"Amazing! Based Marvel!"

>Batman on the Justice League
"REEEEEEEEEE he is useless in the League, is DC retarded? REEEEEEEEE"

Why the double standard?

Other urls found in this thread:

sys.Sup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't like hawkeye or black widow

Shit thread. Have a (You) for this absolutely terrible bait.

Why do you think I'm baiting?

I see people saying that Aquaman and Batman shouldn't be in the League all the time, but no one speaks of Hawkeye and the likes. Why?

Despite what the subhumans on Sup Forums might lead you to believe, psychotically belligerent brand fanaticism is not a virtuous trait, it's a very clear sign that you're a complete sociopath who needs to be removed from civilization.
sys.Sup Forums.org/co/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=97155382

Not really, when Avengers came out there was constant bitching about Hawkeye and Black Widow.

Power level fags and realism mongoloids are retarded, news at 11.

strawman, sage.

Not nearly as much as "AQUAMAN AND BATMAN SHOULDN'T BE ON THE LEAGUE REEEEEEEEE".

What does Clint bring to a team that makes him more valuable against world-ending threats than Batman or Aquaman?

You either weren't paying attention back then or just don't remember, because it was really bad.

Of course nowadays a lot of people are extremely eager to jump on the DC hatewagon and act like Marvel movies perfected the genre which might make them quicker to nitpick non-issues like that.

To my knowledge, Clint typically doesn't get involved in huge alien invasions or cosmic-scale threats. And if he's involved it's a token appearance. But Batman stands head and shoulders alongside Superman and Wonder Woman and we're meant to believe that he can pull his weight when Darkseid comes to town. At least Hawkeye isn't in fist-fights with Thanos and Ultron.

What, the Avengers ban him everytime Kang, Ultron or Thanos show up?

I'm struggling to recall him generally being involved in those times. At any rate he's typically not bought along to the fight, same with Black Widow.

In Busiek's Avengers, Hawkeye was never removed against world-ending threats.

Why Hawkeye can do it, but Batman and Aquaman, much powerful than him, can't?

because Batman has a literal batdemon behind him

Because nobody gives a fuck who's on the Avengers, likely because their roster is in flux as a matter of routine.

And how is that relevant? How does that make fucking Hawkeye more useful against villains than Batman?

Hawkeye should be killed in Avengers 1

Really? That's the whole point. Clint is a very niche character with niche abilities, so any small feat he manages to accomplish vs a big bad or cosmic bad is lauded. Batman, however (as previously mentioned) is supposed to be capable of going toe to toe with cosmic beings (despite being basically Tony Stark with shittier armor and like zero firepower), so when Bruce looks limp-dicky vs Steppenwolf And such, it's fucken weaksauce

So Batman shouldn't be in the League because he is more capable than Clint?

Show us who said this user. Who hurt you?

No he should be in the JL, but much more is expected of him than what is expected of Clint

I think it's because the Avengers roster doesn't typically have as many heavy hitters at one time as the Justice League in their typical roster, so the disparity is a lot more noticeable when you have a team or Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Wasp, and Cap, as opposed to Superman, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Flash, and then all of a sudden, Batman.

Therefore, if he only puts on a Clint-level performance, he failed to earn his keep

"Clint can be in the Avengers because, when he finally does shit, it's lauded".

"Batman, though, if he struggles against world-threatening villains, looks weak".

I agree with this notion to an extent. The JLA is more like the Marvel Illuminati than the Avengers. However historically Batman has usually been depicted (in the comics) as capable vs cosmic beings

So the Justice League is held to a higher standard?

Really? Just the posts you elicited from your bait? That's all you have?

power levels are lower across the board in Marvel, too.

>retards arguing over comics and cartoons

It's literally what was said. If you have a good argument that explains why Clint in the Avengers is better at protecting the world than Batman in the League, I would like to hear it very much.

Batman is way stronger and more resourceful than Hawkeye, so I don't see the problem.

>Hawkeye on the Avengers
>"Amazing! Based Marvel!"
said no one ever

Did you read Busiek's Avengers?

Clint was in like 8-9 issues before he was exiled to Thunderbolts due to him being bitter that Cap was being a shit to him and not allowing him a say in how the team is run (which given his time with the WCA, gives him ample evidence he should at the very least, be second-in-command).

He didn't come back until the tale end of the Geoff Johns run due to editorial mandate (as Thunderbolts had been canceled).

>It's literally what was said.
>literally
Words have meanings dipshit. Learn them. Then you can bitch about Hawkeye for whatever inane reason that seems to bother you.

Not that it's held to a higher standard, just that the contrast with the frontliners is a lot more apparent with the Justice League, who are basically demigods and a rich guy who is basically a worse Tony Stark, compared to the Avengers, whose demigods are uncommonly placed on the roster and therefore guys like Captain America and Hawkeye aren't completely overshadowed.

>Clint was in like 8-9 issues before he was exiled to Thunderbolts due to him being bitter that Cap was being a shit to him and not allowing him a say in how the team is run (which given his time with the WCA, gives him ample evidence he should at the very least, be second-in-command).
So, the guy left the team not because he was useless, but because he was so amazing and competent that not being in command was an offense?

Okay. What makes him so amazing, so much better than Batman at handling villains? Why his presence within the Avengers is acceptable, while Bruce can't be in the League without triggering autism?

