This is the only cartoon that I liked more after being a kid

This is the only cartoon that I liked more after being a kid
Andy Anderson is ridiculously well written (in terms of the way they use him in the story, not in terms of character per se)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PdjUPY8gA-8?t=10m6s
tv.avclub.com/louie-anderson-on-baskets-his-10-meter-dive-and-why-i-1798245796
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this website has just redeemed itself

Romanian here, the dub is god tier and better than the original. Popular show here.

Post the Romanian dub
The Russian dub is insanely good
youtu.be/PdjUPY8gA-8?t=10m6s

I forgot about this show

I always thought his dad was a psycho who was oblivious to his surroundings

Fox Kids is what?

do the eastern european dubs cut the live action bits or dub over them?

Fun facts: Louie Anderson actually based most of the episodes on his youth. That's why the family car was a Studebaker. He also voiced his child self and his father in the English version.

It also aired alongside another biographical cartoon involving a real actor, Bobby's World.

Holy, shit. After all this time, I'd forgotten that they were different shows.
I was even just talking to a friend the other day about how great Life with Louie was and in hindsight, I think I ended up really talking about Bobby's World the whole time.

Wait bobby's world was Howie mandel's bio

In Poland live action was dubbed.

And yet NOT RELEASED IN THE US.

I agree. It's clever and written so both kids and adults can enjoy it. Andy was totally my dad.

I love how this show is so popular in Eastern Europe. What made it so good here, but not in the USA, fellow commies?

Meant to also link

It was dubbed by the same guy that did Wolverine and Bronsky from Exosquad. God, those were the days.

Was his dad a Nam vet or a WWII vet? Because that would explain his behavior.

He was a cook.

(in the show)

Then why do I remember the episode about the Rambler?

WWII.

I was mistaken. Their car was a Rambler. It's been so long that the car models got mixed up.

Damn straight. Louie actually sounded like a sarcastic fat kid instead of Garfield/Bill Murray doing a thick impersonation of Louie.

Whoah whoah hold the fuck up. Bobby's World was real? You mean to fucking tell me that spoiled brunette shrimp had a 10/10 redhead mom and a 10/10 qt 3.14 redhair girl crushing over him?

That's it I need to kill myself. Bobby was living his cartoon dream while I was stuck fantasizing about it.

The only thing that US citizens had close to sarcastic humour was Simpsons and Married with Children, which both suck.

While Life With Louie had the characters stay realistic while still doing entertaining stuff without delivering corny verbose jokes and needing looney tunes cartoon logic to stay fresh.

We also had Kids from Class 402 again a very nice sarcastic realistic cartoon where the characters act like assholes in an entertaining way. That and the dubbed voices weren't so annoying like the Simpsons. The romanian voice actors had a lot of fun with the cartoons on FoxKids.

Shows like pic related were too bleak and looney tunes-y while Class 402 and Louie maintained a form of a realism.

>90s Simpsons
>Married with Children
>suck

Loved this show still do always thought Jeannie Harper even though she looks totally like a boy must be why I like tomboys and traps in my anime so much.

Married With Children only began to suck once Bud became 18 and started scoring, then it became about nothing but him scoring.

Pretty much every sitcom goes to shit when the kid actor grows up

tv.avclub.com/louie-anderson-on-baskets-his-10-meter-dive-and-why-i-1798245796

Good interview with Anderson, the guy is just incredibly humble and thankful for his success, he has seen a career resurgance with the show Baskets. Discusses Life with Louie a bit as well as well.

>We tried to make it more than just a cartoon. It was a cartoon, but we tried to make it more than it was to begin with. And I have 300,000 followers from Turkey, Romania, Poland, and places over there that love Life With Louie, where it was translated into their language. They love it. They are absolutely in love with it. And it just goes to show you: no matter where you go, it’s always about family.

>I say to everybody that Baskets is my favorite thing I’ve done since Life With Louie, but Life With Louie is the one that means the most.

>Turkey, Romania, Poland
How do these literally shit coutries aquired such great taste?

His father was an alcoholic and mostly unemploeyed

Was this why most episodes the dad was home

Barely remember this show, but I do know I liked it. So that's something

Love this show. The Russian dub for it is the first time when I enjoyed the dub more than the original. Maybe it's nostalgia, but I rewatched it recently and it's still good.

I loved this show, was kinda sad when I read an interview with Louie where he admitted that he pictured a more lovable portrait of his father than the man actually was.

Kind of a "I left out the bad moments but kept the good ones."

I treasure the tvcaps that I have, last time I checked it wasn't out on dvd/bluray yet so.. damn shame.

I remember watching this show at my cousins' house and Louie gets hit with a snowball in the ear, and complaining loudly about it for like five minutes. I laughed my ass off.

Did either of these shows include a superhero fantasy segment where one the "villains" was a fat guy who had a shark-like mouth on his stomach?

Bobby's world had Captain Squash as his conscience and cartoon show idol, but I don't recall if he fought any villains.

The reason I ask is I have a memory of a cartoon that I've been trying to solve for years. Most of the "that weird shit you saw on TV memories" ended up being short lived shows on Fox Kids(I.E Xyber 9) because when I was a kid I wasn't really much into getting up early for saturday morning cartoons.

For some reason this memory of this character is associated with either The Tick, Life with Louie and possibly Freakazoid based on the style I remember it in.

All I remember is a gang of three villains, a big fat one with a shark-like maw on his belly who would eat with it, some girl in a white latex suit with tassels and possibly a scooter and a third villain member whom I no longer remember.

The memory of shark guy is the most prominent because not only is the concept disturbing but I remember a scene of him eating pizza with his gut-maw.

I remember an interview with Louie where he said "This is what I imagine my childhood would have been like if my dad wasn't an abusive drunk".
'
The show was hard to watch after that.

The only guy I remember with a mouth on his stomach was from an old show called

The Head

The art style isn't ringing a bell, I'll try looking for this "Ivan character" but I doubt he's what it was.

>that post

Yeah this isn't it, unless my mind has severely warped the memory. This character was fat and the mouth was on the stomach where the shit met the pants, like a Snapping Turk from the Yellow Submarine.

Ok user sorry it wasn't what you were looking for