OK K.O. Let's Watch the Pilot preview

>KO, Rad, and Enid look back at the Lakewood Plaza Turbo pilot.
ht.cdn.turner.com/toon/big/preview/tve/CARE1011291700029219_B13R1.mp4
i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i229/CARE1011291700029219_003_1280x720.jpg
i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i229/CARE1011291700029219_004_1280x720.jpg
i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i229/CARE1011291700029219_005_1280x720.jpg
i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i229/CARE1011291700029219_006_1280x720.jpg
i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i229/CARE1011291700029219_007_1280x720.jpg
i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i229/CARE1011291700029219_008_1280x720.jpg
i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i229/CARE1011291700029219_009_1280x720.jpg
i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i229/CARE1011291700029219_010_1280x720.jpg
i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/CARTOON/site/Images/i229/CARE1011291700029219_011_1280x720.jpg

It's listed as airing tomorrow on the server but non of the schedules have it listed

Didn't Clarence already do this?

Real talk,i dont like the news girl. Shes obnoxious,loud and isnt funny at all.
I cant even say shes fuckable because her personality is so annoying i couldnt stand it.

Bit of a surprise. We're getting a new episode one way or another.

Isn't it a bit early for he show to have an episode like this?

So is it tomorrow or not?

This is just meta. Why now? Can't a nigga get few seasons under his belt before he pulls a behind the scenes episode?

I guess it speaks to how even good shows aren't guaranteed more than 1 season, but shit, don't go blowing your load on the first pump, Ian

Dynamite Watkins is bae

So, in the context of the episode, they are showing the pilot to a bunch of fictional characters while the protagonists talk over it or answer in-story audience questions.

Maybe one of them will ask a question about still being were animals.

Clarence's episode was nothing like this.

Besides, they're hardly the first show to add scenes to their pilot to make a new episode. Doug, Sonic SatAM, Dexter's Lab, Regular Show...

Did any of them have a talk show to discuss their pilot?

Nope, and neither did Clarence.

So the show is tv show in universe, this is some Billy & Mandy level of meta

It's like an homage to when animes show their characters as actors, let's not forget, this show is the weebest shit since Steven Universe.

I like how KO looks here. cute

>KO is actually a piece of shit when he's not acting

Pls, baby, pls.

alien camerawoman is cute! CUTE!

Did that thot just kill Crinkly Wrinkly, the best and purest character on the show?

Just a guess, but I'd say it's gonna leak on the app soonish.

they upload the episodes to their server a few days before the air date, I'm almost sure there's gonna be a new episode tomorrow

American Dad does the same thing.

>Maybe one of them will ask a question about still being were animals.

I hope so.

That's kind of a lazy premise. What's with this show and meta humor?

They did it in Clarence too. Steven Universe also had meta humor in that one episode.

it be fair OK KO is inherently more meta than your average show

Say Uncle where they cross over with a literal meta humor comedy?

Or did you mean Know Your Fusion where they make like one meta joke about Nikki Manaj

holy shit, this thread is full of some of the most "no fun" people ever

it's just some wacky cartoon bullshit for jokes, when did everyone get so autistic about everything

Yes, but going too wacky will undermine any attempts at more genuine moments. I hope the "characters are just actors" angle will not stick.

user were on Sup Forums

>lazy premise
>behind the scene episode
Literally the best episodes in cartoons

lmao what show are you watching

the whole show is full of weird/wacky cartoony stuff that makes no sense, moments of anti-continuity, weird shit done only for laughs.

after the show has recently done a lot more serious stuff and lore, revealing the sandwich incident and all, doing a weird one-off like this feels super refreshing

And? What are you trying to say with that inane comment?

the production code and the combination of the two non-Ian boarders suggests this is an earlier-ish (like still post-TKO) ep

Still the show's loose enough that its not out of place

stop worrying about the show "undermine any attempts at more genuine moments". the show does that by itself by being goofy and weird all the time

it's like an animated shitpost. just roll with it

>its a lorefag goes autistic episode
This is not the show for you

this show isn't serious user. even the "serious moments" are mostly played for laughs or sarcastic in some way.

loosen up, turn your brain off, relax. this isn't legend of korra or young justice or something. OK KO is some goofy shit done for laughs

>the show does that by itself by being goofy and weird all the time

And that's not bad why exactly? It's easily one of the worst things about this otherwise great show. Asking me to take it seriously and then at the same time not wanting me to.

