I don't understand why Gabby Rivera keeps pushing this bruja thing in her comics

I don't understand why Gabby Rivera keeps pushing this bruja thing in her comics.
What is so great about being a bruja?
Isn't being a witch something of a negative connotation? My mother is from PuertoRico and I never heard her use those words like it's some kind of fucking title.

Other urls found in this thread:

the2econdstar.wordpress.com/2013/11/11/memoirs-of-a-former-disney-castmember-part-3-brazilian-way/
youtube.com/watch?v=AXGP4Sez_Us
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's one of the gimmicks from her generation, try to spin something with negative connotations as actually good, hope it works eventually.

I'm starting to wonder if she's actually Puerto Rican.

>My mother is from PuertoRico and I never heard her use those words like it's some kind of fucking title
She can't even speak Spanish let alone knows shit about PR culture.

>SJWs are Satanic
Shocking, never woulda guessed.

She made a Cardi B reference in her last issue. She's a poser. This is a massive joke to her. Not that I blame her, Axel will be remembered as a disaster who let the inmates run the asylum.

I'm starting to wonder if she's Cebulski

brujeria is a negative thing.
hexes and trickery charms, love spells.

Rivera is confusing the modern attempts to retcon real world persecution of witches/traditional healing and apply it to brujeria, which doesn't work.

latinos have a thing for taking something with negative connotation and romanticize it. Telenovelas have a fucking metric ton of Gypsies in them, all of them are good natured people who dindu nuthin, oppressed by the rich for being themselves. About witches... at least its not Naguales or some more annoying shit.

It's funny because the puertoricans on the island are very traditional. They would hate to associated with a lesbian witch larper.

>every shitty writer in Marvel are all Cebulski's pen names

For fucks sake why mexicans and puerto ricans are so stupid?

Bruja is a terrible translation for BITCH.
Mexican dubs used to translate bruja as bitch, and she is a feminist so she believes being a bitch it's cool.

That's it.

She also uses the word "puto" and forgets that is a highly homophobic word.

Every Spanish speaking country uses words differently. Sometimes I'm surprised they understand each other. But yeah maybe in a Mexican dub they use that but it still can meaning witch or hag or who knows what else.

hey leave me out of this fucking mess, Its just this one dumb fuck who doesn't understand spanish

I want her to take a DNA test and find out she's 30% whitey.

I'm PR and have never heard bruja as bitch. That's perra vaga. The most I've seen the word bruja used is when people are talking about actual Halloween witches.

Puerto Rico is made up of the descendants of the Spanish, Taino indians, and black slaves. Of course she'd have some ""white"" in a DNA test. What a fucking stupid comment.

You'd find a Y chromosome too.

>But yeah maybe in a Mexican dub they use that but it still can meaning witch or hag or who knows what else.

Nah, it's about censorship. Mexican dubs censored a lot of shit back in the day.

Fuck off would become "go away", faggot would become "weakling" stuff like that. Mexican translations were not aimed at mexico, but to all latinamerica, so the localism were reduced to a bare minimum (but mexicans still would include a few) and they tried to softed the language so r-movies could be broadcasted at any hour just cutting some tits and the most graphic violence.

Gabby being a retard that doesnt know shit about spanish probably never got that it was censorship and that bruja doesnt really means bitch.

ITT: All sorts of gringos claim to "be Puerto Rican".

Nobody wants to be Puerto Rican. Even Puerto Ricans.

not to defend her as a writer but I hear the young Hispanics round here use bruja fairly often and I doubt they're reading this shitty comic

how are you even online right now

>all PR's live in Puerto Rico
No need to project your self-hatred on others, m8

I know m8, no one uses it like that, it was just a thing from dubs in the 80s and 90s.

Hell the Family guy dub translated black as moreno for the few first years, they believed negro could be offensive in colombia.

t. i actually wrote a paper about the use of dub as a tool for censorship.

Still mexico still has nothing on Spain or Italy, those countries had some extremely fucked up censorship.

