New DuckTales clip

cartoonygirl.tumblr.com/post/167988632615/so-heres-the-clip-for-anyone-who-missed-it

From an upcoming episode called 'McMystery at McDuck Manor,' apparently.

Scrooge is centre stage, there's a Duckworth cameo, and Webby is nowhere to be seen. Kino episode confirmed?

Really shows the "quality" of a show that we need a checklist of removed elements to see which episodes are watchable.

Webby isn't unwatchable, in fact her character is rather entertaining, she's just been pushed way too much in the early episodes at the expense of Scrooge McDuck because muh strong wymyn.

It's because Disney fucked with the airing of the episodes, resulting in a bunch of Webby-focused episodes in a row.

Except they didn't, I wish people would stop using this excuse.

The intended order was:

Pilot
Daytrip episode
Upcoming snow episode
Dime episode
Lena episode
Gladstone episode
Mark Beaks episode
Mummies episode
Terrafirmians episode

But the order we actually got was:

Pilot
Daytrip episode
Dime episode
Lena episode
Terrafirmians episode
Gladstone episode
Mark Beaks episode
Mummies episode

They moved exactly ONE episode around and just haven't aired another. People really overexaggerate how much Disney fucked with the scheduling. The Webby overload is entirely the fault of the writers.

Unfortunatly is true. Too focus on her, I hope that writers fix this for future episodes.

>"preview" clip
>literally a quarter of the length of the episode
why do they do this

they do this for shows nobody gives a rat's ass about

Where wss Ducksworth? Also liked the old school McDuck mask.

He's in a painting in the background. His design is identical so I don't know why they're insisting on making him such a mystery.

Oh please, that's not a checklist to make the show watchable, just the threads readable.

still, airing order literally gave is 3 webby-centric epsiodes almost in a row (with an ep where Webby was present in the b-plot in the middle of those), while the intended order would've meant them spaced out

Also, outside of the Terrafirmian episode, there hasn't been any character development for Huey. Anyone else agree?

To be honest, I wouldn’t even count the TerraFirmian episode as character development for him, considering that it gave him a completely contrived flaw to overcome. It’s a similar thing with Toth-Ra, where Louie was thinking on his feet and being clever, not actually doing anything wrong, but still had to “learn a lesson” anyways. Or the Mark Beaks episode where the writers just had him act like Louie-lite, with the lack of honesty, desire for a cushy relaxed job, and the deception and all. Honestly, I feel like the show shouldn’t keep tryin to shove these morals into every episode, as it not only detracts from the adventures themselves, but really comes across as contrived and half-baked, especially when in two out of three cases it’s been the same character who’s acting as the catalyst for their “development”.

>The Webby overload is entirely the fault of the writers.

The Webby overload may be the writers' fault, but I don't think it's because she's female. She acts more or less exactly like a modern-day update of the 1987 *nephews* would act.

The problem is that some high-up Disney manager demanded that in an effort to make the show hip, the nephews, in this new version, must become insufferable, bro-ish douchebags, with Louie approaching complete edgelord territory. They may be funny but it's impossible to identify with them unless you're an actual troll, so they really can't be viewpoint characters.

Instead, writers, both male and female, identify with Webby because she is now the single most relatable character, and that has nothing to do with feminism, it's because Disney thought boys would identify with dickheads, period.

Those of us who like the show like it in SPITE of them.

>Or the Mark Beaks episode where the writers just had Dewey* act like Louie-lite,

They don't really know who's who, because all three are prone to slipping into asshole territory whenever it's funny.
I don't blame this on the writers or even Angones, it smells like something that would have been demanded from on high, by the same kind of mind that in The Simpsons demanded Poochie be added to Itchy and Scratchy.

But they set out their personalities from the first fucking episode. Dewey is the Adventuous one, bold and brash, with more guts than brains, Huey is the Brains with the encyclopedic knowledge, caution, and plan making ability, And Louis is the Finesse, a charismatic sleaze with a quick mind, a quicker tongue and a heart of gold. Warrior, Mage, Rogue, it’s a balanced trio. The problem is that they not only are afraid to have them interact normally, but they have to strip them of competence and give them completely contrived flaws so that they can have Plots for focus episodes. The problem is that they end up spending more time overcoming previously non-existent flaws instead of actually being useful in an Adventure. This isn’t a problem with executive meddling, but a problem with over-reliance on a formula.

>Dewey is the Adventuous one, bold and brash, with more guts than brains, Huey is the Brains with the encyclopedic knowledge, caution, and plan making ability, And Louis is the Finesse, a charismatic sleaze with a quick mind, a quicker tongue and a heart of gold. [...] they have to strip them of competence and give them completely contrived flaws [in each new episode]

In that case, the nephews in the pilot represent a tolerable way of portraying them, while the nephews in all later eps reflect the way I described them as being.
I'm afraid we're both right, and the show is suffering.

I think Disney thought it would be a good idea to schedule all the Webby episodes up first, then go with the actual adventuring episodes.

But that's what I heard in a Sup Forums thread a while back once.

>They may be funny but it's impossible to identify with them unless you're an actual troll, so they really can't be viewpoint characters.
I doubt kids can identify with any of the Teen Jerk Titans in GO! or the asshole that is Gumball, but that doesn't stop them from being lead characters in two of CN's most popular comedies. Invader ZIM has a character who stole organs out of children and still managed to retain its popularity from viewers 15 years later enough to get a movie. People don't really watch comedies for relatable characters, in fact the opposite. They want someone so outrageous that it's fun to laugh at their shenanigans or misfortunes.

Removing that one episode and putting episode 9 at 4 instead seems to have triggered some people who can't stop complaining about Webby.
Then again, it's just a meme at this point anyway.

Louie exaggerated it when he made the mummy dance around to satisfy his own ego.

Sometimes, old people forget that these new shows are also meant to be watched by kids, who don't really seek a role model, but just want some fun.

ok but where is magika ?

That was Dewey. But yes, that joke sucked.

>mist opportunity

they totally know don't they

But this is an adventure series with continuity. How does that apply here?

Even if Sup Forums has officially turned on this show, I still think ducks are cute.

Some day, he'll turn up again

Sup Forums doesn’t like it because there’s not enough waifus or shipping fuel

True, but as said above, there are legitimate problems with the show that keep it from being above okay right now.

I heard that Magica's apperances are done for the season.

>All this shipping art of Webby and Louie
>No Explosion of new fanart for Best Boy
I mean, granted, he’s not nearly as prominent and I would like but still.

If the artist behind turns up, I'm sure they can do something with Donald

>But this is an adventure series
Hardly. They're cracking quips every fifteen seconds and there's very little exploration or adventuring happening. It's about as adventurous as your average Fairly Oddparents episode.

>with continuity
Building up to a big bad or introducing new characters is hardly continuity. Unless you think Amazing World of Gumball has tons of continuity just because they make references to past episodes.

>How does that apply here?
Because the triplets are assholes yet Disney is too scared to make them the star, so they just put the focus on "I'm perfect even my flaws are perfect" Webby.