Why Season 5 of Ed,Edd'n Eddy was so bad and looked like a complete different show?

Why Season 5 of Ed,Edd'n Eddy was so bad and looked like a complete different show?
have you noticed there is nothing of comfy on it?

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/vbnkev.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Only so much you can do with 13 characters. The shows small cast was on of its strengths in the earlier seasons but became a hinderance later on.

>Why Season 5 of Ed,Edd'n Eddy was so bad and looked like a complete different show?
It wasn't bad, it just wasn't as good as the previous seasons. It looked different because they switched over entirely to digital for the last season.
>have you noticed there is nothing of comfy on it?
That's subjective as fuck. The atmosphere changed for sure though, the school setting was a radical departure from the "endless summer" of the previous four season.

Eddy and Edd's fall clothing was comfy

The look of the show changed because they held onto completely traditional animation methods for as long as possible but were forced to switch to digital coloring when the production of the ink & paint they used was discontinued

That's so sad, why do they keep killing off different art forms?

The Almighty Dollar, dude

>nothing of comfy on it

It was just as good, pleanty of memorable season 5 episodes.

You're a "one over two" fag that thinks everything that comes before is objectively better than anything that comes after.

Diagnosed.

Ed, Edd 'n Eddy was an endless summer of getting into mischief with your friends and peers from the neighborhood within the vicinity of that neighborhood. Taking it out of that environment and throwing them into a school where there's nobody else to be seen completely defeats the entire purpose of the show.

Yeah, it was really weird that despite being at school, we still only ever saw the established cast. There weren't any background characters or adults or anything. It wasn't just the environmental change, it was that they tried to keep that whole "unshackled kids during the summer" angle in a school setting and it just doesn't work.

I liked the way they did it, where there were clearly teachers and other students around but they weren't featured because they weren't characters in the show and the audience wouldn't have given a shit. It would have been way more off putting if there were a bunch of characters who hung around that were only there to fill space.

The way they did this was more cool, like how as a kid you don't really give a shit about people who aren't your friends or close peers. That's way better than there being a bunch of background fodder people.

I prefer the earlier seasons. Season five felt grotesque and almost uncomfortable in a way

In a weird way, that's something that made me really like Season 5 in particular.

>comfy
why people keep throwing this word as it had any meaning?

It was the beginning of the end.

It's just a Sup Forums-approved way of saying we just liked something without having to go though multiple slugfests with other anons to prove exactly why we liked it

It was basically the last season of the show so you aren't wrong.

The movie tho

Movie was great but it wun't a season.
I wish more shows got the privilege of having a fantastic movie to send the series out with its head held high (and that didn't lead to more seasons like with Hey Arnold when they really don't need to).

>felt grotesque and almost uncomfortable in a way
How, can you elaborate? I'm actually curious.
For me season 5 handled the switch to school in the best way possible by not introducing characters, and focusing on the main cast. It had a couple of really great episodes as well, like the one where people fear Double Dee after he "punchs" someone, and the Valentine's Day special

I feel like one more season wouldn't hurt. And yes, the movie was fantastic.

But it just makes it feel...empty. Even if it makes sense in a metaphorical way, it's still feels empty.

yeah, i think introducing a whole new gaggle of kids by the fifth season would be a major shark jump for the show. changing the setting was jarring enough, adding to the cast would create even more dissonance with previous seasons.

It’s a feeling user, an emotional response.
I pity those who can’t feel it

>It’s a feeling user
no it's not

made like 5 years after the other seasons

the school setting was absolute shit. only episodes I like from that season are the ones where they stayed in the cul-de-sac.

The only good episode is the one where they build a plane to escape from school.

It was literally the exact same quality as the seasons preceding it, I have no idea why you people always shit on it. All I can think of is that you're Mr. Enter tier patsies that don't like it when the characters are mean to each other, which happens more in Season 5 than the other seasons. News flash, them being pissy with each other was a major driving force of the comedy.

