Should Marvel have CG'd out Evan's facial hair?

Not sure how I feel about the bearded look desu. Whedon wouldn't have let this happen.

So when they kill him, Winter Soldier will become Nomad and Falcon will become Cap, right?

I am totally on board with punished Cap.

I'm kinda sad that he's gonna lose it for Avengers 4.

It fits his current wanted situation, he's literally Punished Cap.

Isn't he Nomad rather than Cap, though?

Also, I don't think T'Challa was referring to Cap when he said "Someone get this man a shield", but rather Buckycap.

He is wearing a wig.

He looks better with beard. Also,
>Actually wanting Cap to have uncanny valley face the whole movie

No he isn't

He'll shave it & suit up properly.

pretty certain OP twas a joke.

Does he even do works besides the MCU? I know his directorial debut flopped hard.

Literally human Shrek

This is Punished Rogers. He's lost faith in himself, and what he stood for. Come Avengers 4, he'll be back in his old duds yelling "Avengers Assemble"

When I watched the trailer with my mom earlier she let out an obviously sexually aroused “Ooohh..” at Punished Evans
I think lot of girls and gays are going to be into it, and it will be satisfying to see him get revived in proper boy scout form in 4 before probably dying in an extended Jesus metaphor

>Whedon wouldn't have let this happen.
Yeah, well, he also refused to have him say "assemble", so I don't care.

>When I watched the trailer with my mom earlier

At least two movies every year
The MCU is just a huge time constraint on how thin he can stretch himself, and he is without any doubt an A-list movie star now, so once he leaves he’ll be getting Oscar bait roles and franchise offers left and right

He is

he also refused to use Hank Pym because '' more scientists would be too convoluted.''

then he adds another female scientist to the movie...

And then he'll die.

>When I watched the trailer with my mom earlier she let out an obviously sexually aroused “Ooohh..” at Punished Evans
lel My brother did that.

>before probably dying in an extended Jesus metaphor
Wrong franchise

>so once he leaves he’ll be getting Oscar bait roles and franchise offers left and right
Yeah I don't think so. He's mostly looks and he'll eventually get old.

Have you ever seen Birdman? Because that's pretty much what'll happen with him.

>And then he'll die
As it should be. Cap will die a hero, saving the universe, and Death will grant him that dance with Peggy

He did that movie where he was a filthy normie single dad who wanted his super-genius daughter to be raised around other normie kids instead of some gifted program so his mother in law tries to take the kid from him in court.

It's just as bad as it sounds.

Snowpiercer was gr8 though.

I might have some news about your brother

>so once he leaves he’ll be getting Oscar bait roles and franchise offers left and right

Nah. Evans wasnt getting stellar work before Cap and he wont after. Same thing happened with Hemsworth and RDJ. Nobody wants to see them unless they're a superhero. Weird thing with Hollywood is once you become so iconic in a role, it's hard to get away from it and even studios dont want to touch you. Just ask any Star Wars actor besides Ford and Jackson.

Men can age well user, a lot of the time it’s not that big of a barrier. RDJ has decades on him and he still makes fucking bank.
We haven’t really seen what the guy can do with a role with serious dramatic meat. I’m sure someone will give him a shot at that given the name will get butts in seats.
Don’t see him trying to direct again anytime soon though

Who played the daughter? Was it black?

It’s not news

>Who played the daughter?

Some kid actor, nobody famous.

>Was it black?

White.

>Same thing happened with Hemsworth and RDJ

Not sure how old you are but there’s a reason IM was called a comeback story for RDJ. He’s been in a bunch of successful shit since then. But one of the privileges of being really fucking rich is not having to work as often. Hemmsworth im guessing is going to be more successful post Ragnarok because people (both audiences and execs) realized he can be pretty fucking funny. He’s probably going to get more fun roles rather than stilted dramatic stuff and be successful at it.

RDJ already had a successful career, which he then fucked up with drugs, before Avengers. Evans was the Human Torch.

All his fame comes from his Captain America role and no one in Hollywood takes capeshit seriously. Big name actors just get in for a quick buck and because it's trendy to be in a super hero movie, so, no he'll not be getting Oscar bait roles, at best he'll get to be in the next the Expendables movies or something like that.

Was she cute?

Yeah, Hemsworth will be great in sci-fi/tentpole kinda flicks. Charisma goes a long way, if Harrison Ford can be Han Solo, Indiana Jones, and Agent Deckard (among dozens more) I’m sure Hemsworth can get an audience to buy him as a character who isn’t Thor.
Take a few months to practice a convincing American accent and there you are, a leading man.

RDJ's hype died around the time he did Sherlock Holmes 2. After that he realized he wasnt as big a pull without the Iron Man armor and crawled back to Marvel. Around 2013 he kept talking about how he was going to retire after Avengers 2 but the box office returns on Chef and the Judge convinced him otherwise.

>Around 2013 he kept talking about how he was going to retire after Avengers 2 but the box office returns on Chef and the Judge convinced him otherwise.
RDJ is a good businessman. He was just scaring Marvel to get better paychecks, he pushed enough and bam! Ike is gone and he gets 50 million for the next movie.