You have to go back

>all PR's live in Puerto Rico
Right there are squatting in Florida

>build le wall XD

>No need to project your self-hatred on others, m8
Nigga Puerto Rico is hated in all latin america and not in the healthy we fuck around with each other, people truly despise PR, because the guys are assholes even forour standars

Idiot you can't build a wall in the ocean.
Racist.

PR is a US colony. Good luck, sending them back.

>Hell the Family guy dub translated black as moreno for the few first years, they believed negro could be offensive in colombia.
What? Everyone says negro, actually is there a latin american country that dosen't says negro, i mean my country dosen't find it despective

>I doubt they're reading this shitty comic

Sup Forums is the only one reading her comic user.

PRs can be shitters but latin america includes BRs and if you're saying huehues are less assholes than PRs you've been uma'ing too much delicia, senpai.

To were they're part of the US and the other latinos don't want them either

Gabby threads have become so annoying because you get a lot of "latinos" playing the purity test like a bunch of SJW's.

Then tell me who invented regueton?

UMA DELICIA
M
A

D
E
L
I
C
I
A

i know, and that should give you an idea of what happens behind the escenes. Pure retardation.

Welcome to latino america threads, we hate each other but even more people like Rivera who give us a bad impression.

You fucks say that about every latin American country though. Is there a latin american country that you guys actually like?

Most of the guys are cool, barely bother people when they go to toher countrys, good jazz, now PR they're just disrespectful and rude no matter were they go, also this

Uma delicia con mas copas que vos.

Honestly M8 you're not giving yourself enough credit for horrible impressions.

Uruguay, weed is legal.

Still more than Chile

Some areas already have wifi, but it's mostly San Juan, the hospitals, and the universities

Gabby doesn't make me hate latin american countries, these threads do.

Don't say that, if mexico or colombia are in the thread chile and argentina don't hate each other. They pretend they are allies and love each other just to try to bully the rest.

>barely bother people when they go to other countrys

the2econdstar.wordpress.com/2013/11/11/memoirs-of-a-former-disney-castmember-part-3-brazilian-way/

>She also uses the word "puto" and forgets that is a highly homophobic word
She really uses puto? That really says a lot about her spanish knowledge.

Of all thing to bitch about Gabby you chose to bitch about how word and their meanings don't remain static?

>those two Hues trying to be relevant in a PR thread

Que vergonha do caralho, para que ninguém liga para a Hueland

>tfw self hating puerto rican

Chileans and argents are the same shit, they live next to each other, every summer they go the other country, studendt exchange, they say they hate each other with passion, but act completly friendly all the time

I heard Chile Spanish is weird though?
Is it a good place to visit? I mean when comparing with the other south american countries.

Yeah, on twitter.

More like they hate each other all the time until there's someone else to hate.

Pic semi related, the first thing i saved on Sup Forums. Fucking cunts.

>delicia
Are all PR's that lewd sounding? I had a PR friend on Skype and I swear he sounded like he wanted to fuck me every time we talked.

Why is nobody making a big deal out of it? Is worse that the Akira thing

>chile and argentina don't hate each other.
I guess that Falkland Islands debacle was just a stage play, then.

Is not weird, the accent on the other hand is weird, they speak extremely fast, it has been compared with the glaswegian accent.

youtube.com/watch?v=AXGP4Sez_Us

Most of the memes are based on chilean ghetto talk, but the accent is complete shit.

This. Americans throw us all in a single sack with the word "Latinos" written on it, and then throw that sack into a bigger one named "P.O.C.s", but the fact remains that we latin americans all hate one another and ourselves. Americans' literally black-and-white mentality is actually winsome.

How lazy does anyone have to be to not read such a short post entirely?

She's a "Third Gen" meaning she's about as Puerto Rican as I am WWII vet just because my Grandpa was a belly gunner on a B-17.

But then this leads to a greater question Then who was Bendis?

Chile and Argentinaare like the couple that fight all day, but you can hear them loudly fuck in the next room at night

>Chicanos/as
>Latinx
>POC
>Bruja

God she’s fucking ugly

She's white with maybe 5% drop of latino blood in her

So you know, gotta milk that shit.

>I care about my heritage! Look at all these walking stereotypes of my culture I made!

This disconnect never stops amusing me.

At least she's not trying to make "nerdburger" a thing again.