>It was literally the exact same quality as the seasons preceding it

...no, it wasn't.

i kinda liked how they changed it up i mean endless summer is cool and all but seeing them in school kinda made the characters feel more real in my opinion, plus it gave the movie some build up

Yeah, it was. I'd argue it was actually better than every season except 2 and 3. Some of the best episodes from the series were from Season 5.
>the one where they get lost in flashbacks
>the one where the power goes out and they go down into the sewer
>the one where each Ed tries to tell Sarah and Jimmy where babies come from
>the one where Ed triggers Rolf's PTSD by dressing up as a wolf
>the one where the Eds escape from school via plane
>the one where Eddy dresses up as a new kid to figure out who insulted him
>the one where Ed becomes the school mascot and they get demolished in football
>the school dance episode
>the Valentine's special
>the Halloween special
>the alien episode
>the movie
You've just got awful fucking taste, my man.

Same reason Sup Forums does, it's a defense when you have no defense. It's basically them acknowledging that there are no objective faults with something they're comparing to their preferred subject, but they're going to shit on it anyway because it's not the same thing as their preferred subject.

T

The show is perfect through and through, the feeling of season 5 is just slightly different, but it was a change to the formula that would have made sense. If season 5 followed the same exact structure the shows creativity probably would have began to dry up.

Because they started to care about sharper colors instead of being lazy with it. The show is for kids who won't be paying too much attention to the finer details yet season 5 got a huge overhaul. Colors are sharper and pallets are less bizarre. The colors never fall outside their lining in seasons 5. It honestly felt like they were trying too hard. This "lazy" approach to the linings and lawlessness when background colors was a huge part of EEnE's artistic character.

don't mind me just being the objectively best sound effect in EEnE

That's a 'problem' with the original show too

That whole scene is completely perfect, it could not be improved in any capacity.
>Ed's face as he looks around
>the *BEEP BOOP* electronic noises accompanying the rinky-dink hairdryer
>the '80s laser sound effect when it shoots
>him sliding down the rope using his tongue instead of the hook in his hand
>the TIE fighter roar
>the booming impact noise when he hits the wall
>he leaves an indent
Peak of comedy.

Because everybody was screaming and pushing themselves everywhere? They really went overboard with the slapstick in the last season.

>Nothing comfy

I thought the fall setting was pretty damn comfy, everyone changed from wearing standard summer clothing into jackets and whatnot.

Now that the dust has settled can we agree that there was something fishy going on between Eddy and Double D?

fucking this
and the best example of this is double d as a character
in season 5 he turned into a complete ott meek pussy as opposed to the previous seasons where, even though he is clearly the "voice of reason" among his friends, he nonetheless could be as silly and funny as ed and as sneaky and selfish as eddy
in season 5 he's just a boring one dimensional caricature

Stop being gay.

Dude the point of Ed Eddn Eddy was three friends hanging out and doing things to impress the other kids in a slice of life setting.

Them going to school kept that. Them being "stuck in summer" would've held the series back. Alot.

>Mission Ed-possible
>Pick an Ed
>Double D not being sneaky

and that's just what came to me without thinking

I'm fucking giggling just remembering it.

The school setting was garbage, just made the show’s world seem empty.

for the one who can't understand what we mean by "comfy" just look pic related.
it's hard to explains but this show have a lot of similar stuff like who make you feel comfy.
and season 5 have a lack of this. (except maybe on the specials)

What do you mean by empty? The show takes in low density suburb, which are pretty empty in real life except for the "shopping center". Then again, I'm assuming that Peach Creek is a new suburb that's in development.

All of this.

Season 5 ended the series on a high note. I recently got done rewatching the series and its crazy that the specials happened so late in the series and they were all good. The shows drive was from the characters themselves and putting them in a new setting (like school) was actually pretty smart. Not to mention they still kept the 2 episodes per show which most shows were going for a more episodic. Even when the Ed's did do that it was done so well the episode actually did feel like two parts (like the one where eddy convinced everyone its still summer even though school was tomorrow, then the very next half was them at school)

>Why (topic being discussed) was so bad?
Why do people do this? Is it a meme?

Its probably the hardest feeling to explain when you say "comfy" maybe it means the show hit you in a certain place.

>and its crazy that the specials happened so late in the series and they were all good
This is part of what blows my mind. The show never went into true seasonal rot and all of its specials are memorable. Hell if you count the movie it was solid up to its very last episode. I think people only feel like the school episodes were weaker because the school setting itself isn't as interesting, but they still used it to its fullest.