All most casting agents see is how much money you’re going to make with whatever name gets on the poster.
Millions of people have crushes on Evans, I’d say he has the biggest dedicated female fanbase of the cast.
Someone will give him a shot at a big, sought-after role, just for that guarenteed $$$.
I have zero doubts about this. The question is whether or not he’ll succeed in it.

Mister Captain America, welcome back. we MISSED you.

Chef did great on the home market, it’s not the kind of movie that breaks records in theaters.
The Judge was just shitty, and when it comes to “serious” movies for adults that will almost inevitably kill them nowadays now that people pay attention to reviews.
I think RDJ is mostly just not working as much because he’d rather produce, count his stacks of cash, and literally live like Stark irl.
He’s working on a new version of Perry Mason for HBO last I heard, his idea and thus it’s happening because he can do whatever the fuck he wants

The fuck kinda outfit is that? Where is the bright colorful captain America we all know and love, fuck this brooding bearded fuck.

Did you skip Civil War?

I was gonna bitch about how that scientist was unnecessary and was nowhere to be found after the movie, but I just realized what her last name is.

She's probably gonna introduce asian hulk at some point after all this is done

No. But that was shit too.

>All most casting agents see is how much money you’re going to make with whatever name gets on the poster.
>Moonlight
>$65,046,687
>Spotlight
>$88,346,473
>Birdman
>$103,215,094
>12 years a slave
>$187,733,202
Those are the last 4 movies that won the Oscar for best movie and their worldwide grosses.

They are not aiming for big money, and Evans definitely doesn't have the acting ability or reputation to compete for an Oscar. Saying he gained enough credibility as an actor to be offered roles for Oscar bait because he did well in capeshit is just ridiculous.

He'll be doing Rock-tier flicks once his deal with Disney finishes.

it wasnt the magnum opus of marvel but it wasn't a flop like suicide squad or justice league. Gotta give credit where it's due

>He'll be doing Rock-tier flicks once his deal with Disney finishes.
I don't think that's where he wants to go. from his interviews he seems more interested doing behind the camera stuff, or more interesting but smaller movies like Gifted and the upcoming Red Sea Diving Resort, a drama film which might be him putting his foot in the door to go for an Oscar run down the road.

I didn't like suicide squad but I wouldn't call it a flop. You seen how much that bitch made?

I think he could carry a war movie. Would still be playing into the niche he established as Cap but he’d be believable.
Also never implied he’d WIN an Oscar, just that he’d try and score a role in a film with a good script. You forget there’s metric shitloads of unsuccessful attempts every year. And oftentimes the acting categories’ winners don’t correspond with Best Picture.
Also
>Birdman
You DO know what kind of movies Michael Keaton used to do, right?

>the box office returns on Chef
$31 million domestic and $15 million foreign on an $11 million budget for indie comedy-drama.

I phrased that incorrectly, sorry. I meant he'll most likely be offered those kind of roles since he has been proven effective in action flicks and has the looks.
But yeah, it seems he's more interested in smaller films, and maybe he'll want to try the directorial gig again since that was his original plan.

I'm pointing out the ridiculous assertion that Evans would be offered oscar bait roles after he finishes with Disney which is just dumb.

Keaton has also been in the business for more than 20 years and only got in the the grand oscar scene in 2014. You can't really compare the two.

Subtle.

Keaton also didn't really make a move into the Oscar scene until a few years ago. His portfolio is extensively comedies and he's probably done more family films than prestige dramas. Birdman was sandwiched between Robocop and Minions.

lol

it isn't about box office when it comes to such movies, its more about critics appreciation
and it was bad

Johny Depp 2.0

As much as I'm shilling against Marvel all day here I will admit I think bearded cap looks great and it adds a touch of modernness too him. Like he fully shaves because it's the 40s solider thing to do. But he's realizing he doesn't have to keep up with the old styles anymore. He can grow a bread.

And lose
Punished Cap:A soilder without a sheild

He also despises Hank Pym as a character because of the SLAP.

Oh, that'd be a nice ending...
"By the way, I almost fucked your niece."
"Steve, she's a child..."
"Not by the time I was showing her my dick."

Whedon and his feminism fetish is a complete mess. I'm glad it all blew on his face.

Chris Evans has the GOAT look for a movie star.

Superman: [shakes his head ruefully] Bonasera, Bonasera. What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? If you'd come to me in friendship, then that scum that ruined your daughter would be suffering this very day. And if by chance an honest man like yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies. And then they would fear you.

I'm pretty sure Amadeus wasn't a Hulk yet when AoU came out, but before they made him shitty green fauxhawk guy, he was an extremely fun sidekick character for Hercules so I wouldn't mind seeing something in the spirit of that become a thing down the road.

Yeah, because the MCU is well known for its skillful use of established players and callbacks.

Whether or not it's a flop has nothing to do with whether or not it's shit.

He hung out with Hulk before Herc.

He was in Chef for like 5 minutes.