I remember one of the Americartas had a letter that used the term. It was the only letter to ever use it, which makes me wonder if this was a letter Gabby wrote herself to try and make nerdburger a thing.

Sauce the page b0ss.

I hate when they drag Uruguay into their circlejerk, we have enough with southern brazillians pretending they have anything to do with us. It's always the same shit.

>Chile/Argentina starts to "banter" another country (mocking homicide, poverty, calling everyone a nigger)
>Argentina/Chile joins in and post something ultra sarcastic and ironic (Sure, i would totally live in your marvelous place without running water/i always felt like i need a head cut ups! i meant hair cut)
>after being cunts and making some sperg from a tropical country mad they start talking about the southern cone just to trigger more people
>Poor good and innocent Uruguay joins the conversation and other latinos start insulting you even if you had nothing to do with it "fuck you Uruguay you are not a real countrym fuck the southern cone", "Uruguay is shit the southern cone are larping faggots pretending to be superior".

And of course, if there's no other latinos Argentina pretends Uruguay doesnt exist and chile pretends is friendly but is insulting you

>Uruguay? Sure, that's the provincia in the north right?
>The only reason Uruguay isnt a first world country is that it's not a real country

And if there's any european present pic related is how they threat poor Uruguay.

Uruguay is a well kept secret. Don't want people to actually wan to go to probably the best country in South America

Only time Bruja(h) is a positive term is when you're fighting against a Ventrue.

Panama and Mexico. But again, Costaricans tend to get along with everyone... except those Nicaraguan fucks.

Issue three, my lovely bride-to be. It's the last letter on the right side of the page.

The letter also says “America is our future; America is hope,” which are two lines from issue one. The first part being said by a character that looks exactly like Gabby Rivera.

>uma
get out

>best country
>in South America
kek

So are Portuguese and Spanish generally brown or what? Are they not-white like Italians, or just tanned white people?

Gabby Rivera confirm for Cannibal.

her?

Sorry but southern Brazilian threats Uruguay as a more friendly Argentina and that's all, you guys are all boludos to us

>Mexican dubs used to translate bruja as bitch,

I'm mexican and I've grew up associating bruja with witch and only this. Which is fine, because lechuza is the superior compared to bruja.

we can go back but you will still never get laid, enjoy being a passive aggresive virign loser for the rest of your miserable life

Any Puerto Rican or Mexican woman with any pride for themselves wouldn't call themselves a Bruja, Gabby has zero respect for anything about her culture. And like most millennials on the average, they use their race as a crutch in arguments and for government privileges.

>Speak Mehican Spanish
>Family from Spain starts asking me questions
>Feel like a country bumpkin
>Wallow in my shitskin for days

Spain Spanish is absolute shit

t. Mexican

When will she fuck off?

When her contract expires, probably by issue 12, where she'll leave and probably say something along the lines it was due to "Completing her work" when in fact she's being paid off by Marvel in the form of royalty checks.

>Why don't Puerto Ricans have a large written history?
>Spray paint wasn't invented until 1949

did anyone tried shopping gabby into a cute feminine woman? project harpoon style
I wonder how much it would trigger her

Royalty checks for what? You think any writer besides Gabby will use the people from Sontamayor?

By "royalty checks" I mean hush money so they don't sperg out on twitter so she doesn't say it was due to "misogyny". Think about it, if it wasn't for the checks, do you think the remaining Marvel creators or their families would be as quiet as their legacy's being ruined by Marvel?

Fuck, thats a woman?

I don't know man, I always thought (s)he was a MtF tranny but I was told she is biologically female.

She didn't actually make America Chavez though, she's just the writer for her ongoing. Karen Gillen's the one who wrote her, and pretty much everyone agrees she was a far better character when she was both part of a team group and not written by a Pseudo-Rican.

I have a sister, born woman yet wears men's clothes. My mom even dressed her up in Dresses n stuff back when she was a kid. Nowadays I think she's a man from a distance. I guess it's all a matter of rolling the die.

One look on wikipedia shows I'm already wrong on two fronts: Joe Casey created her, Kieren Gillen just included her in his Young Avengers run.