What do you think of the new Rorschach?

What do you think of the new Rorschach?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/34Rk_DC3B9c?t=133
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He's cool

You mean BlackShaq?

I like that he's not a carbon copy of the original, and doesn't seem to be as good. Also I enjoy him being black, because I love see fags freaking out about it

An insult to the original, fuck faggots like there spitting on the legacy. Hopefully they bring kovacs back somehow

People are complaining, really? this is like Black Human Torch all over again.

How is he an insult? He´s just a new one, of a legacy.

But De'jonny La'storm was meant to be THE Jonny, this Rorschach isn't, he's a different person

It would be way more insulting to the character if they brought him back to life

Ok, and? Why does it matter if he´s different, I think it´s cool.

Rorschach isnt black. Atleast he isnt like marvel where he acts nothing like the character there trying to emulate while passively aggressively shitting on them

I think it's too soon to say how good of a character he is, we barely know him.

So the only think that Insults the Rorschach is that he´s black?

I never said he was good. I just asked about how people feel about him.

I didn't read it, I don't care if he's black but if he's not conservative and violent then it's bullshit.

This

I can't wrap my head around this nonsense

This I hope that they have a coherent and logical story why he is back, why he works with oz and why he is black.
I can understand that they made him black to virtually make it clear that he isnt the real Rorschach, he really died.
But just have him black to avoid to show his face but characters agree that its not the first Rorschach, would be meh.

Well, he does seem violent.

Sure its an insult to watchmen to make a sequell and tie it with original universe for a cash grab.
But overall we should agree that we wait till last issue to shit on them for cash grab or agree it wasnt bad but not true to the original.

But what about his political views? I don't adopt a hero mantle if you don't share their views.Alaan more let it pretty clear in his works.

Well, as far as we can tell, he does seem to try to BE Rorschach, and a lot of people think that he might´ve adopted his persona after reading his Journal.

Legacies are stupid

How come?

Be your own person without the crutch loser.

Legacies are epic, what Marvel do in the other hand is making their characters steal the mantle of others.Miles Morales is the only Marvel replacement that actually wanted to keep spiderman legacy rather than simply "lmao I'm Miss Marvel now because I like the name"

>we are seriously okay with subjecting Rorschach to this MUH LEGACY bullshit and degrading Walter's trauma, identity and purpose just for the sake of trying to justify Johns' bad writing
You just can't make this shit up.

If he tries to kiss Nite Owl then he is the original Rorschach.

kek

I'm down with Blackschach. He's not as qt as our previous hobo, but he's interesting enough. He liked Walter's jokes too, which is a good sign.

He's black only for political reasons of "MUH DIVERSITY" on comics.
not even corresponding to the anti-communism and republican supporting of the original character.

also who the fuck he is? Rorschach died in 1985, some fag coming from nowhere is playing him in 1992? this is so short and not logical.

I bet he'd compromise in the face of Armageddon

Disgusting.

people got traumatized by marvel's oversaturation of legacies that they collectively shit their pants over the thought of a legacy character

Fake poster

The racist Randian tears will sate me for a hundred generations.

I'm withholding judgement until they show a bit more about where his arc is going. It's obvious that he's a pale imitation of the original, but that's not necessarily a bad thing story-wise. It's just that we don't have enough of his story to really tell if it's any good.

He compromised more than once in the first issue alone.

I'm pretty sure him being a shitty version of Rorschach will be relevant to the plot later on.

Is he the psychologist from the original novel or just a random black guy?

I think him being the psychologist would be a little far-fetched, but so far there's no real evidence either way.

Black human torch was blackwashing Jonhy Storm,that was wrong. This case is legacy,Walter Kovacs is still ginger, that's a new character.

I think Doomsday Clock is a dumb idea, creatively speaking. Watchmen works best as a self-contained story, and trying to branch it out into the greater DC brand kinda shits on the message and destroys the ambiguous note that it ends so beautifully on.

>What do you think of the new Rorschach?

Kovac's illegitime son, he had it with a prostitute.

You guys are giving too much credit to johns.

There is a rising number of black middle class americans joining republican party, Ben carson represent that.

It would be nice if they broke the old image that republicans are all old white guys.

>and republican supporting of the original character.

Kek, he wasnt republican at all are you retarded?, why do americans always do the same shit? if a character (in the cold war) hates commies it means he is a republican... Fuck.

As much as I don't want to read Doomsday Clock, it follows on that a figure like Rorschach would have copycats, especially with that journal going out there.

Why anyone thought there needed to be a sequel to Watchmen that misses what made the original compelling is beyond me.

He alright.

He not like me Rorschach. He not subtle or nuanced. But same Rorschach more or less.

>Kovac's illegitime son, he had it with a prostitute.

Don't you even suggest that, user.

Goddammit Johns, don't even think about it.

He’s supposed to be an insult to the original. Ozymandias is having the black guy be the new Rorschach out of spite against the original one

>being manipulated by rich white dude
>to cosplay as a crazy white dude
>will probably be the first to die

Shiiiiiieeeeet.

Rorschach was not racist, he just hated liberals and criminals.

Hooded justice in the other hand would get really butthurt if a non white replaced him.

Hooded Justice wanted to date the most Arian guy he could find, that's why he ended up with Nelly.

