What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

kimcartoon.me/Cartoon/Hey-Arnold-The-Jungle-Movie
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The current Nickelodeon audience wasn’t born in the 90s

This. Hey Arnold! might be popular among 90s kids, but today's kids don't know a shit about the show. Also didn't help that Nickelodeon only started advertising it 3 weeks before it came out

No new season or The Patakis on Nick at nigth...

I think you meant 80s.

I actually thought they did a decent job promoting it. However, one of the main issues with TJM is that too much time had passed since the original show wrapped up production in mid 2001.

The Patakis...may not work today as well as it could have, back in the 2000s.

>80s
People born in the 90s also watched it. I remember it aired in reruns on Nickelodeon till 2005

The Patakis may work in other network, Viacom probably needs to retool some of theirs to work. I mean, is Comedy Central OK as it is?

This came out??

Fuck no. The Patakis will never happen Arnoldfag.

Seriously, during this past week, the Arnold fandom has become one of the most fucking cancerous fandoms of all damn time. They are starting petitions to bring their beloved show back which is pathetic. I never thought i'd say this, but Arnold has a more cancerous fandom than Rick and Morty

Not enough run time to do everything they wanted, leading to some aspects being rushed.

That being said, the final product is fine. Not perfect. Not the best film ever. But still a strong ending to a beloved series that wrapped up everything it really needed to.

Yep and it was trash

The pacing was fucked but other than that it was almost perfect.

Got a dl link? I want to see it for myself.

kimcartoon.me/Cartoon/Hey-Arnold-The-Jungle-Movie

They fougth for two decades for the Jungle Movie...they are autistic as fuck

Get back to Reedit

This. It's like the autistic fandom's life depends on Hey Arnold!

>Arnold has a more cancerous fandom than Rick and Morty

I didn't realise it had much of a fandom... There's a couple fans knocking about but it's never been that big, has it?

As much as I hate to say anything defending Rick And Morty's fanbase, wasn't the actual stabbing a result of a dispute between employees and the fans just happened to be there at the time?

That still doesn’t excuse the autism that lurked around those McDonald sites

No. It's generally accepted by my coworkers in my age range as a good show and I can get them all to describe at least one episode to me. But it never really had any merchandise or explosive popularity. It was a wholesome show that tackled subjects no other show did with a unique and memorable setting and cast. I'm just at that age now where everyone around me is finding it hard to support themselves while still maintaining some semblance of happiness and clinging to things in the past like old cartoons and Star Wars is the only thing that brings them joy.

So yeah, some idiot makes a petition and autistically advertises it all over the internet. Some random fan from the 90s will see it on zuccbook and go "Oh, yeah. I remember Hey! Arnold XD I'll sign that it takes like 2 minutes."

That's what I thought, I wouldn't be surprised if a couple supreme autismos waited the 20 years, but that wouldn't be enough to hold a fandom

Weebs hated it.

>missing the point

Before social media, there were many HA! fansites, including non-English ones. The oldest site, Don's, is still online after 20 years. There were also three forums people used to talk about things. There was a popular IRC chatroom on Freenode. There was also a time on FF.net when HA! was in the top ten out of all the cartoons there with most fanfics produced. IIRC one time it was even in the top five. Back then I believe Teen Titans fics were number one. To me, this show had/has a dedicated fandom worldwide.

Yet we stayed calm for 20 years. Fuck man, this generation deserves and needs a Daria.

Are people shitting on this? Why?

Because it came out. They'll do the same thing for invader Zim

Because it's shit

You fucking faggots are so predictable

The HA! fandom did play a part on The Jungle Movie happening, but their effect is greatly exaggerated. Yes, from 2009-2012 they wrote letters to Nick and made fanart, but that because around that time, kids that were 7 in 1996 were in their 20s.

TJM happened because Craig and Nick wanted to make it. The fans alone might've made convincing Nick easier, but that's it.

>McDonalds cops
>McDonalds is so becoming so powerful they have their own police and army

Because too many young newbs are in the mix, diluting the final fan result. If this movie came out in 2012 or earlier, I bet there would be alot less complaining. Less younger people and more of the older fans would still be around.

Why does Sup Forums always want everything to fail?

The movie sucked anyways

>The movie sucked anyways

Mainstream opinion disagrees with you, thankfully.

Fuck off. Barely anyone watched the fucking movie. It didn't do as well as The Loud House and Teen Titans Go!

Nobody working in cartoons today knows how to do layout

It got 1.7million overall including all of the nick channels, so it technically did do better than the two of them. It also got released on nick half a day early and probably got a bunch of views on there. It didn't do that badly

You had a week to come out of the woodwork and call it shit. Why now that the threads have died down?

Presumably to spark off discussion and controversy.

Classic

eyes are on the lens instead of behind, bob just looks weird. I'll still watch the thing but man this looks bizarre

Nothing went wrong. It was a well-deserved finish to a beloved yet somewhat forgotten show. Wasn't amazing, but it was enjoyable, and that's what counts.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing if they gave it a small revival. This generation could use a wholesome, slice-of-life cartoon. It's all zany fantasy stuff nowadays, nothing particularly grounded like this has come along in some time.

I'm a 90s kid, and my dad loved Hey Arnold as much as I did, and when we showed it to my little sister a few years ago (she's 13 now) she liked it too and she also liked the movie.

I would say the quality holds up amazingly well, but yeah, I guess the marketing wasn't there.