Storytiming Darkhawk because I thought it was absolutely amazing

Storytiming Darkhawk because I thought it was absolutely amazing

I never read the original run, but I really liked him in the War of Kings stuff

Been waiting for this one. Thanks OP.

i have the original run
loved the character
esp in the round robin saga with spiderman/nova/moonknight

Chris' girlfriend is THICC

No problem! I've only ever done a few Venom Space Knight and Carnage story times.

I ... like this. Throwback to the Hobogoblin fight was neat, but mentioning "edge?" That's neater. A little self awareness to the 90's edgy characters.

Well, that problem took care of itself

Welp

God i wish this was returning as an ongoing. Darkhawk was my shit as a teen.
This and quasar were teenage me's go to comics.

I really like that Chris is still trying to fight despite being powerless

I had a bunch of Dark hawk comics as a kid. I thought he was dope. He sort of just faded away, until now I guess

This issue was SO fucking good. If this doesn't get turned into an ongoing then I'll be fucking livid. This is the only one of the one-shots that feels like it deserves to be an ongoing or at the very least a mini.

Everyone needs to send in letters. This can't end at one issue.

uh oh

>punching armor bare handed

I thought he was a normal human now

AW SHIT

>Annihilator Annalise
It's weird having editors who actually give a shit about continuity
Or editors at all

He is. Dude's still a cop though so he can throw a mean right hook.

And not break his hand? Ok.

Well this is an unexpected development
>Nova in the top left
nice

>he doesn't regularly punch steel beams to harden his fists for the great machine war yet to come
Everyone point and laugh at this Soyboy.

I really like how you can slightly see the villain in the third panel.

No need. I drink milk.

And here's the new armor

Just killed that bird-alien

I guess the other guy is dead too?

Nice to see he still has the robo face

Probably trapped in a crystal in the void or rotting at the foot of the 'tree'

DUN DUN DUUUUN

Do you think Robbie remembers working with Darkhawk at Pegasus, or did they wipe his memories completely, I forget

>Fingeroth

Nova and darkhawk team up when

And that's all she wrote

Please support the comic if you enjoyed it, good Marvel comics are few and far between.

And please right in to Marvel if you liked it!

>Shit. I know bullets can't hurt them, they never hurt me!

And Manley, as in Mike Manley, penciller for the series.

This is pretty much a love letter to Darkhawk. But this clearly shows that the whole bonding to the Raptors is NOT ANYTHING like what Duggan showed Robbie going through in his run. Did they even bother to explain that?

Wait, I thought this was a one shot. Is there a possibility more will get made? Or is he gonna get shifted into GotG with Nova?

Thanks OP. This and Deadly Hands of Kung-Fu were a real treat for me. Hope they get ongoings.

Really want this to continue

Isn't GotG "cancelled" (for now if anything)? It didn't show up in the solicits did it?

Damn, I'm really liking this new armor design. It looks a fair bit more 'regal' with the full collar harness going on and the purple piping is a great way to enhance the silhouette.

Get cracking, guys. This was a really good read.

Wait, is this for real?

>It's real
How did I miss this?

No, they're just shifting a few issues into a mini event, it'll be back after that.

Nice catch.

You got a source for that? First I've heard of it

because the raptors in Guardians aren't real raptors. They explained that in this comic. they're just normal mooks in suits. Darkhawk is an actual android raptor

>Did they even bother to explain that?

Yes. Those two Raptors Chris had to fight are guys in suits, with much lower power levels.

Robbie is currently trying to find the Raptor crystals (that apparently Razorhawk hid) so they can bring back proper Raptors.

Come on guys send those letters, make some of them snail mail too since DeFalco said those get the editor's attention more.

Also if Cebulski doesn't get fired from this scandal there is a chance he might do it too so get cracking.

>Arena
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Yes they explain it in this comic and in AnGotG #11 they mention they were trying to save the androids.

It’s a Jordan B. White book. Him and Wil Moss are the only reliably good editors they still have. One of the female assistant editors for this was also on Foolkiller.

Because the raptors in Duggan's gotg are just aliens wearing armor, they're not shifting into cyborg forms like Chris is.

>You didn't forget about War of Kings, did you?

...noooo yes.

Duggan's twitter

He didn't say if GotG would be back but GotG #151 turned into Infinity Countdown: Adam Warlock and the new event is been pushed like crazy and Duggan is writing it.

If it does good then it's obvious GotG will come back.