Good thing he never met Ozy.

He'd almost be Sup Forums but Sup Forums is terrified of gays.

>he just hated liberals

Yeah, but not the kind of liberal you are thinking in.

Spite in the sense of “hey Rorschach, look at me defiling your mantle with someone that’s the polar opposite of you, hehehe”

Im convinced hes some poor soul Adian got and fucked up his brain to have a rorshach on his side

>Hooded Justice wanted to date the most Arian guy he could find, that's why he ended up with Nelly.
I always got the feeling he went with Nelson because he was easy to control, and because HJ had been severely controlled and abused as a child, it seemed natural to me.

The dude seems like he legitimately has brain damage, he can't talk right, cant remember shit, claims hes "Rorschah and nothing else"
I feel like hes for sure been experimented on by Ozy

>claims hes "Rorschah and nothing else"
To be fair that was the previous one mentality was well.

Maybe Walter's violence was also due to some brain damage. His mom seems to have hurt him pretty bad.

I made myself sad. Aw.

don't play coy user

you know exactly why they thought there needed to be a Watchmen sequel

>implying Ozy didn't find the corpse of the doctor that psych-tested Rorschach in the original book
>implying Ozy didn't resurrect the doctor to use the information in the his brain about Rorschach to turn him a new Rorschach

it's dumb as shit but it's exactly the kind of shit Johns would do

Who cares what you think though? I bet you don't even buy comics, soylad.

but the doctor was fat and that Rorschach is not fat.

if it doesn't matter then why shouldnt he be white like always?

THEY'RE JUSTIFIED
AND THEY'RE AAAAANCIIEEENT

he was literally a huge supporter of Truman, republican president.

if it doesn't matter then why do either of you care enough to argue?

Didn’t he die at the end of the original? He was one of the victims of the giant squid monster.

That was like 7 years ago, people can lose weight, just look at jontron.

>But overall we should agree that we wait till last issue to shit on them

That's not how it works.

You don't have to read 12 issues of garbage if the first was enough to know it's going to be a garbage run.

That's like expecting America is going to do a complete 180, and Gabby learns how to write. It will never happen.

At this point it almost seems like you people are memeing or purposely mocking how shitty Johns' writing has the potential to be.

The psychologist died, you see his fucking body in the squid crater. It's NYC, the biggest city in the world, and you're seriously suggesting that it can't be any other black guy in the city? It has to be that specific one, who somehow got in peak athlete shape in the span of a few years despite being a middle aged, fat and (if we're autistic enough to assume he survived a psychic explosion) brain damaged?

Are you serious about this, or was this a cunning scheme for (You)s?

>Subtle and nuanced
>Rorschach
Since when did going around calling people homos and whores when you hate them is subtle and nuanced?

He was a supporter of the BOMB, and calling truman a republican must be a joke.

To be fair, Gabby Rivera is hardly Geoff Johns. The guy has some bad comics, but he's MOSTLY still competent.

It's just a reference
youtu.be/34Rk_DC3B9c?t=133

Yeah.

I agree, it is dumb, but I believe it's the kind of shit Johns would LOVE.

If you seriously believe that's all there is to Rorschach's character, you either haven't read the comic and got all your information from memes or you're baiting hard.

This. It's obvious that's the point.

>Walter
>Touching a whore.

I don't get it, why's he a different person but speaks in the same mannerisms as Walter?

This is the biggest fucking flaw with this character so far. He repeatedly says that he isn't Rorschach, yet he talks, dresses and acts just like him. If he's his own person, why doesn't he act like it? Why doesn't he just take elements of Rorschach's identity and make it his own?

imo, I think it's either marketing (would anyone really have cared or talked about this as much if they didn't see Rorschach alive and well in the preview pages?) or Johns is going to try to make some hamfisted meta statement on how wildly Rorschach's character has been interpreted over the years by people who don't get the point of it. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit.

>he talks, dresses, and acts just like him.
No he fucking doesn't. Walter is super literate and talks in long sentences while Rorblack uses quick, short ones. Also, Rorblack is the complete opposite of Walter acting wise. Walter is prone to violence, never compromises, and has strong political beliefs. Rorblack only uses violence when he sees necessary, compromised several times, and is a moderate. You couldn't get more opposite.

>First Rorschach is white, but has dark morals
>Second Rorschach is black, but has light morals
see it's like poetry
because of the mask

>Walter is super literate and talks in long sentences while Rorblack uses quick, short ones.
Only in his journal entries. Walter's pretty short and terse when he's not internally monologuing or rambling about his backstory.

I want the old Rorschach back and I want the Rorschach Niteowl duo back.

P.s. has anyone played Watchmen: the end is nigh. I wish there was more stuff from when they were younger and working together.

I don't mind if Johns intends to
a) comment on superheroes as symbols i.e. after the death of Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson took the mantle of Batman so Batman is an idea more than a physical entity in itself so now the same is applied for Rorschach
b) ridicule extreme fans who cosplay and get lost in the character (hence the new Rorschach's insistence upon being the real deal and getting upset when challenged).

It's better than resurrecting Kovacz. I appreciate that they make it clear from the start that he's a different guy, a copycat. Feels less disrespectful that way.

Except, that it shows how this is clearly just a cashgrab, there wasnt need for a rors, but warner ordered johns to include one.