>I think people only feel like the school episodes were weaker because the school setting itself isn't as interesting, but they still used it to its fullest.

It was still as crazy during this setting as it was with them in the cul de sac. Also that movie was just one giant love letter to Ed, Edd, n Eddy fans. This is one of the very few shows from CN I don't want to see rebooted, along with Billy n Mandy.

>This is one of the very few shows from CN I don't want to see rebooted
You might already be aware of this, but EEnE is the only Cartoon Cartoon where the creator fully owns the rights to it. Antonucci worked some kind of sorcery back in the day, so they can't even reboot it without his full consent even if they wanted to.

What I want from the show is a full blu ray box set.

Oh that's right, that's why Nick didn't get it because he wanted rights. Antonucci you absolute madman.

Also a blu ray DVD box set. Take all my money.

Now I gotta look it up
Ed was the goat

I wouldn’t mind a Billy and Mandy reboot, but ONLY if Maxwell Atoms is at the helm and they hold the SJW shit.

Don't like all those but damn do I love the plane episode. Easily the best season 5 episode I love how Johnny gets involved too. Halloween is awesome too not as comfy as the Christmas one though

I always liked the school setting. I thought it a welcoming change of pace.

I liked it

WHAT
IS
UNDER
THE
HAT

It has a gap.

The roar is the best part.

Get outta here Rebecca, pic related is what happens and nobody will convince me otherwise.
>I'd tell ya I love ya Ed, but I ain't that kinda guy!

Season 5 had plenty of shit like that too, if anything the feeling was enhanced by being set during fall and winter.

I enjoyed the autumnal season, it was very comfy and a nice way to end the show

We live in an age where only loud declarations of vitriol will attract any attention. OPs are basically shouting contests where even someone who is trying to start a thread about something they like has to loudly criticize it in order to attract fans to defend it and start discussion. Pic related is for Sup Forums but probably 60% of it could be applied to Sup Forums.

1. Double D's bald.
2. Double D has a comically oversized afro crammed under his hat.
3. Double D doesn't have a scalp. His hat is the only thing encasing his brain.
4. Double D's a robot, and the hat hides his cranial circuitry.
5. Double D's head is shaped exactly like his hat.
6. Double D's hat is part of his head.
7. Double D keeps drugs in his hat.
8. Double D is his hat. Everything else is just a meat puppet.
9. Double D hides a third eye under his hat.
10. Double D has an embarrassing tattoo on his head.

Half of those are stupid since double d's taken the hat off several times

>fall setting
>not comfy

I will fight you.

Too digital....

He was wearing the hat even as a toddler in the flashback episode, whatever it was must have happened at an early age or he was born with it.

my.mixtape.moe/vbnkev.webm

I keep rewatching and it gets funnier every time

Season 5 was uncomfortable because it captured the craziness of going back to school too well.

While it would be cool to know, I think we're better off not knowing. So long as this part of Double D's character goes unexplained, he will always have a sense of mystery to him. If Danny were to tell us what is under the hat, he'd be trading that perpetual sense of suspense for a piece of trivia.

We've built this up in our heads since childhood to be a game changer, but I'd wager if we fed Danny a Truth Serum, what he'd tell us would just leave us feeling disappointed.

So long as we never know, a chapter in the book of EEnE will remain open forever.

Unsolved Mystery > Trivia

Because it was made in the mid 2000s instead of the early 2000s

>if we fed Danny a Truth Serum, what he'd tell us would just leave us feeling disappointed.

No shit. He probably never even thought of what to put under Double D's hat.

art forms always die and new ones always arise, it has been like this forever bud

the quicksand scene in the movie was pretty gay in hindsight...

the alien invasion was terrible

Jack Nicholson?

I would like to know if there are any missing or unfinished episodes.

your taste is terrible

this thread made me watch some Ed Edd n Eddy. fucking nostalgia trip man this show was my favorite when I was a kid. :)

I used to be really hardcore into KND, buying all the toys and shit, but I swung around to EEnE by time I was like 12. It still holds up remarkably well.

the fuck you say

>Starting Strength