So which Marvel legacy character is most deserving of the mantle they inherited?

So which Marvel legacy character is most deserving of the mantle they inherited?

I really wish I could say Falcon, but his actual comic as Cap was lacking.

Laura, definitely. She's always been a good character, and her taking over the Wolverine role makes sense.

Moonstone and Elsa Bloodstone

Falcon was the most organic.
Jean doesn't even count as a Legacy wtf are they doing?
The Marvels generally pass the name and bands around all the time so Kalama isn't out of place.
Cho also isn't the first one to become a young Hulk, so whatever.
Kate took the mantel when Clint wasn't using it, not really passed down as much as repurposed. But that was ages ago.

Lil' Nova's creation and introduction was Jeff Loeb bullshit at it's maximum but they eventually found a way to make him worthwhile.

Miles fucking sucks. Everything about him is pointless. He adds nothing to mythos, has nothing to offer as a personality, and is generally a waste of a neat costume. Especially since Pete already has other characters that fit his legacy better.

miss marvel, nova, maybe young miles

Jane Thor was also a cheap gimmick that had no actual narrative thrust

X-23 fit the theming of Wolverine and was IMMEDIATELY made a well-developed character upon her introduction.

>since Pete already has other characters that fit his legacy better

So true.

Falcon made the most sense, shame about the comic
I dunno about Nova given it's the same deal as Lanterns
Kamala is probably the one with the best stories out of the bunch but it was good because it's disconnected from Carol's bullshit

What kind of question is this? Obviously Miles and Riri.

Seriously I like Carol, but she has so much potential that they don't use and Lady Thor, she's hot, her stories are good but Sup Forumstrarians will say she sucks.

oh yeah those oneshots happened

Kate because nobody gives a fuck about Hawkeye

The one not shown. May Parker

I mean, the two characters do have a history that really justifies the handoff, so in that sense it works great. But nobody wants a bird-man to be Captain America. He has an unreadably shitty powerset, he just can't carry a book. Then they had to give him his race-baiting bullshit on top of it. And him flying around with a giant frisbee strapped to one of his wings triggers my autism pretty hard; if his wings are in any way relevant to his flight there's no fucking way the shield isn't going to fuck up his aerodynamics. It should be on his back when he's flying every goddamn time.

Cho isn't bad as Hulk. I don't mind Carol as Capt. Marvel or X-23 as Wolverine either. All were characters established well before the handoff, so it feels much less forced than the rest of the diversity initiative. Miles and Riri are absolute trash. I'd not only kill them off, I'd kill them off and have them perform horrible (read: politically incorrect) acts before I do it so that they can never be revived.

>Obviously Miles and Riri.
Shit taste lad.

Laura, x-23, is the one who made sense but they still sjwed it up even though it was right in front of them and now its shit.

Read the rest of the post, retard.

>Riri.

She isnt even the black girl who makes sense to replace iron man. Someone remade the same damn character with less work so they could get some oc bucks. I think it was that hack Bendis.

Oh wait nevermind.

>Jean
What
>Laura
Bad decision decently-handled
>Jane
Questionable decision badly-handled
>Sam (1)
Good decision terribly-handled
>Sam (2)
Okay decision badly-handled at first, but grew into being great
>Carol
Good decision it makes sense to have a prominent woman on the Avengers roster, nobody else was using the name, Carol's origin and powersets don't feel redundant with anyone else on the team badly-handled by making her bland and Wow-So-Inspiring rather than an angry fuckup
>Kamala
Other than the fact that she stems from the idea of Carol as Super Inspiring, a good idea well-handled
>Kate
Okay idea badly-handled once they started pushing the "lol hawkguy sux" meme
>Riri
Basically just Miles again
>Miles
Idea with some potential utterly ruined by lolbendis
>Chulk
Good idea blandly handled

>Lady Thor, she's hot, her stories are good but Sup Forumstrarians will say she sucks.
Her stories can be good, but not because of her.

Carol or Laura

Her fight between loki was great

Ghost Rider did it alright. They didn't shit all over the predecessors and Robbie was his own thing.

I can't agree more.

My only qualm with Miles was "Why go the route of insta-kill and no hand-off to the new guy, who is unnecessarily younger?"

Mile's age was what instantly made me hesitate to embrace the character. That and I hated how Peter died. It was horrible. I know it was supposed to be noble and courageous, but rather it made me hate Bendis and all of the Ultimate universe.

They just went through the whole "Spider-Man is dead" thing during Ultimatum, and did an awesome job on supporting cast development. Then he turns it right around during the next volume and kills off Peter.

tldr: I agree with everything, and I never felt satisfied with how Miles was handled.

Moon Girl.

Because Moon Boy never did anything interesting and if anyone tells you otherwise they're a damn liar.

Aaron wrote a perfect loki

But moongirl is shit

Yeah you're saying Miles and Riri deserve the mantle which they don't.

Can we take a moment to point out how much of a WASTE of good art this is?

Well, Sam Wilson deserved to be Captain America. Ironically, he's the only one that had his mantle taken. All the other knockoffs still exist.

Sam, since he actually was Cap before already.
Second would be Cho, who has been built up as Hulk's sidekick over the entirety of Pak's run

I am not even him. The user is joking, you idiot