It's like I'm being asked to apply the entertainment version of doublethink. Make up your goddamn mind.

>Just stop thinking, it's THAT easy!

Let's hope you and don't forget how to breath any time soon. It's not about lore. It's not going unnecessarily overboard.

>It's easily one of the worst things about this otherwise great show
This is clearly not the show for you, user

You might wanna try something a little more boring/takes itself more seriously. Maybe Welcome to the Wayne or DuckTales?

oh, it's an actual episode written around the original pilot? I guess this'll be fun.

The show is super funny and it also has elements to enjoy if you want to get legitimately invested in its dramatic side. Both elements are good and both make each other better.

I like the show, but God forbid someone dares criticizes something you don't want to bother thinking about.

>still deflecting with "not the show for you"

weakest response

Not even Teen Titans or Avatar were serious 100% of the time. No reason this should be.

How is it weak? Not every show can be right for everyone.

If that was possible I would like every single show airing.

one man defense force lmao

maybe. I think it's fine so long as the more ridiculous premises are kept contained in their own episodes, like this one.

>It's not meant to be taken seriously, stop criticizing it!

What? I think it's a valid criticism though.

I just think that OK KO is never gonna stop doing weird/goofy shit for laughs, that's all. What else can i say but "this isn't the show for you" it's not like I have any power to change what the show is

>I just think that OK KO is never gonna stop doing weird/goofy shit for laughs

You can never know for sure with these things. Maybe there will be some changes for S2, who knows?

That said, was it ever confirmed there's season 2? There must be, because otherwise they'd already announced discontinuation.

>oh look, a character just died let's have everyone take it seriously
>now let's go full meta and look at our pilot episode

this is embarrassing and lazy, this cartoon wants to have lore and be taken seriously and then it does a tone shift next episode. the artstyle and animation look like fucking shit already, guess the writing and direction is shit too.

just try to defend this, you'll look like a moron.

just like them wearing skinsuits and are still animals underneath?
get a grip

I agree that she's a jerk, but she's a jerk wearing a pencil skirt. Give me all the lewds that haven't been made yet.

The only one who died was a Kaktus Krew member. Offscreen. Of old age. Probably one of the more darker jokes.

Who are you talking about?

reminder that this is how you do a perfect meta episode

if you haven't watched this don't even bother arguing.

>This thread
Holy fuck, you guys are autistic.

this show is about as serious as Freakazoid. expecting anything else will probably leave you disappointed

it's like Freakazoid and season1-2 Adventure Time set in a Venture Bros world.

reminds me a little of the episode of Power Rangers Dino Thunder where they watch a dubbed episode of the Super Sentai series it was based on, with them commenting over it

what was so good about that one? genuinely curious. Ive seen it and it didnt seem so mindblowing

and like it was mentioned earlier in the thread, Clarence isnt the first time that a pilot got expanded.

Thinking about it, I guess it's that the show wants to have continuity, but also asks the audience to selectively look away whenever it feels like breaking away from that continuity.

That's not really being tonally inconsistent, but I see how it can come off as indecisive, lazy, or contradictory to some people.

freakazoid didn't have muh dark side moments and it was a much better cartoon.

Best boy approves of this thread.

Did you actually watch the TKO episode?
So, because they have an comedy episode, on a comedy show, it's lazy and contradictory

It's still a cartoon, you man children.

On another note, do you think Enid has become a better character since the early episodes?

this cartoon wants to be:

>lore heavy like avatar
>off the wall like flapjack
>self aware like teen titans go
>progressive like loud house

but it doesn't want to be good

>Lore heavy
There is lore and continuity and they reference it. I don't see how that's heavy.

>"muh dark side is hurting mah friends, forced drama etc"
>Did you actually watch the TKO episode?
did you?

there's no such thing as too wacky

Yet it still manages to be.

I feel like this is the type of episode you would air after it's gone on for a while and has a bit of success.

>muh dark side is hurting mah friends
It was literally all comedy

>forced drama
KO cried at the end of the episode because he is 6-11 years old.

loud house is like bare minimum "progressive" lmao please

>The constant leg crossing in her short skirt

Ian what are you doing to me!