Also Duggan probably doesn't want to stretch himself too thin like Bendis did, he's alsp writing Deadpool and doing stuff outside Comics.

Sims in an interview talked about how much he loved Darkhawk and how it was one of the runs he made sure to collect once he started working in a comic shop. Bowers not as much of a clue about but man it's amazing what can happen when you get some guys writing the character who have a lot of affection for the material they're covering and an artist that's not at all bad.

Basically the complete opposite of that shitty Silver Sable comic from last week.

If they made an ongoing off it, it would just suffer the same fate as Loveness' Nova.
A few sublime issues with tons of future potential cut short within a year.

>that asterisk box
I don't know why Marvel isn't doing that shit regularly anymore. It can be supremely helpful for newbies of a given series, does a good job actually doing proper cross-promotion while being pretty unintrusive to anyone who doesn't care.

He remembers, the only thing the brainwashing did was make him spill his innermost thoughts and fears to the other Raptors, make him loyal to the Raptor cause and tortured him by telling him Rich wasn't going to save him.

By the end of it you can tell he was angry at Rich and his family since he mentioned they abandoned him and he rejected the Talon Rider name and went for Talon-R (Talonar).

Remember that they offered him the choice of dying as a Nova or joining them and he did the latter.

So yeah he should remember Chris.

because Bendis hated continuity and didn't want people going back and looking at stories he was going to just contradict anyway.

Maybe we'll see more of it now.

Maybe but it's better than nothing.

It also has a better chance of survival with Cebulski as EiC sincr Cebulski wrote a comic with him and he likes the character.

>This is an All-New Darkhawk

Wait, so is Robbie the talon leader now?

Good to see Robbie's seating habits haven't changed

He is one of the Raptors elite so while he's not the leader (kind of unclear if it's that guy with white hair or that Shiar guy we saw in GotG #146) he's up there and he has his own underlings.

He also got Mar-Vell's nega-bands from his corpse (which he was hauling around in a space suit as to not raise suspicion) until the Guardiand hijacked his ship by chance but then he got them back so that probably gives him an edge over the other Raptors.

I honestly just can't wait to see what happens when Robbie finds out about Rich being with the Nova corps and Guardians, he's going to freak.

This was fun. Shame it's only a one shot

The point of these one-shots is that they're testing the waters to see if there's enough interest for an ongoing. They even say at the end of each issue "if you want to see this becoming an ongoing then send letters to let us know." So if you want this to be an ongoing, or at least a mini, then make sure to send letters asking for it. I think Marvel probably intends on turning whichever one-shot got the most replies into an ongoing and of all of them, I think this one is definitely the most deserving.

That aside, Talonar is one of the main villains of Duggan's Guardians of the Galaxy and Duggan confirmed in a tweet that Darkhawk would be joining the team in the future. So if this doesn't get turned into an ongoing then this plotline will just get picked up by that book once Infinity Quest is over.

When a C lister get a nice one shot and a cute thicc fiancé. Strange times.

Darkhawk always was an obscure but cool hero, one of the few characters that keep causing an impression after so many times.

>Shame it's only a one shot
See:
Support the book and send those letters.

there's a vagina on his chest

>Support the book and send those letters.

Done.
Sent the email and bought one of each cover from my local comic store as a show of support.

So Darkhawk is literally just Marvel's version of Blue Beetle 3?

Kind of the other way around.

No, because Darkhawk predates Blue Beetle 3 by a long time.

>cute thicc fiance
She was made for sex.

What happened to the Dazzler one?

Unless Darkhawk starts pulling GotG numbers, it won't matter for shit.

There's nothing wrong with killing birds. They're not people.

Well, even if this doesn't get an ongoing anytime soon, he has to show up in GotG, right?

by the way, is she a pre-existing character?

...user, I...

t. future serial killer

So is this still happening?

it's not cancelled

Why are you guys retarded? They suspended GotG for the Infinity stones event. Duggan is busy as hell and he's not goong to phone it in like Bendis in CWII, so even if it's shit he at least will try.

He's a triple combiner now.

Now that is a proper hero.

"I lost my powers, guess I'll be a beat cop to keep helping people"

They would need editors to do it and people who cared about continuity.

Never read Darkhawk before but this one-shot has me interested. I wrote in already about my interest in Power Pack but I'll take a crack at writing in about Darkhawk as well. Thanks for the storytime!

Right? It's refreshing to see a hero who still figures he can do some good.
You're welcome!

I'm guessing no.

I definitely don't recall seeing her

What does he look like without the helmet?