Tropes you hate

> Show has a unique world, with decent writing and ideas that aren't seen often anywhere else
> show focuses on the one stupid ordinary kid character that's hanging around for no fucking reason

You gotta remember who wrote it. Rebecca Sugar literally made Invader Zim fanfics and Steven/Connie is mostly a self insert duo, hell they even can fuse and guess who also made DBZ fanfics. It doesn't matter how much you care about the world, she just want to live in it through the characters.

List 28 trillion times this has happened

This show was always about stupid ordinary kid character hanging around for no fucking reason. Why would expect that to change because it has """""lore""""" now?

>character is shown working on a piece of rock with a hammer
>hammer doesn't affect rock at all

Because the """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""lore"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" is a bajillion times more interesting than some random fuckhead kid?

A trope has to happen with many other instances for it to be a trope and that is more on so a narrative problem than a trope.

...none of that applies to Steven.

He's the son of their deceased messiah and the only half gem/half biological in existence.
He's pretty damn far from 'ordinary' even before his superpowers developed.

Seems to be a trend on CN.

It's more about his interaction with the random citizens of Beach City that I object to than Steven himself, but it's a problem that's present in a lot of similar shows, hence the general phrasing.

> show focuses on the one stupid ordinary kid character that's hanging around for no fucking reason
>The Amazing World of GUMBALL
>For no reason
What the fuck did you expect?

Hey, do me a favor: Sum up what of importance happened in the latest batch of episodes?

Lapis left, and... that's it. Nothing else of any significance to anything happened. I don't give a fuck about the random shitkickers in Fucktard City, I want to know more about what's happening with the goddamn Gems.

That's not a trope, and we already had our daily SU hate thread

An amazing world?

Fuck you for making me remember this shitty show existed

>i'm a big blubbering vagina stop talking about stuff this board was literally created for a bloo bloo bloo

And you still get that, hell not always is Gumball the protagonist.

What world? What do you know about Earth or Homeworld?

Wheres the military? Whos the president? What happened to russia? What does homeworld look like beyond underground caves?

Oh wait. The show never explained anything.

That is no trope. This is bullshit and inability to control your staff.

I'm sorry please continue to argue and circle jerk just like you guys have done everyday for the last year. It's not like SU is a dead horse or anything.

>WAAAAAH STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Maybe we can get an episode where Pearl explains a bit of it but not too much.
I hope they don't ask Peridot how is modern homeworld, that'd be too much!

That doesn't even describe the show you posted.

>the "world" is just the school, the house and the mall
>90% of the plots are pretty much regular sitcom plots
>the most amazing characters (like the big as T. Rex) never get screen time
Nice "amazing world"

already been addressed, Bronad

I'm complaing about the haters retard.

> HURR DURR I'M TOO MOTHERFUCKING STUPID TO CLICK ONCE OT HIDE THREADS I DON'T LIKE A DURRRDURRRRR

I'm so tired of Steven Universe's lorebait that goes nowhere and kills momentum.

OP, I get the feeling this thread didn't go the way you wanted

>Opinions beyond my own are not welcome just hide the thread REEEEE!

It's Sup Forums, I'm used to threads degenerating into bullshit, squabbling, retards, and other nonsense

Hey, mods. I think we have an underage user.

>hey I know this trope
>I'm not gonna do this trope
>laugh now

>abusing the meme arrow