I feel like this is because Ian isn't sure if he's getting the season 2 or not so he's getting all the things he wants to do out of the way just in case he doesn't get renewed

Although apparently there's a rumor that the show is so who the fuck knows

>So, because they have an comedy episode, on a comedy show, it's lazy and contradictory

I believe it's that, since the show does have continuity and wants you to follow it, that having an episode that goes "Oh, they are all actors by the way" sort of makes the whole continuity feel weaker if you are into it, since you have to consider them being actors part of the continuity.

That something fictional is fake in it's own context can be a pretty big deal to fans.

Unless you selectively declare it non canon.

"Why bother having continuity if in the end you are not serious about it?" is a question that some will ask I suppose.

>he is 6-11 years old
there it is! the excuse for the shitty storyboarder work.

and yes, I was totally for realsies /laughing/ when TKO started crying, at no point the word "heavy handed" came to mind.
honest!

>"Oh, they are all actors by the way" sort of makes the whole continuity feel weaker if you are into it
It's a comedy action show that happens to have a continuity, the show isn't really that serious at all and, outside of Laserblast dying which was in a comedic fashion anyway, there isn't any many serious moments. Not mention many shows have done this before.

>That something fictional is fake in it's own context can be a pretty big deal to fans.
The show isn't serious to begin with and there isn't a rule that says you can't be a comedy with some drama or a drama with some comedy.

>"I want to be taken seriously but at the same time I wanna do whatever the fuck with no complaints and phoning it in at every turn."

>"I want to be taken seriously"
but that's wrong

All the show wants to be is entertaining

>Not the first post from this IP
This show makes you mad as fuck dude

"im sorey" and you didnt laugh even a little bit? are you made of stone?

You were supposed to take Gar's feeling towards Carol and his shame about what happened seriously. Same with TKO almost beating up his mom.

The first big mystery of the show involved a falling sandwich in the rain, get real.

>how to identify an SU fag who jumped ship to OK KO

The first big mystery was how Gar was connected to Carol when they were part of a, at that moment to the audience, unknown team.

Sounds less silly if I rephrase it like that now, doesn't it?

>everyone who criticizes muh show comes from something I don't like

The big mystery was the sandwich and the doughnut shop blowing up. It wasn't a mystery what team Gar was on, they told you early the name of the team was POINT.

struck a nerve

Did you read what was said?

>how Gar was connected to Carol when they were part of a, at that moment to the audience, unknown team

It was clear they were part of a team. What wasn't clear was their connection and what happened in that scene. "Things slowly falling down", no matter what, is a good visual technique. The sandwich turned out important later one when it reappeared, but not in that scene.

Man, Star Vs. threads are more fun, but shipbait in your show is a pandora's box.

>What wasn't clear was their connection and what happened in that scene. "Things slowly falling down", no matter what, is a good visual technique
And the big catalyst for it was a god damn sandwich falling to the ground and they would always punctuate the silliness of that was the comedic look on Gar or Carol's face after the flashback.

What the fuck is wrong with you people? How can you guys be so autistic about a simple cartoon like this?

The seriousness of the show itself does not matter. What matters is that there is a continuity that it asks you to follow and take seriously, but at the same time it wants you not to care about it whenever it wants.

i have to admit there is some deep stuff in this show, like when carol lost laserblast i actually felt bad for her and that was really sad

but TKO was meant to be funny

Did you honestly think that as soon as you saw that sandwich falling down for the first time?

>What the fuck is wrong with you people? How can you guys be so autistic about a simple cartoon like this?

I don't know. YOU are the one who replied and is bothered that someone is not sharing your view.

So let me ask you a question, if did they follow up on the episode where KO turned into a dog and he was just a dog in a costume, would you have been upset?
And are you upset that they literally almost never talk about the fact that they are animals?

REEEE IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT JUST LEAVE

NOT THE SHOW FOR YOUUUUUU

ahahaha

didn't* follow up

>watching shows you hate

>are K.O. fags this hellbent on defending their shitty cartoo-

yes, they are

Come on guys, let's all agree on one thing here.

>Professor Venomous

That is all I have to say, continue arguing.