel like diet versions of the real deal.

No shit, he's just a villain, not the protagonist of the movie. You honestly expect them to make an Avengers movie from the PoV of Thanos and have the heroes be minor roles?

>That's not even the point of the thread
>You will never, ever get this Thanos from Marvel Studios.
Why does it fucking matter when you can read the original shit at your leisure. Were you some idiot that expected to get a faithful adaptation?

>But lets face it... if you'd asked me 10 years ago if I'd ever live to see an Iron Man movie I'd laughed in your face.
I love it when people can only defend the MCU by saying IT'S BETTER THAN NOTHING!

You're not even using that meme right.

What's this Mary Sue shit?

>if you'd asked me 10 years ago if I'd ever live to see an Iron Man movie I'd laughed in your face.
>Movie was released in 2008
>filming began March 2007

You didn't think you'd live past the production stage?

Thanos is a villain sue, yes Marvel's best villain is just a villain sue.

Nigger have you read any recent Thanos appearance? He's already ruined

Go be mad in your corner Starlin you pathetic self inserting cuck.

>Thanos with a gun and his army of edgy mcedgy servants is good actually

I dont follow. I don't see how my saying I was surprised we got an Iron Man movie equals "better than nothing". For one, I loved the original IM movie, it was a solid film (the sequels, not as much).

The only people I've seen making the "better than nothing" argument are actually on the other side, DCU fans who championed the thoroughly mediocre Green Lantern film, that they should support the film because otherwise they'd get nothing. I disagree with that assessment, supporting bad movies only results in more bad movies.

Do you honestly believe you've added anything to the discussion by pedantically focusing on the difference of one year when roughly speaking about a decade ago timeframe?

Iron Man came out in 2008 dumb ass, and they'd been talking about making it for a decade before that

nope.

FOTO 8100

>I love it when people can only defend the MCU by saying IT'S BETTER THAN NOTHING!

hey, the DCEU is worse than nothing.

And once again people defending the MCU bring up the DCEU, which 98% of DC fans hate.

>Hero? Villain? Neither? Maybe just wiser.

>proceeds to accept being the harbinger of destruction everywhere, becoming the avatar of death, and just fucking shit up whenever he can

Meh.

That was out of the author's control, Marvel just opted for shit story telling

MCU is decent, there's nothing to defend.

>You're going to get a muscle crime boss in space who's vaguely in love, and for the rest of your life everyone will be calling it The definitive incarnation.
user, space-pirate turned god who is driven by love IS the definitive incarnation of Thanos. All the stuff Starlin did with Thanos after Infinity Gauntlet was never on the same caliber as that iteration, ESPECIALLY Infinity War. Marvel seems to be literally only taking the name from that story, and instead adapting Thanos Quest with more action, and honestly, who can blame them?

>Is that Thanos?
>He's got a gun!

I think he's just trying to spook us into realizing it's been more than 10 years since iron man one. Spooked me anyways.

You will never, ever get this Superman from DC Studios. Ever. It isn't going to happen.

Once again resorting to DC bashing when no one was talking about them. You people are like Sony and Nintendo fans.

You will never, ever get this Hellboy from Guillermo del Toro. Ever. It isn't going to happen.

>HURR I WANT MY VILLAINS TO BE GUN TOTING THUGS FUCK COMPLEXITY

inb4 "muh waifu"

Only fools pick a side of an artificial struggle.

You will never, ever get this League of Extraordinary Gentlemen from whoever has the adaptation rights. Ever. It isn't going to happen.

All I wanted was Thanos doing all of this for the pettiest reason ever; to obtain skeleton pussy

Lol if you think Death is going to be in this you're delusional. Thanos wants to take over the universe because he's the bad guy and he's going to get defeated by the power of teamwork.

Oh I don't expect her o be in this movie but I still hold out hope for part 2

But this version came after muscle crime boss in space.
Movies don't have time to use the same villain over and over. Starlin just milked Thanos for 20 years because he was in love with the character.

I got money on Hel taking the place of Death from the comic arc.

That makes no sense

Could always be better.

>milked

Fuck you, Starlin's Thanos is one of my favorite characters in Marvel.

Confirmed literally from the teaser in Avengers 1

Who is deep then?

Fuck del toro, the guy's a fucking hack.

