Post doomsday clock

We know johns said the dc universe will time skip and CHANGE.

but into what?

It is going to still look mostly like it does now and still keep a lot of its New 52 canon.

Nope. It's neither going to be rebirth or pre flashpoint.

I don't think it will be that big of a change

Probably for the best so they can fit in all the wonky continuity from "manhattan's meddling." We've had One Year Later before so this isn't that big of a deal.

One where everyone remembers both pre-Flashpoint and post and Ma and Pa Kent are alive.

Find out in our next event.

/thread

Only a melding would work.

Why? Have the world essentially stay exactly as it is (minus some relatively small stuff like bringing back Ma and Pa and the trunks) but just have everyone also remember how the world used to be.

It would create some interesting story opportunists for characters that were vastly different pre and post Flashpoint, or even ones that were dead.

Better bring back Kon too

If Aquaman time jump we better not miss the wedding

They're not gonna have dual memories. They're against that.

>We know johns said the dc universe will time skip
Wait what? Fucking hell how many books is this going to fuck over

>but into what?
a world where Geoff Johns died after Sinestro Corps War and reuniting with his sister in heaven.

Helena Wayne hype

I just want the team in that picture to come back.

Are we getting 52 part two eletric boogaloo?

The influx of stolen time makes it so that Superman and Batman debuted at least twenty years ago. The more mortal heroes are starting to get gray hair, time begins to progress at a dilated rate like early Marvel. That, and the return of the JSA is symbolic of DC pushing the idea of legacy and passing the torch, of superheroes being ideas bigger than individual characters.

...it'll be lucky if we go five years without them welching on it.

>Dick Grayson's harem

comfy team, wish it had a better writer

>time skip
Will they ever learn?

John's didn't say there was a time skip. Doomsday's clock starts a year in the future

Been there, done that.

Yeah I'm all for bringing the Kents back for awhile. I think Superman needs more family and Jon needs some grandparents.

>That, and the return of the JSA is symbolic of DC pushing the idea of legacy and passing the torch, of superheroes being ideas bigger than individual characters.

I like this. I always thought the JSA should just be the past of the main DC universe. Legacy makes everything better and it helps build up stories with continuities and flash backs to work with.

>...it'll be lucky if we go five years without them welching on it.

I don't want it that long because honestly I like Super Sons and don't want Jon and Damian aging up just yet.

if they removed all of Johns influence, DC would be so much better off

So, Metal had ZERO effect on the DC Universe? Good to know.

They've pretty much melded things anyway. The thing is that there's still some continuity questions and now there's even hints of characters removed from continuity and things that should've happened. The time skip could put those all back in place while the returned characters (namely Conner) can have time to fit back in and act like they never left.

Worst case scenario we get New 52 Lite and they try to shake up the status quo too much again.

Fuck I hope so!

Not zero effect. Just no effect upon the characters in Doomsday Clock.

When was that said?

Why the fuck do people want to bring back Pa Kent? He was dead before new 52, dumbasses

100% This.

Let them keep their "youth" and N52 continuity, but allow them to remember stories of pre-flashpoint.

Just so they can be fucking referenced or acknowledged.

I understand why they did N52, but at some point you need to find common ground between respecting long-time readers and attracting new younger ones.

I mean, is it really that insane to offer new readers the opportunity to look at older runs? Nowadays if there's any reference you're missing, all you have to do is a quick google search.

DC has a very rich history that's going to waste due to lazyness it seems.

No.

Common sense

No.

>No.

Can't beat your argument. Damn. You,sir, are a master argumentator.

What is this art from?

No i thought he said doomsday clock was set one year in the future and that by the end (12 issues later) every book will be caught up with the timeskip

No. I go by facts not emotional responses or wishlists.

Having two sets of memories is bad.

Pre flashpoint jla

>No. I go by facts not emotional responses or wishlists.

What are your facts to speculate how Doomsday Clock will affect the larger DCU?

>Having two sets of memories is bad.

Why?

The interviews.

Two sets isn't what comics do unless you're powergirl. Creates too many issues.

Doomsday Clock will probably add in more Pre-Flashpoint elements, and possibly push the New 52 aesthetic and stories further down the timeline like it did with Superman. So in flashbacks you'll see the original Carmine Infantino costume on Barry, trunks on Batman, ect.. unless it's specifically referring to New 52 stories like the Court of Owls.

Literally Time Runs Out

I think it creates a nice symmetry when JSA, JLA and LSH are all canon.