I hate bringing it up, but Merriam-Webster did amend the definition of literally to also mean "not literally".

Which is literally idiotic.

Batman has much higher level strategic feats than Hawkeye

Explain to me what Clint brings to the table here. Give me an explanation of how Hawkeye fits in this team better than Batman in Morrison's JLA.

That depends on who you're talking about, I'd bet on someone like Sentry against half the League. I notice that most of Marvel's powerhouses generally hang around the cosmic arena. DC definitely gives them a lot more attention, but Marvel is sure as hell not short on planet-breakers and people that bend over time and space.

>I'd bet on someone like Sentry against half the League.
No matter which half you pick Sentry loses.

Arrows

And that makes him useful against world-ending threads, while Batman, with 1000x more resourceful, shouldn't be allowed in the Justice League?

DC hate bandwagon is so easy to jump on. Marvel is lucky they have good movies, they would be fucked without them. Shitty comics, shitty games, shitty animation. Thank fuck for the mcu

He doesn't have arrows though

This. How can he compete?

Thanks for the answer, it really shows why Batman should stay on Gotham while Hawkeye protects the world from Thanos.

But why does the JL even need Batman if they have Green Arrow?

No problem.
He's also not afraid of commitment. He's superior in every way.

>Why the double standard?

There's none.
Batman was turn into a joke and was useless compared to his BvS version.

Whedon destroyed Batman, but we all know the consultant was happy with that

I think you too should be Marvel writers. You have the creativity and the tongue-in-cheek sense of humor.

user it's okay if you haven't read the classic Mike Grell run on Green Arrow. Just remedy it quickly.

>There's none.
Wrong. You can see this in this thread.

If Hawkeye does something relevant every 5 years, he should be an Avenger and even be the second-in-command. If Batman isn't always handle everything on his own, then the League is too much to him.

I didn't make the rules.

Do you mean in the movies or the comics?

Remember DC is Gods among Men.

Marvel is Men among Gods.

Quit posting that dumb shit.

>Remember DC is Gods among Men.
>Marvel is Men among Gods.

You people need to stop posting this dumb shit

>If Batman isn't always handle everything on his own, then the League is too much to him.

That's not what happens, no one gives a shit about hawkeye, and the people that doesnt want batman in the league don't give a fuck about reasons, they just dislike the character, if batman is usefull it's batwank at the expense of their favorite characters if batman doesnt do anything they want him out, the only times they want batman is if batman gets rekt of beaten into a pulp. You are autistic for getting into arguments with people that already hates the character.

It's not double standard becuase they are not the same

marvelfags need to stop failing for the bait, that hasnt been the case since 2005

He's the glue that holds the Avengers together.

>that hasnt been the case since 2005
It's never been the case.

>It's not double standard becuase they are not the same
It's a double standard because what people say about Batman being useless in the Justice League can easily be applied to Hawkeye in the Avengers. Hell, Captain America is less useful than Batman. Where are the people that want him out of the Avengers?

kek

I will say it again:
The people saying that about batman are people that dislike and hate batman. It's not logic, stop being autistic.

I will take Morrison's opinion over yours

>Morrison
Is a hack.

I don't want them to like Batman, I want them to apply the same standards to both groups.

Morrison didn't say that. He said that DC characters are archetypes, while Marvel is soap-opera.

Hawkeye and Batman are equally weak but Hawkeye can be several blocks away firing into the fray while Batman insists on getting in close and punching shit with his no powers. Black Widow is a better analog

I have literally only heard the opposite

because you're a casual, parroting the opinions of casuals, kill yourself

You're baiting because absolutely no one has praised MCU Hawkeye as a character and most people here agree he and Widow shouldn't even be on the team.

Congratulations, you can see people saying that Hawkeye is better on the Avengers than Batman on the League in this thread.

>Hawkeye and Batman are equally weak but Hawkeye can be several blocks away firing into the fray
Really makes a difference when Thanos is about to end the world, huh? You convinced me!

user you just want to argue you for no real reason. Go take a walk.

>"Hey people, why you do this?"
>"I don't have an explanation, you should just take a walk."

Keep tilting at windmills till you get tired then user.

It's usually the other way around actually

>Really makes a difference when Thanos is about to end the world

Doesn't it though? If you're squishy DPS being away from the front lines makes a huge difference. If you ever played DnD or any video game with classes you'd know this

Well the Avengers have a lot of members that are more or less normal humans, barring some incredible intellect or athleticism, without their equipment (Iron Man's suit, Hawkeye's bow, Captain America's shield, Ant Man's suit, Black Panther's Suit, etc...) while the majority of the DC characters have some sort of super ability, or a mix of several. Basically, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Hulk, Dr. Strange and Thor are the only main characters in the MCU with supernatural abilities beyond human capabilities. Spiderman is little weird to place here, as he has super strength and spider sense, but his most vital power (webs) are either natural or mechanic, depending on the version. Regardless, this is a big contrast to DC, where Batman is the only main character without a superhuman ability. Wonder Woman is immortal, super strong, and has a slight ability to fly. Aquaman is super strong, fast, and has heightened vision. The Flash is super fast, capable of breaking time. Cyborg is technically just a piece of technology, but he also has above human-level tech attached to himself. Superman is superman. Batman is the odd one out.