He can only tell one kind of story and he was going to ruin At The Mountains of Madness

>He can only tell one kind of story
Nigger you what

How tall is Adam Warlock?

>familial relationships with ****

There. That's pan's labyrinth, the devil's backbone, chronos, both hellboys and pacific rim.

That actually makes me a bit sad. Seeing the absolute craziness of the designs on the big screen would be a treat.

I really really don't want to read that book what the hell is happening in this scene

>familial relationships with ****
Nigger, that's like 80% of movies

Mr. Hyde is anally raping the invisible man.

Christ I love Adam Warlock

This is the only part that bugs me. Like how so many idiots say shit like RDJ was made to play Tony Stark or that Hemsworth is a perfect Thor without having read a single comic book in their lives.

>three times
>Nebula
>Marvel
and what was the other one?

It would work for IW1 to motivate Thanos as he collects the gems.

Bullshit. Go into any JUST thread this week and watch people breaking their backs defending the movie using the same blame-shifting tactics you see here.

>B-b-but Flash wasn't autistic, Marlel cucks quip too!
>B-but Steppenwolf wasn't bland and poorly used, Ultron was! MARJEWS ON SUICIDE WATCH!

Are we getting Thanoscopter?

Good. The mass murdering monster shouldn't be treated as some morally ambivalent force. Thanos should be punished severely for his crimes against every living thing in the universe.

At least it's going to be more faithful to it than the current comics. Jason Aaron and whoeveris writing Thanis now don't get the character.

Beginning with the fact that Feige did read IG and Starlin was brought on set for Avengers 4, they gave him spoilers for the movie, and he gave his approval. If he hadn't liked it he wouldn't had said anything favorable about it and kept his mouth shut until at least the movie had already come out and they hype had died down.

Starlin wanks Thanos as hard as Englehart waifus Mantis so yeah.

anally raping him to death actually

No shit, he fucking made the character.

The other characters he loves almost as much is Adam and Mar-Vell but Thanos is no. 1

She's going to be in part 2.

If you saw the teaser trailer for Avengers 3 he mentions he wants to bring balance to the universe, that's what Death originally tasks him with when he goes out to get the Infinity gems.

But then he goes full retard.

Karmic consequence narratives are unsightly.

Unless it's an HBO adaptation.

>Thanos literally cannot lose. He only loses because he wants to lose.

Very good villain, indeed.

Because people have different opinions and yours means next to nothing.

This is my biggest complaint about Infinity War too... They're not going with the grand cosmic odyssey that it is. Marvel easily could have used this as a chance to introduce all the conceptual entities like Death and give Thano's his proper and romantic motivations. That's what makes him interesting too, he's not just a conqueror.

I wasnt aware you already saw the movie.

The whole "durr just read comics then"

Yeah lord forbid people who read the comic actually want the movie, with the same name and same characters, to actually have anything to do with that comic.

I swear Sup Forums goes to McDonald's and orders a quarter pounder, but instead they get dog shit in the same box and then they excuse it as the same thing since it came in the back with the companies logo on it. And then if anyone complains about being sold dog shit as cheeseburgers they tell them they can just make their own cheeseburgers or that cheeseburgers don't have to have burgers or cheese to actually be called cheeseburgers!

>Projecting the post

>Yeah lord forbid people who read the comic actually want the movie, with the same name and same characters, to actually have anything to do with that comic.
You knew you were never going to get that user so learn how to deal with it.

Touche but I have zero faith they'll do this at all. I'd be surprised if they do. Maybe they did but "test audiences" got confused and they dumbed it down again. That's what I expect from Marvel.

They'd kind of have to. The story just flat out doesnt work unless it is.

The trailer shows what is essentially Thanos Quest, not the actual Infinity Gauntlet part.

what is thanos? is there a race of thanos's out there somewhere?

what is his people like?

He's an Eternal from Titan.

eternals, celestials, ego's race/species. What's the deal with these three?

He is from the planet Titan. This is why the call him the mad Titan. If I remeber correctly he was a mutant Titan and thats why he's so powerful.

You mean to tell me there's a civilisation on one of jupiter's moons and no one of the uber-scientists on earth could spot it?

Thanos killed them all before the human race was even a thing

MCU its the best there is right now, glad you agree.

Simply: they are all the same thing, as far as McGuffin characters go.

The same can be said about cosmic cube, infinite gems and heart of the universe. The same McGuffin.